watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Grimsby..1983

Started by Mince n Tatties, January 28, 2015, 06:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

We Were the game on Big Match Revisited this morning, fantastic to see again.
We played some good stuff that day, I even caught a glimpse of myself and friend in the
Hammersmith End (dufflecoat and all, even had hair)...
4-0..Rob Wilson 2
Ray Lewington
And a cracker from Ivor.... 049:gif  049:gif. 049:gif

malc

Watching it on ITV4+1 now. Look at the state of that pitch! I'd almost forgotten what a combative little player Robert Wilson was.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: malc on January 28, 2015, 07:14:47 AM
Watching it on ITV4+1 now. Look at the state of that pitch! I'd almost forgotten what a combative little player Robert Wilson was.

Good little player he was.....

Scrumpy

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2015, 07:45:18 AM
Quote from: malc on January 28, 2015, 07:14:47 AM

Good little player he was.....

I follow him on twitter, because he was a real hero of mine when I was a kid. He is involved with Brighouse Town FC, but most of his family are still Fulham nuts.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Burt

I remember that one... I would be standing just behind the goal in the Hammersmith End.

Also remember a road-trip to theirs with Brother Burt, we won 4-3, for the life of me I can't remember the year.

bog

I met Robert Wilson after the last game at the Cottage before we decamped to the Loft whilst refurbishment took place. There had been the parade of former players. After I 'bumped' into him and his wife walking down the Fulham Palace Road. A really nice bloke as was his wife. Took photos. Both he and his wife nearly died in a poisonous boiler incident years earlier. A really underated player who was an exceptional header of the ball. What midfield 4 he was part of.  049:gif

092.gif       

BestOfBrede

"A really nice bloke as was his wife"
  :005:

Lighthouse

Yes a great favourite and I was at the game. Remember well the awful accident he and his wife suffered with the gas poisoning. On his return he came on as a sub, a few away fans started to sing 'that's the beauty of gas'. It may have disgusted me but I remember it spurred Rob Wilson on to have a great game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chesh

Quote from: Burt on January 28, 2015, 09:06:23 AM
I remember that one... I would be standing just behind the goal in the Hammersmith End.

Also remember a road-trip to theirs with Brother Burt, we won 4-3, for the life of me I can't remember the year.

You must be thinking about the 4-2 win there in November 1984 (looked it up because couldn't remember exact date), which I was also at.

I have a strange recollection of Leroy scoring all 4 goals that day (?!?), and we were put in the corner of the usual home end that day for some reason (again, iirc!).
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Harold Shand

Quote from: Chesh on January 28, 2015, 02:23:35 PM

You must be thinking about the 4-2 win there in November 1984 (looked it up because couldn't remember exact date), which I was also at.

I have a strange recollection of Leroy scoring all 4 goals that day (?!?), and we were put in the corner of the usual home end that day for some reason (again, iirc!).

Yeah, we were 2 nil down after about 10 minutes but we came back to win 4-2. Leroy scoring all four.

That was the away end though (at least it always has been on my 3 trips to Grimsby).

Chesh

Quote from: Harold Shand on January 28, 2015, 02:30:17 PM

Yeah, we were 2 nil down after about 10 minutes but we came back to win 4-2. Leroy scoring all four.

That was the away end though (at least it always has been on my 3 trips to Grimsby).

Dunno why I think i recall the away end being different that year - must be the memory playing tricks again.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Burt

Quote from: Chesh on January 28, 2015, 06:35:04 PM
Quote from: Harold Shand on January 28, 2015, 02:30:17 PM

Dunno why I think i recall the away end being different that year - must be the memory playing tricks again.

Not as bad as my memory... At least you got the score right  :dft011:

HillingdonFFC

Rosenior got a hatrick that day up at Grimsby , think Robert Wilson or Ray Lew got the other?