watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Out Of The Running As Shortlist Drops From 20 To 3

Started by White Noise, July 08, 2010, 04:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/07/08/mark-hughes-misses-out-on-fulham-job-82029-26812476/

Mark Hughes misses out on Fulham job

Jul 8 2010 By Jacob Murtagh

MARK Hughes has been ruled out of the running to become the new Fulham boss.

Bookies once had Sparky as one of the favourites to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, but the former Manchester City manager has not made it on to the club's three-man shortlist.

Cardiff chief Dave Jones and former Whites playing legend Lee Clark, who is the 6/4 favourite on one set of odds, also miss out, along with a string of big names that was 20-strong and rising at the last count.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: White Noise on July 08, 2010, 04:02:31 PM

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/07/08/mark-hughes-misses-out-on-fulham-job-82029-26812476/

Mark Hughes misses out on Fulham job

Jul 8 2010 By Jacob Murtagh

MARK Hughes has been ruled out of the running to become the new Fulham boss.

Bookies once had Sparky as one of the favourites to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage, but the former Manchester City manager has not made it on to the club's three-man shortlist.

Cardiff chief Dave Jones and former Whites playing legend Lee Clark, who is the 6/4 favourite on one set of odds, also miss out, along with a string of big names that was 20-strong and rising at the last count.

Hopefully it's bollox, although I'm almost certain it will be Sven who will be announced. Would love it to be Sparky though

epsomraver

Of course the Fulham chronicle would know all this when the nationals guess away

White Noise

Yeah I was hoping for Sparky but this job has got Svennis written all over it.

He is still a manager at Europe's top table, he achieved much of his early success following the Hodgson model in Sweden, he has very good contacts around the world, he is well respected by most of the players who have served under him and he won't say no to MAF's little blue pills and sheeps testicles. Oh and we are doing pre-season in Sweden (nothing hastily arranged about that!!).

White Noise

So, just playing along with the idea that this may be true, who are the three on the shortlist?

Sven, Bilic and ?????????????

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/07/08/sven-goran-eriksson-closes-in-on-fulham-job-82029-26813670/

Sven-Goran Eriksson closes in on Fulham job

Jul 8 2010 By Paul Warburton

SVEN-GORAN Eriksson has moved into pole position in the race to become Fulham's new manager.

Chronicle sport has learned the former England boss has gone down well with chairman Mohamed Al Fayed as a replacement for Roy Hodgson – and could be installed in time to see his new side play Brentford at Griffin Park in the first pre-season friendly on Wednesday night.

However, Fulham's board are still pondering a shortlist that's down to three this morning – one of whom is Alan Curbishley, even though he strangely distanced himself from the job in comments made on Wednesday.

On top of which, the former Charlton and West Ham manager does not have the same relationship with Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh as Eriksson does.

Both were together at a revived Manchester City until first the Swede followed by Mackintosh, departed at the whim of then City owner Thaksin Shinawatra in the summer of 2008.

Fulham have already ruled out former Manchester City boss, Mark Hughes, Dave Jones at Cardiff, and former Whites playing legend Lee Clark, who is the 6/4 favourite on one set of odds, along with a string of big names that was 20-strong and rising at the last count.

But Eriksson comes with an international CV most of the rest can only dream of – and a list of contacts like Hodgson's that brought bargains such as defender Brede Hangeland to Craven Cottage.

By pure coincidence, Fulham go on pre-season tour to Sweden following the game at Bournemouth on July 17 – and the Whites are particularly keen to have someone in place by then.

An insider said: "It's getting pretty close to the end of the selection process."

Lighthouse

An insider said: "It's getting pretty close to the end of the selection process."

BLOOD AND SAND. THE AMERICAN ELECTIONS TAKE LESS TIME THAN FULHAM DO.

