Started by shnlwswlkr, February 03, 2015, 02:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It's a typo.
The press release said  
"He's leaving because he feels that he's no longer wanted and not kneeded
in the current operation"

His Chairman allegedly said
"I would like to thank Jamie for her distinguished career...........sorry, Harold for his long and rewarding time with our great club.
He will be sadly missed around the place especially in the purchasing department"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Berserker

To be fair he did stay eith them while they were relegated
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Burt

From the BBC:

Harry Redknapp: QPR manager resigns because of knee operation

Harry Redknapp has quit as QPR manager, saying imminent knee replacement surgery will stop him doing his job.

The 67-year-old has left the Loftus Road club second bottom of the Premier League with 19 points from 23 games.

"Sadly, I need immediate surgery on my knee," Redknapp said. "If I can't give 100%, I feel it's better for someone else to take over the reins."

Head of football operations Les Ferdinand and academy coach Chris Ramsey will take temporary charge.

Redknapp led QPR to promotion to the Premier League last season via the Championship playoffs. There were reports he was one game from the sack before the 2-0 defeat by Manchester United on 17 January. Afterwards, Redknapp blamed an "insider" for attempting to destabilise the club, while QPR chairman Tony Fernandes issued a statement on 19 January saying Redknapp would stay as manager.

"I have had such a fantastic time at QPR," said Redknapp, who took over at Loftus Road in November 2012.

"I would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters who have been absolutely fantastic to me since I arrived at the club for their tremendous support.

"My relationship with chairman Tony Fernandes has been one of the highlights of my footballing career and I wish the club every success.

"I am confident they will survive in the Premier League this year."

Redknapp informed Fernandes of his decision on Tuesday, with QPR's board accepting his resignation.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Harry for everything he has done for QPR during his time in charge," Fernandes said.

"We part on good terms and I would personally like to wish him all the best for the future."

Burt

Bugger... Never thought my 15,000th post would be about QPR  :dft011:

snarks

Can he drive up with a buggered knee, its a 4 -5 hour round trip from poole. If he's stuck without being able to get there for 4 weeks, I can see why.

Having read his autobiography and seen the press about his time there, he rates it as quite poisonous and I doubt it's got better.

The question is Glenn Hoddle or Tim Sherwood

Buffalo76

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 03, 2015, 04:02:10 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 03, 2015, 03:57:33 PM
He can't do it because of a KNEE OPERATION?!?!?! I fail to see how that effects a managers job

Funny how there was no mention of that yesterday. Time for him to retire now. I'm sick of his face being everywhere.

I pick up the paper and there he is
I turn on sky sports news and there he is
I sit through the adverts and on comes the 666.com betting advert and what do ya know THERE HE IS!!!!

I think football needs a break from twitchy, or at least I do

0001.jpeg :plus one:

Buffalo76

Ray Wilkins was on 5Live earlier what a well run club they are. How many millions are they in debt again Raymond??? 1500.gif

Craven Mad

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on February 03, 2015, 03:23:04 PM
He has quit because the January window has closed and he obviously can't see the squad he has staying up so doesn't want his 'reputation' tarnished. What a joke, if it was anyone but QPR I would feel bad for them.

Exactly.

He got in a strop because he's not been given even more money to fritter on has-beens.

Their squad isn't good enough to stay up and - following last year's flouting of FFP - they'll be in for trouble if [or more accurately, "when"] they get relegated: £40m fine or Conference football..

Harry doesn't want the bother of being linked to another "Pompey"-sized, club meltdown.

The least he could've done is admit his shortcomings this season and fall on his sword honourably, rather than coming up with some pathetic "sick note" excuse.

He's an utter disgrace.

f321ffc

Harry denied the reason for his leaving was anything to do with the fact that transfer funds (brown envelopes} were not available.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Craven Mad

Quote from: f321ffc on February 03, 2015, 05:02:31 PM
Harry denied the reason for his leaving was anything to do with the fact that transfer funds (brown envelopes} were not available.

So he decides the morning after the window closes that his operation will get in the way of work??

Nonsense.

Had he got Adebayor and Lennon, he'd still be their manager. Things didn't go his way, he's knows he can't save them, he wants to wash his hands of the mess.

f321ffc

Just seen the HAHA`S remaining fixtures  no wonder Harry jumped or should i say limped , i have been generous and allowed for new manager syndrome and can only see them getting another 12 points giving them 31 and going down, hope brentford stay down and  roll on next season and some proper west London derbys.

Southampton (Home) 1
Sunderland (Away)    1
Hull (Away)              3
Tottenham (Home)     0
Arsenal (Home)         0
Palace (Away)           0
Everton (Home)         1
WBA (Away)              1  
Chelsea (Home)         0
Villa (Away)              1
West Ham (Home)     0
Liverpool (Away)       0
City (Away)              0
Newcastle (Home)     3
Leicester (Away)       1

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mokes

interesting that even with Hoddle on their books they didn't put him as care taker. He must have no interest in getting back into management.

Mince n Tatties

Tim Sherwood hot fav 1/4 on...Any price the rest.

BestOfBrede

He was told that there would be no further cheques paid into a Jersey account to his dog!

cookieg

Poor 'arry was due to watch us tonight but feels he couldn't walk around the ground to his seat.....ahh bless him  :012:

HatterDon

did his wife read the separation letter to him?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

He can't do it because of a KNEE OPERATION?!?!?! I fail to see how that effects a managers job

If Arsene Wenger tried the same excuse, he would claim it was a genouine reason.......

Ah well, it needs a bit of work, but it may be funny in the end......

Nero

wonder if they where top 10 his knee would have got in the way, would sherwood go? I know he knows Ferdinand but he was Les' boss this would be the other way round, put a £1 on Colin he'll probably end back there as no one else will want it

sunburywhite

Quote from: ron on February 03, 2015, 06:54:16 PM

If Arsene Wenger tried the same excuse, he would claim it was a genouine reason.......

Ah well, it needs a bit of work, but it may be funny in the end......

Wenger would not have seen it if it was an Arsenal knee

If it was an opposition knee he would have claimed he was roobbed
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me