watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR ... Arthur Robinson's Funeral today

Started by Fulham Tup North, January 30, 2015, 08:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:dft004:  Today is my Dad's Funeral.  Although he had not been to the Cottage for quite a few years, he never stopped loving 'His Fulham'.
He started going in the early 50's and because of his love for this wonderful club, he created two more generations of supporters, with both myself and now my lad following suit.
I will wear my Black and Red Fulham tie today in his honour. (The one with the old crest on it).
Chin up.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Delboy

Good luck for the day, hope it all goes well and your Dad is welcomed into that great Craven Cottage in the sky.

bog

Your Dad must have started going to the Cottage the same time as me. We would have the same memories to talk about. Stevens, Robson, Jezzard, Haynes, Mitten for one. Hope the day goes well. RIP Arthur

092.gif   

Airfix

RIP Arthur, never met you (to my knowledge) but you were a white, so fine by me!

Hope the day goes as well as can be expected, sorry for your loss.

:group hug:

Lighthouse

All the best today. My Dad passed many years ago and we managed to get Fulham mentioned at the service. The young lady doing the service added, 'clearly he suffered in life' after mentioning Fulham. Unscripted remark I might add.

Think of the good times and hope all goes as well as you hope.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

brightster

LBNo11

...my commiserations for your loss, I can understand your sadness. My father's funeral was exactly 35 years ago, and sometimes when I am at the Cottage I remember him, even after all this time. RIP Arthur...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

RaySmith

Very sorry to hear of your loss -hope everything went well today.

Commiserations  to you and your family.

ScalleysDad

Indeed I hope all went well today and our condolences.

dannyboi-ffc

RIP Arthur.

It sounds like you've done a great job passing on the Fulham tradition, just like my Grandad did for me and many other great men have done down the years. I wish you eternal peace and make sure you are with us at the cottage for every home game.

Just want to say what a fine bloke your son has turned out to be. Tup's is a great guy and you should be very proud. I'm sure you know that already.

God bless fellow Fulham fan
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Scrumpy

I hope it went well, and R.I.P. Arthur Robinson.

I always found that things got slightly easier once the funeral was out the way. Hope this is the case for you too.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

Rest in peace Arthur.
Sincere condolences to you and your family Fulham.

I saw my first match around the same time as your Dad and there is not a home game when I don't think of my Dad and Brother who gave me my massive passion for Fulham FC. That's what your Dad did for you.
God bless Arthur
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2015, 10:35:23 AM
All the best today. My Dad passed many years ago and we managed to get Fulham mentioned at the service. The young lady doing the service added, 'clearly he suffered in life' after mentioning Fulham. Unscripted remark I might add.

Think of the good times and hope all goes as well as you hope.

Love this post!  Dad died in 2003 and we too spoke about the fact he was a lifelong Fulham supporter at his funeral but forgot to mention the suffering it entailed throughout the years!
Hope yesterday went as well as these things can Fulham Tup North.

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  Many thanks to everyone for all your kind words.
A fitting tribute would be a great result today.
RIP & COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

domprague

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's good that you clearly had a strong and loving relationship with your Dad. All the best to your family.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

filham

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Your dad lived through the same Fulham times as myself, you can rest assured that he has some great memories and may now be watching , in heaven, that greatest ever attacking force of Haynes Jezzard and Robson.

Twig

Sorry to be a little late but please also accept my condolences, as others have said a fitting tribute would be a good result.