https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fotheringham released

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, January 30, 2015, 05:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

dannyboi-ffc

Sensible decision.

3 more to go now............. and who would you guess they are???

I also don't want to make fun of this decision because unfortunately I think it's best for everyone.  So thank you to Mark for his efforts in the few games he played. He wasn't the best but he was never unprofessional and it wasn't his fault he wasn't quite good enough. It was the club's decision to sign him.

Good luck in the future
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

f321ffc

093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif OH NO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif

I KNOW
  082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Berserker

Probably for the best
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

brightster

Does that mean we need someone to be Billy now!

Admin

Wasn't his fault that he ended up at Fulham, it was the Club and Magath's decision to hire the journeyman, which was very bad business. I said all along that he, along with players like Kilraly, should have never been allowed anywhere near FFC. However, Fotheringham never caused a fuss, never complain, never hit out and done a job when asked. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

JackyFulham90

Just not good enough for the Championship or Fulham. Good luck to him though seems a decent pro

David Allen Crankshaw

I hope he is successful in finding another club.

cmg

So another little saga is concluded.
Personally I found much of the reaction to this player surprising, distasteful and rather pathetic. A timeworn and unspectacular journeyman, an odd signing by the oddest of managers, Fotheringham made a couple of partial appearances in the league (both lost) and a few minutes of the LCup win at Brentford. He wasn't much cop in either league appearance, but, at a time when most of our players were pretty clueless, he wasn't outstandingly awful. And yet some reacted to him as if he was an evil bubonic plague carrier, whose very presence in the club was corrupting its lifeblood and inhibiting any possible progress.

Well, OK. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine (that he was an ordinary player, doing the best he could which was not really good enough for what we wanted) won't weigh very heavily in the balance of opinion.
One thought, though. for those baying for some signing because the window is open. This is just the sort of player that is most readily available at this time.

RaySmith

Good luck to him-he always did a professional job in a poorly performing team when called upon.

..Kya.ffc..

Glad to see him go, but good luck to him in the further, he was professional while he was here. After all it was not his decision to sign him in the first place.  
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on January 30, 2015, 06:37:24 PM
So another little saga is concluded.
Personally I found much of the reaction to this player surprising, distasteful and rather pathetic. A timeworn and unspectacular journeyman, an odd signing by the oddest of managers, Fotheringham made a couple of partial appearances in the league (both lost) and a few minutes of the LCup win at Brentford. He wasn't much cop in either league appearance, but, at a time when most of our players were pretty clueless, he wasn't outstandingly awful. And yet some reacted to him as if he was an evil bubonic plague carrier, whose very presence in the club was corrupting its lifeblood and inhibiting any possible progress.

Well, OK. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine (that he was an ordinary player, doing the best he could which was not really good enough for what we wanted) won't weigh very heavily in the balance of opinion.
One thought, though. for those baying for some signing because the window is open. This is just the sort of player that is most readily available at this time.

Correct.........If some had their way he would have been tarred n feathered
as well...Utter nonsense been spoken about him, good luck Mark.

ToodlesMcToot

Thanks to him for representing Fulham when asked and behaving professionally. Hopefully he finds a place to play regularly.

Happy to free up the wages.

Can Fazlic be far behind? Has he ever stepped on the field with the 1st team?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

kiwiwaka

Guess he'll end up at Rangers if Magath takes over?

Chutney

Awful awful player, should never of signed.
C O Y W

PaulJ123

Terrible signing but as people have said, not his fault. Just never cut out for this league at this time in his career

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chutney on January 30, 2015, 07:31:00 PM
Awful awful player, should never of signed.

Why shouldnt he have signed, wouldnt you if you were a pro player
and Fulham came along and offered you  whatever he was on a week to sign.
Its his job, family to keep, mortgage to pay and so on.
Of Course you would jump at the chance...

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on January 30, 2015, 06:24:40 PM
Wasn't his fault that he ended up at Fulham, it was the Club and Magath's decision to hire the journeyman, which was very bad business. I said all along that he, along with players like Kilraly, should have never been allowed anywhere near FFC. However, Fotheringham never caused a fuss, never complain, never hit out and done a job when asked. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.
0001.jpeg
Totally agree.
Good luck Mark.

Jem

Quote from: f321ffc on January 30, 2015, 05:59:39 PM
093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif 093.gif OH NO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif 090.gif

I KNOW
   082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif 082.gif
Harsh
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Northern Cottager

To be fair to him, he never did anything against the club, seemed a decent fella but was not good enough for this level or to move us forward. Odd signing at best But of course all the best.