watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Positives!

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 24, 2015, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

There are not too many negatives from today's match. The only I can see is that we did not capitalize on the red card to Sunderland by winning the game.

Positives:

1) LVC played all 90 minutes and remained uninjured, allowing him to find his feet again before Blackburn.
2) Betinelli played fantastically as always, I never fear with him in goal.
3) our defense which is often suspect was able to go up to a Premier League side away from home and keep a clean sheet.
4) Tunnicliffe played a great game according to Gentleman Jim, can't wait to see him in the replay.
5) Our youngsters got some invaluable experience playing against Sunderland, and now get the chance to do it again back at Craven Fortress (it will return!).
6) The revenue we will make from the replay (especially since it should be televised).
7) Unbeaten in 4 and can keep the momentum going.

On to Blackburn!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Skatzoffc

Quote from: maoconnor on January 24, 2015, 05:08:42 PM
There are not too many negatives from today's match. The only I can see is that we did not capitalize on the red card to Sunderland by winning the game.

Positives:

1) LVC played all 90 minutes and remained uninjured, allowing him to find his feet again before Blackburn.
2) Betinelli played fantastically as always, I never fear with him in goal.
3) our defense which is often suspect was able to go up to a Premier League side away from home and keep a clean sheet.
4) Tunnicliffe played a great game according to Gentleman Jim, can't wait to see him in the replay.
5) Our youngsters got some invaluable experience playing against Sunderland, and now get the chance to do it again back at Craven Fortress (it will return!).
6) The revenue we will make from the replay (especially since it should be televised).
7) Unbeaten in 4 and can keep the momentum going.

On to Blackburn!

Agreed Ma.

Betts is outstanding for his age. He will be a top, top keeper at some point.
Sounds as if Tunni is getting better every game, (he was good mid-week imo).

Unbeaten run is good.
We can get another run going and also have 3 winnable games coming up. You could even say 4 out of 5 games potentially winnable, excluding Ipswich, (which will be tough), but is also at home.

A possible 9-12 points from 15 if we go for it.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

i think the replay is a negative, we could do without the extra games, I will take it as we are still in but we could have done without it
Every day is a Fulham day

PaulJ123

I don't mind the extra game if Williams/Roberts etc were given a game, need to rest Mccormack/LVC/Hutch or Bod

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on January 24, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
i think the replay is a negative, we could do without the extra games, I will take it as we are still in but we could have done without it

Yes we could have done without another winter mid week match but then :-

We came away from Sunderland undefeated

We go into the draw for the 5th round of the cup

We kept a clean sheet

Tunnicliffe , Kaca and Woodrow got some extra game time.

Those fans that made the long cold trip to Sunderland now have a game at the Cottage against premiership opponents to look forward to.

I feel much better than I would have done had we been thrashed.

hovewhite

a big positive is kit has found the man to be parkers long term replacement in ryan tunnicliffe which is great news.

kempkong

Got back from the match...(I live in the north east so this match was a great result for me)
Firstly the game was great especially for a 0-0. The fans were in good voice and overall the lads played brilliantly. We had a lull in the second half and after the red I thought we lost our structure a bit and let Sunderland into the game after them struggling to keep up with us. However he got it back and it was a very exciting last 10 minutes.
A few thoughts are; both sides staf and grimmer are not great in my opInion. Grimmer seemed to panic a bit in the ball but that  forgivable considering his age. Staf I was just a bit underwhelmed about.
Fofana and tunni were good in midfield. Ruiz brought some much needed calmness to the midfield but I saw nothing special to be honest. Moussa was excellent in the first half but then lost his way.

Overall we should have snatched it in the end I think we were the better team but it is such a young team that I can forgive pretty much anything. Even my Sunderland friends who were policing the match said in a few year we will be brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St Eve

The replay is a positive to me. More experience and experimentation for our youngsters

Apprentice to the Maestro

We didn't seem to suffer after the Wolves game and that had extra time.

Also, another positive: Parker and McCormack were rested.

Travers Barney

Cracking day spent with some top Fulham mates....alongside our lot Sunderland fans are just the best....always my favourite away....

Hutchinson gets better and better.

That lot up the road with no class got turned over.

coyw
We are the whites

Twig

Not sure I agree.  For a start it is only one extra game (not games plural) and the feel good factor of going away to a prem club must be great for such young players who need every confidence boost they can get.

One Martin Thomas

Plenty of positives to take from drawing away to a Premier League side.  I was most impressed with the age of that team.  What was the average age ?  Gotta be young.

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on January 25, 2015, 08:44:18 AM
Plenty of positives to take from drawing away to a Premier League side.  I was most impressed with the age of that team.  What was the average age ?  Gotta be young.
22 I think with nine players 24 or under in starting line-up