watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how did richards play yesterday?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 08, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

sorry - did not listen to commentary yesterday.

MJG

For me he was bang average. Made a decent last ditch tackle in second half,  apart from that I'm not sure if he's an upgrade or not.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 12:12:42 PM
For me he was bang average. Made a decent last ditch tackle in second half,  apart from that I'm not sure if he's an upgrade or not.
would you renew his loan or go with the hoog and grimmer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on February 08, 2015, 12:25:00 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 12:12:42 PM
would you renew his loan or go with the hoog and grimmer
I'd keep Grimmer,  no to Hoogland as he's more likely to miss 20 games than play 20.
Id look for another experienced full back,  be that a left or right one and play a youngster on the other side.
Maybe that player would be the utility one I think we need.
So Grimmer either first or second choice on right.
On first live sighting I don't see Richards as the person to go ahead of Grimmer.

MJG

Sorry may have misunderstood the question,  I forgot he's only on a on the loan,  but I expect it to be renewed till end of season.

Admin

As above, made a last minute ditch tackle, but got constantly skinned by their 3.5 foot winger, No.40 don't know who he was? Saying that, Staf was getting skinned every time by a player who looked like in his very mid to late 30's!!

Dodger53

IMHO he is heaps better than Grimmer but only time will tell if he is good enough.

Andy S

He gave away a needless foul for their goal and was only average. Not the answer for me but he may improve

dannyboi-ffc

Wasn't impressed but like fofana he may get better. Couldn't see much potential though to be honest, not sure he's better than Grimmer but then again I'm not sure Grimmer is good enough anyway to cement that position.

It's a big weakness I think and I wouldn't renew his loan unless hooglands injury will last a lot longer.  We need a new RB in the summer for sure
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2015, 12:50:28 PM
As above, made a last minute ditch tackle, but got constantly skinned by their 3.5 foot winger, No.40 don't know who he was? Saying that, Staf was getting skinned every time by a player who looked like in his very mid to late 30's!!

Haha that bald fella was only 27. I looked it up because he was running rings round them which was irritating me cos he looked a lot older than staf.

Actually thinking about it he looked like Leon lol!

The tiny black player was called Dyer I think but I've never seen him before

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Admin

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 02:16:14 PM

Haha that bald fella was only 27. I looked it up because he was running rings round them which was irritating me cos he looked a lot older than staf.

To be honest, Leon also looks a lot older than he is. Thing was (regardless of age) Birmingham played 2 out and out wingers that caused us problems all day. I can't directly blame Jazz and Staf, because every time they got forward, they got no help what so ever from our midfield.

Dyer for them was good, he played like an out and out winger who ran the line all day long, and didn't stop to cut in like our 'so called' wingers, wide men do..

MJG

Quote from: Admin on February 08, 2015, 02:43:08 PM

To be honest, Leon also looks a lot older than he is. Thing was (regardless of age) Birmingham played 2 out and out wingers that caused us problems all day. I can't directly blame Jazz and Staf, because every time they got forward, they got no help what so ever from our midfield.

Dyer for them was good, he played like an out and out winger who ran the line all day long, and didn't stop to cut in like our 'so called' wingers, wide men do..
It's one thing I would like Kaca to do. Take a watch of Boa in the promotion season and just aim at the box and byline.
It's how he played in the U21's and seems to be another Jol masterstroke in moving him right,  left and all over the place when he got in the team.
Play left,  play wide,  run direct.... My instructions to Kaca

dannyboi-ffc

My issue with kit is why didn't he changed things earlier? I watched a bit of Burnley v WBA today and Pulis made a change after 20 odd minutes because his original set up was wasn't working. They were 1-0 down at the time and then Ings made it 2-0 but they ended up drawing 2-2 when it they could've been battered if he didn't act quickly.

kit doesn't seem to do that, stafylidis gets slated sometimes but he gets no help at all. Watford did the same. If you play with good width we are so easily beaten. Kit needs a bit more imagination when things aren't working

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Admin

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 02:49:49 PM

It's one thing I would like Kaca to do. Take a watch of Boa in the promotion season and just aim at the box and byline.
It's how he played in the U21's and seems to be another Jol masterstroke in moving him right,  left and all over the place when he got in the team.

Kaca was so frustrating to watch yesterday, I just wanted to run on the pitch and give him a good shake down, obviously I'd have picked up a lifetime ban, but I agree with what you say. 

dannyboi-ffc

MJG I agree with that, every winger needs to watch videos of Boa. Only problem is none of them are any where near as quick as him or as strong when running at such pace. Kaca is a good dribbler but very weak. He has given us something extra since he's come back though.

Definitely one to work on for next season, I think he's the right age to be an important player next year. Get in the gym sunshine!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

hovewhite

the diamond we play doesn't seem to offer support for the full backs and its part of the problems in conceding goals like we are and would be happier playing some width midfield wise.Feel for our full backs.

dannyboi-ffc

Does anyone actually like the diamond? It doesn't mean you aren't a kit fan if you don't.  Most seem to agree we need width and cover for the full backs.

Kaca is one winger and we do have options elsewhere.

MJG would you be happy with

Lvc   fofana   parker    kaca

Mcormack  woodrow/hugo

I'd settle for that if it meant width.  I think tunnicliffe or lvc on the right could work. We have roberts and williams as backup

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Twig

Quote from: MJG on February 08, 2015, 02:49:49 PM

I agree, and another role model of recent years was Bjarne Goldbeak.

Toby Ward-Smith

I think we have to be fair; he was up against one to the fastest players in the league (Lloyd Dyer) and did just enough against him. From what I heard he played very well against Blackburn. Give him time.

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 08, 2015, 03:03:27 PM
Does anyone actually like the diamond? It doesn't mean you aren't a kit fan if you don't.  Most seem to agree we need width and cover for the full backs.

Kaca is one winger and we do have options elsewhere.

MJG would you be happy with

Lvc   fofana   parker    kaca

Mcormack  woodrow/hugo

I'd settle for that if it meant width.  I think tunnicliffe or lvc on the right could work. We have roberts and williams as backup
I'd give that a go. LVC will eventually settle into the middle of the pitch,  but for now his energy on the right would be more useful.