Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 03, 2015, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ollienixs on February 03, 2015, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 03, 2015, 11:03:52 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on February 03, 2015, 10:56:31 PM
Both staff and grimmer are out of there depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats strange about Grimmer who Radio5 extra gave MOM..

Well from where I was sat he didn't have the making of a mom as first have he had his pants pulled down multiple times, however in fairness he had no cover but still let the overlap happen on him time and time again

Phil Brown said he was up against Argentina winger who played in
World Cup, and played him really good for a young lad.

DevonFFC

As I said, you get done once, fair enough, twice you learn 3,4,5,6 + times you don't allow him to go again. I didn't realise there left back van arnolt was a World Cup winger as he was also skinning him time and time again. I don't know who was playing right side of mid but he deserves a dressing down for leaving his right back exposed time and time again

Admin

Let's all please try and respect each other's opinions here and keep things civil. Kit in, kit out, or even kit off. Don't think anyone will be leading a merry band any time soon, so let's keep our drums and trumpets to ourselves  :drums:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2015, 11:02:43 PM
Don't forget to sing Kit out on Saturday and bring your banners if you all feel like that.

??? Sorry you've lost me. If I feel like what exactly? Maybe I should bring a banner saying I disagree with MJG. I like kit but to tonight was his fault and only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. Mistakes like bettinelli ' s will happen from time to time but rather than wait for their pressure to false that mistake he should have brought on lvc a lot earlier.

Hopefully he learns and learns quickly as I'm not convinced he has as much time as you suggest he needs. Things change very quickly in football, just ask Nigel Adkins.  
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on February 03, 2015, 11:14:21 PM
Let's all please try and respect each other's opinions here and keep things civil. Kit in, kit out, or even kit off. Don't think anyone will be leading a merry band any time soon, so let's keep our Duma and trumpets to ourselves
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 03, 2015, 11:16:45 PM
Don't forget to sing Kit out on Saturday and bring your banners if you all feel like that.

??? Sorry you've lost me. If I feel like what exactly? Maybe I should bring a banner saying I disagree with MJG. I like kit but to tonight was his fault and only a fool wouldn't be able to see that. Mistakes like bettinelli ' s will happen from time to time but rather than wait for their pressure to false that mistake he should have brought on lvc a lot earlier.

Hopefully he learns and learns quickly as I'm not convinced he has as much time as you suggest he needs. Things change very quickly in football, just ask Nigel Adkins.  
Maybe shouldn't have used All,  I will keep to pointing it out to the individuals in future. Just aimed at the ones who specifically want him gone.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2015, 11:21:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 03, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

Maybe shouldn't have used All,  I will keep to pointing it out to the individuals in future. Just aimed at the ones who specifically want him gone.

Fair enough. Anyone that wants him sacked is being unbelievably harsh but he has had a few lucky escapes tactics wise and with subs or lack of them. Didn't think we deserved to beat Norwich and certainly rode our luck, hang on against forest and the second half weren't much different to tonight. And now this game.

A pattern of naivety and lack of ideas is forming on a regular basis and he needs to grow and Learn  from these situations. I mean, I know it must be very hard under that pressure but was I the only person in the ground that couldn't believe we hadn't changed things with 75 minutes on the clock? If fans see it then so should he, it's his bread and butter.

I actually think had he brought on lvc and roberts at 1-1 then we would've possibly sneaked a winner. I'm just frustrated because tonight was a good opportunity especially with the league being a write off.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Egham White

How I wish Roberts had shot after that mazy run instead of trying to slot the pass through.
First 15 minutes they were all over us but thought we battled well up to halftime
Second half they came out firing and we retreated back with Ross dropping deeper and deeper and then ending up wide
We are far too narrow and wingers have a free run especially down our left
I know Sunderland are Premier League but I don't think they're good PL and may be playing us again next season
We need 442 to give the backs cover
Fofana, despite a couple of errors, had a decent game with some great runs but one thing we're lacking is winning the ball in the air at set pieces, we rarely look dangerous
Ref was a bit flaky with his decisions but we contributed to our own downfall with basic errors
Oh, and if we keep hold of Pat Roberts he's going to give us some great memories
Everybody hurts sometime

Arthur

Quote from: MJG on February 03, 2015, 11:21:29 PM

I can understand your frustration at the vitriolic tone of some of the criticism. It is unwarranted. What is also does, however, is overshadow genuine questions as to our manager's credentials.

With Magath having being so unpopular with supporters, I quite understand why Khan felt he couldn't go against the majority backing that Symons enjoyed among the fans. Nonetheless, we had the opportunity to appoint Chris Hughton or Steve Clarke.

I don't profess to know whether or not Kit is coming up short of what we need, but I do wonder. I've yet to see anything, moreover, to change my belief that we would be better-placed for a promotion push next season were we to have Hughton's experience leading the team.

GrahamG

MJG - I responded to the title of  the thread. I always thought it a mistake to go with Kit as manager and think that anybody (you, me, dannyboi) would have got positive results at first after the disasters that preceded his appointment. I won't have a 'Kit Out' banner because FFC doesn't need another change right now but I do fear for our club and don't think that survival in this division is yet a done deal. We need to battle through to the end of this season and then see where we are. Hopefully, Kit might learn some things along the way.

Max Headroom

I am not convinced by him yet but he is learning his trade and as we have seen this season if you give people a ruN then they improve. Kit will be with us to the end of the season at least unless we get pulled into trouble, which we shouldn't do as there are some really bad teams in the league.

