watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last nights game the last for the forseeable future

Started by epsomraver, January 22, 2015, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Finally got exchange on house in Devon so off end of the month, will be very difficult then to come to games with 2 dogs moving  with us. Enjoyed the walk over the bridge from the boat houses, through the park and the first half of the game! quite sad walking back through the park and back over the bridge at the end thinking that it may well be the last time we will do it, real change after over 50 years for both of us but as they say life must go on and we are really looking forward to our new life together after marrying at the Cottage back in March. Soon Epsom raver will be no more, before the cheers ring out Devon Raver will be born!

f321ffc

076.gif to growing band of Westcountry Whites 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

leonffc

Well don't leave the board Epsom (Devon). I enjoy your posts.

Enjoy your new life down there, I'm sure it will be idyllic. And you'll be back for a game or two im sure.

mullers

I hope the move goes well for you. Since moving to Somerset there's little I miss about London [and I don't agree with the 'Tired of life' bit] but it's difficult when I think of how last night's game must have gone, imagining the last five minutes, and so on. Nights/Saturdays at the Cottage are the one thing that's irreplaceable for me - even Wembley in May will be second best!

Egham White

Epsom, on the plus side you're moving to a lovely part of the country. We had a couple of holidays in cottages down there last year. Dorset this year but still good
Wish you, your wife and dogs a happy retirement down there
As a Fulham fan you're never alone mate, we're all a family  082.gif
Everybody hurts sometime

epsomraver

Thanks for your good wishes we are going to Near Holsworthy North Devon Cornwall borders  if anyone is around that neck of the woods

PokerMatt

Good luck with the move sir and the new chapter.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Equalizer

Best of luck my friend! Getting out of London seems to be one of the best things I've ever done. I'm currently loving life up in Manchester!

All the best, and see you in the future!

Eq
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Berserker

Ah there's a wild lot of ravers in Devon
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

Having missed the last four home games,  I sort of know how you feel. I just hope you keep in touch through FoF and keep telling us how it is. Best wishes and you are moving to a lovely part of the world.

GrumpyWhite

Quote from: f321ffc on January 22, 2015, 09:47:32 AM
076.gif to growing band of Westcountry Whites 049:gif

West Country Whites rule - since moving to Cornwall 40 years ago have not looked back - makes my infrequent visits to CC all the better

hovewhite

a beautiful part of the world hope the move goes well.

Baszab

I will keep you informed with MOAN-FREE updates on our progress up the division

dannyboi-ffc

Really emotional post. At my age (26) I feel like Fulham will be there forever and it will, but like you say life goes on and There will come a time when we will all make our last visit to the beautiful cottage and say goodbye.

I'm sure you will be back to visit from time to time, it's just a shame you're moving a couple of weeks before my little drink up.  I would've loved to have met you coming from the same background and that.

I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you have a wonderful life in your new home.

When I first joined I didn't know how to take you and your blunt honest posts but getting to know you I've grown to really like you. Hence why I make up with you very quickly when we disagree.

You may have left the cottage but don't leave us too! Who else will insult people when they say the wrong thing?

Good luck epsom and family!

P.s keep the epsom- Devon raver hasn't got the same ring to it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Good luck, I love devon so am rather jealous.
Hope it works out well and I can never mention devon without thinking about cream tea and whether devon or cornish clotted cream is superior..... there is a difference and the locals are quite definite about which is best.
I do have a preference but am content to eat whichever's county's product i am in purely for research purposes.

Enjoy your new life.

Airfix

I know you'll miss the games, I know I would.  I know also that you will be back, can't keep a good fan down!

Keep on keepin' on and enjoy your new life together.

Berserker

I may have to move to Bristol in the next year or so, then I'll be a West Country White
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Berserker on January 22, 2015, 03:30:39 PM
I may have to move to Bristol in the next year or so, then I'll be a West Country White

I may well be doing the same for a permanent move once this project is finished. Bristol is my spiritual home, and probably part physical, because I swear I left part of my brain down the back of a sofa in St Andrews in 1997.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

grandad

My wife & I retired to Spain 7 years ago & the hardest thing is not being able to have my ST so I can see the lads for real. I manage to come over to see a couple of games a season so I hope you will be able to see a few.

Wish you all the best ER.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 22, 2015, 01:07:45 PM
Really emotional post. At my age (26) I feel like Fulham will be there forever and it will, but like you say life goes on and There will come a time when we will all make our last visit to the beautiful cottage and say goodbye.

I'm sure you will be back to visit from time to time, it's just a shame you're moving a couple of weeks before my little drink up.  I would've loved to have met you coming from the same background and that.

I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope you have a wonderful life in your new home.

When I first joined I didn't know how to take you and your blunt honest posts but getting to know you I've grown to really like you. Hence why I make up with you very quickly when we disagree.

You may have left the cottage but don't leave us too! Who else will insult people when they say the wrong thing?

Good luck epsom and family!

P.s keep the epsom- Devon raver hasn't got the same ring to it

Thanks Danny and to all for the good wishes, I have to put my hands up and admit I was wrong to slag Rodders off for being useless all night after seeing the replay on the box, he was only useless for the second half!