more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fotheringham released

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 30, 2015, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2015, 11:57:50 PM
Sorry but his stupid remarks takes any sympathy anybody can have with him. He says he is glad he left as given no game time and an honour to play for a World Class Manager in Felix.

Had he just said sorry it didn't work out then that would be fine.

It was an insult to Fulham that an insult for a manager should have signed him in the first place. An embarrassment that said much for what that manager did to us.

On the other hand, you wouldn't expect him to heap abuse on Magath now he has been released, after all, Magath hired him once, and we were daft enough to employ Magath in the first place.......so if another big-name European club is dumb enough to hire that dreadful manager, perhaps Fotheringham's phone would ring again....?

Never burn bridges  !!

Lighthouse

Quote from: ron on January 31, 2015, 11:22:06 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2015, 11:57:50 PM
Sorry but his stupid remarks takes any sympathy anybody can have with him. He says he is glad he left as given no game time and an honour to play for a World Class Manager in Felix.

Had he just said sorry it didn't work out then that would be fine.

It was an insult to Fulham that an insult for a manager should have signed him in the first place. An embarrassment that said much for what that manager did to us.

On the other hand, you wouldn't expect him to heap abuse on Magath now he has been released, after all, Magath hired him once, and we were daft enough to employ Magath in the first place.......so if another big-name European club is dumb enough to hire that dreadful manager, perhaps Fotheringham's phone would ring again....?

Never burn bridges  !!

There is a subtle difference between burning bridges and calling a bridge that is falling into disrepair 'A world class bridge'. Although calling Magath a pontifex is close to what we want to call him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Good news for both player and club surely.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Admin on January 30, 2015, 06:24:40 PM
Wasn't his fault that he ended up at Fulham, it was the Club and Magath's decision to hire the journeyman, which was very bad business. I said all along that he, along with players like Kilraly, should have never been allowed anywhere near FFC. However, Fotheringham never caused a fuss, never complain, never hit out and done a job when asked. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

Hear Hear.

He wasn't good enough, and that's all he did wrong. Good luck to him in the future.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ron

I have to say that after looking at his CV, if I had been a manager looking for a squad player at the time I would have wondered why he has never really had a long contract with any club which has worked out well. Alarm bells would have been ringing long before I got a contract and pen out.

but hey ho, what did you expect with short-sighted old Mr. Magoo?

J.Perkins

I've been on Facebook, and seen his page, and there is no indication of those comments. Can some one link the actual post, not an image?

Twig

Quote from: Chutney on January 30, 2015, 07:31:00 PM
Awful awful player, should never of signed.

Awful grammar.  "Should never have signed".  Why shouldn't he have signed by the way?  It was a great opportunity for him so I am sure he grabbed it with both hands and who can blame him?

Jamie88