watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great debate on Talksport now

Started by Nick Bateman, January 20, 2015, 10:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Andy Goldstein & Jason Cundy on the Sportsbar having a really good debate about Chelsea/Mourinho's tactics to get a draw tonight away to Liverpool.

Chelsea, well known, as the 'divers' of the league were awarded a disgusting penatlyu at Anfield, and with their 1 chance in the half took the lead.  As it turned out, Liverpool had 19 shots to Chelsea's 2 and yet Mourinho accused Sam Allardyce of "Parking the bus" when West Ham took points off them.

Martin Atkinson is well-known as a Chelsea ref so of course the FA assign him with this game.  Why not Phil Dowd??  I think we know the answer.

As Goldstein has reiterated on his radio show, Chelsea have spent a BILLION pounds ($1.5b) and parked the bus, something he contended Barcelona or Real Madrid would not have done.  Goldstein also questioned how Mourinho can be regarded as a tactical genius when all he does is "stink the joint out"!

For me, Chelsea are as a UEFA offiicial once said, the "Enemy of football".
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Another point was made "Chelsea have no class" and that was emphasized by the very provocative blue fans' chants at Liverpool, they even chanted "Chelsea aggro" which shows the hooligan element from the 'Headhunters' who were there.

Chelsea have no class....

fulhamben

Disgusting penalty? You obviously didn't watch it then. He took him clean out. Plus liverpool played well, but Chelsea did not park the bus. They had an off day upfront. Four or five times hazard and Costa were through only for their touch to let them down. Plus skrtles elbow come in handy for them a few times.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: fulhamben on January 20, 2015, 11:38:35 PM
Disgusting penalty? You obviously didn't watch it then. He took him clean out. Plus liverpool played well, but Chelsea did not park the bus. They had an off day upfront. Four or five times hazard and Costa were through only for their touch to let them down. Plus skrtles elbow come in handy for them a few times.

Unfortunately I watched the whole game.  Hazard DIVED as he always does.  The stat is on the PL website he is once again head & shoulders clear of anyone for most fouled against. 

At half-time Liverpool had commited 3 fouls, according to the stats, 1 penalty and 2 yellow cards, ALL to Hazard.  Every time he went down, he SCREAMED on the floor.  What a disgusting individual he is.

Their goalie also caught the ball outside the box but obviously the ref has a blind spot despite the controversy giving a rubbish pen to the blues.

fulhamben

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 21, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Unfortunately I watched the whole game.  Hazard DIVED as he always does.  The stat is on the PL website he is once again head & shoulders clear of anyone for most fouled against. 

At half-time Liverpool had commited 3 fouls, according to the stats, 1 penalty and 2 yellow cards, ALL to Hazard.  Every time he went down, he SCREAMED on the floor.  What a disgusting individual he is.

Their goalie also caught the ball outside the box but obviously the ref has a blind spot despite the controversy giving a rubbish pen to the blues.

lol
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

I thought it was a stone wall penalty. he has a rep of supposedly going down easily (the faster you are the less impact it takes to knock you over in my opinion as the speed will accentuate), but last night it was a definite foul.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Referees, a hatred for Chelsea, their tactics and diving. Your posts are boring, repetitive and predictable.

Why not post more about how we have no tactics or how we have no chance of winning the Premier League in the foreseeable future instead of moaning constantly about on the whole doesn't effect us.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

snarks

That was a clear penalty for the foul on Hazard. I can't see how anyone can complain at that, even liverpools protests were very mild.

Anyone not seeing that as a penalty shouldn't take up refereeing anythime soon.

Forever Fulham

This season,the EPL has only one world class football team, and it's Chelsea.  I don't like everything Jose Mourinho does, such as the mind games and occasional digs at opposing managers.  But he has proven himself to be one of the very best managers in the game today.  Some clubs spend more than Chelsea (like ManU) but get so little in the way of results.  I begrudgingly give him the respect he's due.  I don't think Chelsea players are serial cheaters. 
However, they have a few who will embellish contact and go to ground too easily.  Part of the game.  Don't like it.  But it is what it is.  So few managers make game to game adjustments to the extent that Mourinho does.  He still strikes me as a self satisfied jerk, though.  One of those people I personally dislike but begrudgingly respect. 

shnlwswlkr

I think Mourinho is an absolutely class manager in every aspect of the game.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

mccscratch

Unfortunately I watched the whole game.  Hazard DIVED as he always does.  The stat is on the PL website he is once again head & shoulders clear of anyone for most fouled against.  

Hazard is fouled more than anyone else because he has quick feet in tight quarters and excellent explosion out of a quick change in direction... He has been doing this for years now... He gets fouled because he beats defenders all game long... they are called tactical/professional fouls and every single player is taught that tactic when dealing with a tricky wing player...

Your football knowledge seems limited despite your frequent wind-up posts...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

nose

Quote from: mccscratch on January 21, 2015, 04:30:31 PM

Hazard is fouled more than anyone else because he has quick feet in tight quarters and excellent explosion out of a quick change in direction... He has been doing this for years now... He gets fouled because he beats defenders all game long... they are called tactical/professional fouls and every single player is taught that tactic when dealing with a tricky wing player...

I think......
hazard dives an awful lot and would be evenm better if he stayed on his feet. He is also fouled alot for the reasons McScratch says.
IMO most modern players fall over when the wind changes so I tend to agree that he is hardly blameless, I rarely see him 'properly fouled' in a way that could be considered dmaging to his person even though he rolls about like he has been shot!

I think this whole issue of diving is dreadful and the authorities should just use viideo evidence to stop it.
Proper fouling and cuddling in the box and tripping and holding shirts is just as bad and can be eliminated the same way!

mccscratch

Quote from: nose on January 21, 2015, 04:39:26 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on January 21, 2015, 04:30:31 PM

I think......
hazard dives an awful lot and would be evenm better if he stayed on his feet. He is also fouled alot for the reasons McScratch says.
IMO most modern players fall over when the wind changes so I tend to agree that he is hardly blameless, I rarely see him 'properly fouled' in a way that could be considered dmaging to his person even though he rolls about like he has been shot!

I think this whole issue of diving is dreadful and the authorities should just use viideo evidence to stop it.
Proper fouling and cuddling in the box and tripping and holding shirts is just as bad and can be eliminated the same way!

Yes Nose... I agree... diving drives me absolutely bonkers... and Hazard absolutely embellishes his fouls and the extent to which he was fouled but he does get hacked an awful lot too.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise