watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesdays replay

Started by Egham White, January 30, 2015, 02:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egham White

So to Tuesdays replay. It's going to be cold, very cold with the wind chill factor taking it to -4 by the end of 90 minutes, never mind extra time
Then there's the risk of extra time, penalties etc
I then have to get back to Marylebone to pick the car up followed by a drive of at least 45 minutes to get home.
Then I get up at 3.45 am for work
So, allowing for worst case scenario I should be home by about 12.30-1am with a maximum of 3 hours sleep
Now,I'm asking myself, should I go to the match or should I stay at home ? For better or worse the little devil whispering go to the game is winning the battle. Hope it's worth it 049:gif
Everybody hurts sometime

Tomo

Quick question, if you come from Egham can't you get the train directly to Putney to and from the game to save a massive diversion? I'm sure i've been on a train which goes past Egham when coming from Woking to Putney?
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Egham White

and have a Bovril  :yay:
Everybody hurts sometime

Egham White

Quote from: Tomo on January 30, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
Quick question, if you come from Egham can't you get the train directly to Putney to and from the game to save a massive diversion? I'm sure i've been on a train which goes past Egham when coming from Woking to Putney?
Normally I could Tomo but I work in Marylebone until 6 and don't fancy trying the rush hour traffic and finding parking round the ground. Plus I have to use the car for work as I start at 5.30 am so too early for public transport
Everybody hurts sometime

Andy S

I've moved as a one off to the riverside stand. I can then see the game from a different perspective. I hope it is lucky

Tomo

Quote from: Egham White on January 30, 2015, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: Tomo on January 30, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
Normally I could Tomo but I work in Marylebone until 6 and don't fancy trying the rush hour traffic and finding parking round the ground. Plus I have to use the car for work as I start at 5.30 am so too early for public transport

Always the way, make sure you pack a flask of bovril and your long johns! Good luck mate
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Egham White

Ticket bought for the JH so no going back now !
Everybody hurts sometime

snarks

I can't go to this, that will be 4 home games in a row, I won't make.

I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms.

Egham White

Better than the flu symptoms I'll get :005:
Everybody hurts sometime

Apprentice to the Maestro

What job requires you to work from 5.30 a.m. To 6.00 p.m.? You are working excessive hours and not getting enough sleep if that is what you do regularly.

Egham White

Security/reception. My hours are 6-6 but depending on green traffic lights I get in 5.30-5.40 . It's only 60 hours a week so part time for a Yorkshireman really :005:
Everybody hurts sometime

win-dup

Quote from: Andy S on January 30, 2015, 03:00:06 PM
I've moved as a one off to the riverside stand. I can then see the game from a different perspective. I hope it is lucky

was there for the Wolves game as took a friend and the Riverside feels very very cold compared to my usual JH seat. Probably psychological due to the comparative openness, but it's good to watch a game there even though it feels strange compared to your normal seat.

Twig

Go and enjoy a win against a prem side.  Then we face Bradford and if we win that, just think about it - you will have been there when we kicked off a run to the final!

andyk

Quote from: Egham White on January 30, 2015, 04:00:57 PM
Security/reception. My hours are 6-6 but depending on green traffic lights I get in 5.30-5.40 . It's only 60 hours a week so part time for a Yorkshireman really :005:

60 hours a week? Luxury!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

SP

Quote from: Andy S on January 30, 2015, 03:00:06 PM

Welcome to the Riverside, decent views & clean toilets!  As there'll be a small crowd you should be able to move closer to the centre & up to the elevated section at kick-off.  This panoramic view is by far the best in the ground.  Enjoy.

filham

But look the prize could be a trip to an even colder , snow covered Bradford on a Sunday.