I cannot believe Curbs is one of the three with all the dislike aimed at him from within the squad. Sven and Billic as the favs? Well we will see. Whoever it is, by the time he looks at the squad has an idea what he wants, the transfer period will be over and we would have lost a few players anyway. God in heaven Fulham, how long on Gods green Erth does it take. From weeks before the World Cup you have known we need a new manager. Now the World Cup would have come and gone and we are down to a bloke Big Al knows and likes and a Money chaser. Whoopie do.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 08, 2010, 04:23:23 PM

I cannot believe Curbs is one of the three with all the dislike aimed at him from within the squad. Sven and Billic as the favs? Well we will see. Whoever it is, by the time he looks at the squad has an idea what he wants, the transfer period will be over and we would have lost a few players anyway. God in heaven Fulham, how long on Gods green Erth does it take. From weeks before the World Cup you have known we need a new manager. Now the World Cup would have come and gone and we are down to a bloke Big Al knows and likes and a Money chaser. Whoopie do.

But can we count any better?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

Walburton told us last time from an "insider" that John Collins and Tigana were going to be rolled out as manager and coach, no one but no one ever mentioned Hub caps Hodgson and I bet that is what will happen this time, some one out of the blue, however what do I know I thought RHH going to scouse ville was paper talk!

AlFayedsChequebook

For all this chat about Fulham taking too long and the transfer window rapidly closing, where has all of the other transfer activity been? I am pretty sure everyone is waiting till the end of the WC for the majority of the business.

Lighthouse

You are right of coarse Mr ChequeBook. Frustration and the thought that it will be a few weeks for our new manager to size up his squad maybe, is just wearing a bit thin now. But little is going on at the moment and who knows if we would be doing anything more with a manager. But it is frustrating.

Then we have Finns problem to think of. Will we have a few shards left hanging?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

According to my infamous friend, Mr Hughes was never in the running.

Jimbobob

:54: :55: :54:
You are correct sir. God it is death by a thousand cuts......the only thing worse than the waiting is if they pick some loser manager. God I am hoping for the best but let's get on with it please???
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

FatFreddysCat

It's looking more and more like Sven, but for the life of me i can't understand why. is there a youtube clip of him getting caught out by the fake Sheik on the yaught when he was going to dump England and become villa manager and sign Beckham? That was class, a job for Mr WhiteNoise perhaps.Please God i'd almost prefer Sanchez back than john Terrys dad.

NogoodBoyo

In any walk of life it takes many months to recruit, negotiate with and hire a top class executive.  A month is a very short time.  We just have to suck it up before it spits us out.
Nogood "what I know about management could be written on the inside flap of a match-box, like" Boyo
P.S.  I am very unBlingo-like regarding the future of FFC

Rupert

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 08, 2010, 07:33:19 PM
It's looking more and more like Sven, but for the life of me i can't understand why. is there a youtube clip of him getting caught out by the fake Sheik on the yaught when he was going to dump England and become villa manager and sign Beckham? That was class, a job for Mr WhiteNoise perhaps.Please God i'd almost prefer Sanchez back than john Terrys dad.

I suppose, assuming it does turn out to be Sven, that he does seem to do reasonably well at club level, which would be enough to keep us happy. A couple of (non-FFC) friends of mine said that he could do a job for us. I admit I am not wildly optimistic about Fulham under Sven, but as with anyone else, I'll turn up, hope for the best and cheer the lads on.

At least we aren't expecting our new gaffer to get us into the Chumpions League next season.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ScalleysDad

Love it. "Turn up and hope for the best" The office is full of followers of the big four and they are already bitching about who is going to spend the most, the chumps league and booking tickets for numerous finals. Oivey !!
We need some T shirts Rupert and "Turn up and hope for the best" in latin........ It is going to be one of those seasons I'm certain of it.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ScalleysDad on July 08, 2010, 09:08:43 PM
Love it. "Turn up and hope for the best" The office is full of followers of the big four and they are already bitching about who is going to spend the most, the chumps league and booking tickets for numerous finals. Oivey !!
We need some T shirts Rupert and "Turn up and hope for the best" in latin........ It is going to be one of those seasons I'm certain of it.
Will caecillious get a mention?

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 08, 2010, 07:33:19 PM

Here you go Fred -

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/sven-to-quit-after-world-cup/tyWcJXgztyWaMOGe