more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how did richards play yesterday?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 08, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 12:34:08 PM
Sorry may have misunderstood the question,  I forgot he's only on a on the loan,  but I expect it to be renewed till end of season.
Can it be extended to the end of the season? i though any play can only be loaned, for an initial loan period of a month,during the season for a maximum of 3 x 1 month periods that means 93 days which would see us to the end of Arpil or there abouts. So there fore as not done for the remainder of the season during a window it cannot now be extended to a rest of season loan.
Every day is a Fulham day

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on February 08, 2015, 04:39:41 PM
I think we have to be fair; he was up against one to the fastest players in the league (Lloyd Dyer) and did just enough against him. From what I heard he played very well against Blackburn. Give him time.
I was going to say, he pretty much kept pace with one of the quickest wingers in the league and Grimmer would barely have been in the same post code! Richards played well at Blackburn and is a step up from Grimmer, although as one of ours, I hope Grimmer improves in the next 12 months!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Scrumpy

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on February 08, 2015, 04:39:41 PM
I think we have to be fair; he was up against one to the fastest players in the league (Lloyd Dyer) and did just enough against him. From what I heard he played very well against Blackburn. Give him time.
Well said. Jazz is an experienced player so I wouldn't expect him to take as long as say, Fofana, to get up to speed, but we surely can't judge him for another couple of games. You're right, Lloyd Dyer has been plying his trade at this level for years and is a tricky customer. I thought Richards did OK, but would hope for another 5% or 10% to come.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

callumc513

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2015, 12:50:28 PM
As above, made a last minute ditch tackle, but got constantly skinned by their 3.5 foot winger, No.40 don't know who he was? Saying that, Staf was getting skinned every time by a player who looked like in his very mid to late 30's!!

Nah, Staf hardly ever got skinned, not Cotterill's game. And he's 27.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 02:16:14 PM
As above, made a last minute ditch tackle, but got constantly skinned by their 3.5 foot winger, No.40 don't know who he was? Saying that, Staf was getting skinned every time by a player who looked like in his very mid to late 30's!!

Haha that bald fella was only 27. I looked it up because he was running rings round them which was irritating me cos he looked a lot older than staf.

Actually thinking about it he looked like Leon lol!

The tiny black player was called Dyer I think but I've never seen him before

Lol.
Cotterill was the best player on the pitch for Birmingham. Staff did well considering he had next to no help. Cotterill did a perfect free kick for their goal. But he'd already done it 5 minutes earlier as a corner kick so we should have seen it coming tbh.

I agree Richards needs a bit more time. He is a step up from Grimmer, who, bless him, is simply not ready yet (imo), but will only get better as he grows with this team.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

callumc513

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 08, 2015, 10:50:56 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 02:16:14 PM

Haha that bald fella was only 27. I looked it up because he was running rings round them which was irritating me cos he looked a lot older than staf.

Actually thinking about it he looked like Leon lol!

The tiny black player was called Dyer I think but I've never seen him before

Lol.
Cotterill was the best player on the pitch for Birmingham. Staff did well considering he had next to no help. Cotterill did a perfect free kick for their goal. But he'd already done it 5 minutes earlier as a corner kick so we should have seen it coming tbh.

I agree Richards needs a bit more time. He is a step up from Grimmer, who, bless him, is simply not ready yet (imo), but will only get better as he grows with this team.

COYW!

This post is absolutely spot on! Thought both our full-backs were decent considering they get no protection. Although I thought Shinnie was just as good for Brum before he got taken off.

SouthfieldWhite

Wasn't impressed withRichards but understand it's his first game and willing to give him time.

As mentioned,one great defensive block, apart from that hewas poor.

My u8s andu13s  whom I coach know not to go diving into a tackle when the opposition player is going no where, and that challenge ended up costing us 2 points, said it before the free kick was talent habit was a terrible decision on Richards part.
I'm surprised some haven't heard of Dyer, been about for a while and mainly made a name for himself atLeicester