watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting to doubt kit a bit now

Started by dannyboi-ffc, February 03, 2015, 09:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

Whatever the criticisms are of Kit, and I completely agree that there are areas of concern, I strongly feel that another change of manager so soon would be disastrous.

We were rock bottom under Magrath, looking at consecutive relegation, and Kit, whether by luck or judgement, has massively turned that around. We are certainly not getting promoted, but neither is there a realistic likelihood of relegation. He has been somewhat hamstrung with the dire state of the squad as he inherited it, and needs to be given time to get some new players and build the squad.

He does desperately need assistance and advice.
He needs to make substitutions earlier.
He needs to rethink the narrow formation.
He needs to work hard on our defensive weaknesses.
In return, the players need to up their game - we simply have to stop giving the ball away so cheaply.

Let him have the rest of this season and the start of the next before we even start talking about replacing him.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2015, 03:03:47 PM
i do not comprehend the critism of Kit he has done a remarkable job.
We can critise tactics and substitutions on a given day I even thought Roy had many shortcomings but overall Kit is doing well

our problem lies far higher up the food chain.
if we are to progress we need a board/owner that actually understand what needs to be done and i absolutely have lost faith that that is the case.
The problem Kit has is the quality and depth of squad is not good enough, that was self ecident last night when you see Tunny who regularly under no pressure passes the ball to the opposition, fof the same and they are the best we have at the moment..we have full backs that are miles away from what is needed and no defensive central midfield with physical prescence.... in short we needed to buy a couple of players, just to freshen up and show intent.... We HAD TO and we didn't, that is just not good enough and Kit can only do the best he can.

The stay away owner clearly has no concept of professional football management and the board we have are the same ones that engineered our certain relegation by keeping jol too long and then the debacle of the three manager season as well as getting rid of the entire squad in summer!

Kit is the one person not to blame.... i agree team selection was poor last night and tactics wrong, but as long as he learns from the experience then we will improve.

My thread wasn't started to orchestrate a kit out campaign. I'm happy with him and overall he's still doing a good job although not as consistently as when he took over.

The problem is definitely higher up and we lack quality in all the areas you mentioned hence why I started the other thread about next year's squad because I don't want anyone thinking I'm a negative supporter.

But last night wasn't the first time his tactics/ subs/timing were wrong. It happens an awful lot and he doesn't seem to be learning.

I think his management of the players, club in general and development of the likes of lvc and bettinelli is superb and puts to shame the experience of magath and jol. But his match day management is very naive and not that imaginative. That's all he needs to work on
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

Quote from: nose on February 04, 2015, 03:03:47 PM
i do not comprehend the critism of Kit he has done a remarkable job.
We can critise tactics and substitutions on a given day I even thought Roy had many shortcomings but overall Kit is doing well

our problem lies far higher up the food chain.
if we are to progress we need a board/owner that actually understand what needs to be done and i absolutely have lost faith that that is the case.
The problem Kit has is the quality and depth of squad is not good enough, that was self ecident last night when you see Tunny who regularly under no pressure passes the ball to the opposition, fof the same and they are the best we have at the moment..we have full backs that are miles away from what is needed and no defensive central midfield with physical prescence.... in short we needed to buy a couple of players, just to freshen up and show intent.... We HAD TO and we didn't, that is just not good enough and Kit can only do the best he can.

The stay away owner clearly has no concept of professional football management and the board we have are the same ones that engineered our certain relegation by keeping jol too long and then the debacle of the three manager season as well as getting rid of the entire squad in summer!

Kit is the one person not to blame.... i agree team selection was poor last night and tactics wrong, but as long as he learns from the experience then we will improve.

Totally agree with this. While the diamond doesn't work especially without Ruiz. I am not convinced we have the personnel to play any other way any more convincingly. Which is why so many fans keep saying players who don't play are better than the ones who are. Tunnicliffe was going to be a saviour on his return. He wasn't last night.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope