watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland fans

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 25, 2015, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Firstly I'd like to say how I thought the Fulham fans were brilliant yesterday, I'm loving the new LVC chant.

However on the other side, the Sunderland fans were absolutely disgraceful. They didn't sing a single chant and that is not even an exaggeration, not once during the whole 90 at all. The only time they made a bit of sound was to either clap, boo or to make complaining sounds. It's not like there wasn't many of them; they still had about 21,000 fans. Absolutely shocking, I think their fans should be ashamed.

Scrumpy

I can't deny what you say. They were very quiet and obviously not exactly 'sold' on Poyet as their Manager.

However, I have always found them to be a great bunch up there - very friendly and usually very vocal. They don't get the credit that Newcastle fans do, but I've usually found them to be better in most departments. The first time I visited the Stadium of Light, I could barely hear myself talk through most of the game, because the locals were so loud. It's sad how far they have fallen, and what the plastic Premiership can do to fans over the years.

However, I bet we have had numerous Orient, Charlton. Notts County, Swindon etc fans say exactly the same about us after their matches at The Cottage. When you're in The Premier League, the last thing you want is a Third or Fourth round tie against a lower league team. Their Manager did not seem to fancy it and their team were not much better. Why should their fans be any better?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

bog

I recall a game at the Cottage in the prem when they were having an awful season under MacCarthy with hardly any points and we won 2-1. The away area was full and they were deafening throughout. Never once did the noise abate.

092.gif

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 25, 2015, 07:54:42 PM
Firstly I'd like to say how I thought the Fulham fans were brilliant yesterday, I'm loving the new LVC chant.

However on the other side, the Sunderland fans were absolutely disgraceful. They didn't sing a single chant and that is not even an exaggeration, not once during the whole 90 at all. The only time they made a bit of sound was to either clap, boo or to make complaining sounds. It's not like there wasn't many of them; they still had about 21,000 fans. Absolutely shocking, I think their fans should be ashamed.

I
sat in the riverside and other than me having sing song to myself you could pretty much hear a pin drop

hovewhite

The PL the holy grail Im not sure it is,its overated in the fact teams in general down grade cup compiitions. To be fair poyet put out a strong team,but fans pick up there tempo from there team. As its down to the team to fuel supporters to give them something to sing to.
And as we know its easy to lose the spirit of any club and drop out of tne supposed pinnacle of football so take note sunderland.

Berserker

I can't deny I miss watching us play Premier League clubs, just watching first hand the skills of the world class players.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Black, White and Fred

Whats the new LVC chant? Can't say I have clearly heard it.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

Quote from: Berserker on January 25, 2015, 10:30:13 PM
I can't deny I miss watching us play Premier League clubs, just watching first hand the skills of the world class players.
Its a good debate to have, but i reckon i have seen more exciting games this season than the last three put together.

MJG

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 26, 2015, 01:22:33 AM

its to the tune of 'is this the way Amarillo' and ending with.......'Lasse Vigen Christensen' being sung

snarks

I first heard that at Cardiff away. A group of about 5 who had clearly lunched well, but not wisely, were trying to get the rest to sing it then, I think the fact that he wasn't even there because of his injury, dampened the enthusiasm to join in. 

Scrumpy

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on January 26, 2015, 01:22:33 AM

It's a good one. Sure to be heard at next home game.

jms

Still think mine's better........" L V C ..better than Wayne Rooney " -----------sung to the tune 'ABC' by the jackson 5 ....just saying
:yay:

Harold Shand

How many did we take up there ?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Harold Shand on January 28, 2015, 01:07:47 PM
How many did we take up there ?

700 tickets sold in advance plus maybe another 100 on the day. 700-800  049:gif

Berserker

I've now got 2 Sunderland fans following me on Twitter.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.