watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Magic of the Cup!

Started by Nick Bateman, January 26, 2015, 01:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Was refreshing to see some early 'shocks' in the 4th round with both Chelsea & Man.City beaten at home by lower league opposition.  Fulham's result in the northern hinterlands was not to be sniffed at but could so easily been more had we played our first team at the off.  Against 10-men we may not get a better chance and I recall last year's replay with Sheffield Utd where we lost at home after squandering the numerical advantage.

Sunderland may be more motivated after seeing what the draw for the next round will be to the victor's and field a stronger side, and Craven Cottage is no longer the fortress it once was (a few seasons ago).  But we didn't lose (yet) so must be satisfied with the job Symons has done in the Cup so far.

A few more of the 'big' names exiting may even encourage some to believe Fulham actually can win it!  Was hoping Arsenal would slip but PL rookie ref Michael Oliver was giving them so many free-kicks he never allowed the smaller club to get at them, in the manner Bradford were (Oliver booked 4 Brighton to Arsenal's 0).

But the PL league aspirants have both  gone and known good cup side Spurs and high flying Southampton also bit the dust, so Fulham have every hope of progressing further.

049:gif
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2015, 02:17:06 PM
If we get past Sunderland. I would have chosen either Chelsea or Manchester City away in the 5th Round. But as they have both been dispatched into the history books in no uncertain terms, I will go with my Third Choice which is home to Cambridge United.

As it turned out, we would have got Chelsea away but instead it's Bradford City.  Perhaps Fulham's name IS on the cup....
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

The Rock

We are 7-2-3 in all comps last 12 matches at home. That's not bad. I am excited about the Cup as well, and though life outside of the Top tier is difficult to bear, it's nice to potentially be a giant killer rather than getting beat by Sheffield Utd or "The Gas" on a Tuesday night somewhere in the sleet and snow where the sheep live.

davew

A lot of ifs, but well maybe!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

nose

the old cliche, take one game at a time springs to mind. Let's worry about sunderland after we have spanked blackburn