We aren't going up definitely but that is not a bad thing with our inexperienced squad. If we had they would have bought in a host of older players and the youngsters would have been stifled.

He does need to work on his substitutions, and I would like to see Roberts get more game time.

Last night when we had Roberts Christensen and Woodrow on it was so exciting to see our youngsters hold their own

Oakeshott

"I am not convinced by him yet but he is learning his trade and as we have seen this season if you give people a ruN then they improve"

Hopefully, yes. But:

1) no clear sign yet, at least to my eyes, that Kit is learning - broadly speaking he makes the same mistakes each time;

2) not everyone improves for a run - some simply don't have it, don't develop it however much of a run they get, and disappear.

My concern is that Kit will prove incorrigibly one dimensional in his thinking - and on the evidence so far that won't be enough to make us serious challengers in this league.

snarks

Yes no doubt to our eyes Kit makes mistakes with the timing of his substitutions, also we question the formation. Personally I do not like Ross playing behind the front 2, he doesn't offer the defensive play that Bryan did by dropping as deep and isn't as good in the air when fulham defend a corner.

However I also wasn't optimistic about a cup run. Like the youngsters he will get better, at u21 level he could wait, at senior level maybe not so much. I believe he will get it right given time. Earlier this season these boards were full of praise for how Norwich were taking the right course under Adams, and how Fulham should copy that.

Kit deserves time, and it may be time will show he can't take the team forward merely hold it still. However after the last 2 seasons or so, some stability is essential.

Twig

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 04, 2015, 07:56:27 AM
"I am not convinced by him yet but he is learning his trade and as we have seen this season if you give people a ruN then they improve"

Hopefully, yes. But:

1) no clear sign yet, at least to my eyes, that Kit is learning - broadly speaking he makes the same mistakes each time;

2) not everyone improves for a run - some simply don't have it, don't develop it however much of a run they get, and disappear.

My concern is that Kit will prove incorrigibly one dimensional in his thinking - and on the evidence so far that won't be enough to make us serious challengers in this league.

And that is the nub of it.

Aldo

He really needs some managerial experience alongside him to help him learn. Someone to prompt him to change when it is required and a new perspective!

ROKERITE

Before he was given the job I said he'd be a poor appointment. It is a sad indictment of "the five wise men" that after putting their heads together he was their choice; particularly when the right man was one of the five.

stephenFFC

I think we need to give him the rest of this season, the summer and a run into next season before we judge him fully although I am worried, especially his inability to change things when planA isn't working. Sunderland dominated us last night and nothing changed until it was too late. They completely ran the midfield and we are so narrow they had acres of space on the wings. I felt sorry for Grimmer and Staf because they were so exposed but nothing changed. It was easy to see this after about 10 minutes.

filham

Quote from: stephenFFC on February 04, 2015, 10:02:44 AM
I think we need to give him the rest of this season, the summer and a run into next season before we judge him fully although I am worried, especially his inability to change things when planA isn't working. Sunderland dominated us last night and nothing changed until it was too late. They completely ran the midfield and we are so narrow they had acres of space on the wings. I felt sorry for Grimmer and Staf because they were so exposed but nothing changed. It was easy to see this after about 10 minutes.

Fully agree, most of us wanted Kit and he has achieved his initial task of lifting us out of the relegation zone and improved team spirit enormously. The next stage is to develop the team ready for a promotion drive next season and we should all support him in this more difficult work.

However , we still have to win about six more games this season to avoid the drop and things are not looking too good just at the moment. There are changes which Kit should consider that may help him along the way.

1.Hopefullly the right back spot will be taken by Richards and Hoogaland for the rest of the season.

2. The midfield diamond will whenever possible be made up of Parker and Carpenter plus two others from Kaca, Fofana, Tunniclifffe, Willliams, Roberts, Hyndman or Kavanagh. Our big problem last night was a poorper formancein in midfield but surely by choosing the inform players from these seven an improvement can be achieved.

3. McCormac needs to be played up front as a striker where he is likely to increase our goal tally.

A few changes and Kit can still prove to be the right choice as Fulham manager.

J.Perkins

There are 3 major problems, and they have been constant since his appointment:

-Late/lack of substitutions
-Very poor player positioning
-No Plan B when things aren't working

If he had developed as a manager since the start, then I would be less doubtful. However, these are the same problems every week, and I'm worrying that he doesn't have the ability to fix them.

nose

i do not comprehend the critism of Kit he has done a remarkable job.
We can critise tactics and substitutions on a given day I even thought Roy had many shortcomings but overall Kit is doing well

our problem lies far higher up the food chain.
if we are to progress we need a board/owner that actually understand what needs to be done and i absolutely have lost faith that that is the case.
The problem Kit has is the quality and depth of squad is not good enough, that was self ecident last night when you see Tunny who regularly under no pressure passes the ball to the opposition, fof the same and they are the best we have at the moment..we have full backs that are miles away from what is needed and no defensive central midfield with physical prescence.... in short we needed to buy a couple of players, just to freshen up and show intent.... We HAD TO and we didn't, that is just not good enough and Kit can only do the best he can.

The stay away owner clearly has no concept of professional football management and the board we have are the same ones that engineered our certain relegation by keeping jol too long and then the debacle of the three manager season as well as getting rid of the entire squad in summer!

Kit is the one person not to blame.... i agree team selection was poor last night and tactics wrong, but as long as he learns from the experience then we will improve.