https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz Speaks

Started by Admin, February 15, 2015, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on February 15, 2015, 01:57:18 PM
Quote from: Andy S on February 15, 2015, 01:49:10 PM
I have to say I Like Bryan Ruiz. Not just for his quality but for the way he has handled himself since he was here. Some players would not have handled things as well. I wish him the best of luck at the end of the season

I agree. The player should not be criticized for telling the truth. Particularly when most of us have always expected that this was the situation.
Unfortunately, many people prefer to hear what they want to hear rather than ("You can't handle...") the truth.
Would it have been better to have said, as some smart-arsed PR would have put it, "Of course I am a bit disappointed that the Levante deal fell through. But my commitment has always been to Fulham and I am looking forward to the challenge of consolidating our league position." [Do I get the job?]

As long as he continues to deliver, good luck to him.

As long as he continues to deliver..Deliver What?
10mill waste of space, did nothing in prem and same here.
P*** of on holiday till the summer, we get by without you Brian...

Steven Ageroad

Our next game is against Millwall, just his sort of game?!?!

cmg

As always Bryan provokes a lively correspondence.
That's understandable. He was an expensive buy, came with high expectations and hasn't  fulfilled expectations.

He says he is not suited to the Championship. He also says he was signed to play in the Prem, that's obviously true. He doesn't actually say that he was suited to the Prem. I thought it became obvious last season (or before) that he was not suited to the PL. This is, perhaps, underlined by the fact that no PL side have ever shown any real interest in him. It would be asking too much of his honesty for him to come out and admit the he was a failure as far as English football was concerned.

It's ironical that he can be quite effective in the Championship, where he doesn't want to be, when teams in leagues to which he may well be suited have hardly fallen over themselves to secure his services. Apart from the last minute fandango from the rather desperate Levante.

Nero

did have a relegation clause in his contract is it the drop in wages thats making him unhappy, if he had lite up the Championship perhaps a few more clubs other then Levante may have come in for him

snarks

I'm not sure Fulham can get by without him, he is the difference between scrapping for a shot on target and scoring goals

Luffy86

The premiership didn't exactly suit him either did it!

love4ffc

The days of players "giving blood for the cause have long gone".  Let's face it most players play for themselves.  make as much money as you can before you have to get out.  That's the attitude of most today. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Cmg...Ive taken my reply to you down, I got heated up  bit there(Ruiz Fault)
he makes my blood boil.
I shouldnt have ranted on like that...Im away to have a glass of wine and
calm down a bit..

Bill2

Lets be fair it is not if there was a bus load of people wanting his signature, although we will see what happens when he is available on a free at the end of the season.

dannyboi-ffc

In my opinion its the minimum requirement that he gives his all on the pitch regardless of how he feels. So for those saying he is so professional and goes about it the right way I beg to differ. Just because other players are childish and selfish enough to go on strike to get their way it doesn't make Ruiz a hero because he doesn't.

My advice to Ruiz would be SHUTUP and get on with your job, you've made it clear you don't want to be here and quite frankly I don't want you here.

Its very ironic Bryan how life works out for some, people like yourself and the original Dembele never wanted to play here, you USED Fulham as a stepping stone to get noticed by a bigger club. It worked out for Moussa, not so much for you though. Now we find ourselves in a situation where you are desperate to leave and no one really wants you and funny enough the shoe is well and truly on the other foot. Its no secret that you are Fulham's best player which isn't much of a compliment by the way. But sadly we need you despite the majority not wanting a player who has made it clear he hates it here now. Because all we care about is our club its time for us to USE you as a stepping stone to better things next year. Providing we stay up I'll be glad to see the back of you.

You get paid a fortune to play football, so less bitching and more top notch performances please. Then the mighty Levante can have you. What comes round goes around sometimes, its just a shame it doesn't happen to every player that uses Little old Fulham
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Quote from: cmg on February 15, 2015, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 15, 2015, 02:49:48 PM
Sorry, the guy is full of it. Fulfil his contract, that's all double-speak for the fact he cannot get out of it.

Your respect, or absence of it, is entirely your affair and an opinion to which you are fully entitled.
But his comment cannot be described as 'double-speak for the fact that he cannot get out of it [his contract]'. He states, plainly and categorically, that, "I am here because of my contract, not because I want to." You can't get much plainer than that. If he said anything else it would be a lie.
You might not respect him for this. You might, justifiably, think that a player with that attitude should not be in the team (that is a decision for the management, not the player). But double-speak, it ain't.
Provided he acts professionally he shouldn't be accused of dishonesty.

I might also say that a contract acts both ways. A club can hardly hold a player to a contract and then, provided he performs on the field, refuse to play him.

Thank you, I respect your views on this, and I agree we are entitled to our own opinions regarding our respect of players and others.

That said, I always believe that a player signs a contract to "play for the team", not "play for the team in a particular division", that, imo, is where the double speak comes in, because he is only there because he has to be, and not in the division he wants to be, and for me, to fulfil his contract he needs to be there for the club.

Perhaps he should have had that written into the contract then, but then again, as pointed out elsewhere, not too many other Prem teams have stepped up with offers for him and I'm not too certain how many clubs would allow such a clause, for a player of his ability.

Ruiz has displayed an attitude that is disrespectful, imo, to the club he is contracted to. I do understand when he wants to play in the top leagues, all players with ambition I would imagine would want to, but the manner in which this has come out, and I will ride that with IF the words are what he said and the manner he said them, is poor for a player, and not something I would prefer to be around impressionable youngsters.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

kevin

Should HAVE started    not should OF started

Chutney

Some of our fans are so disrespectful. He gives his best for fulham when asked too, even when he doesn't want to be here, what more can we ask of him? He, Unlike the vast majority of our current squad will always come over and thank the fans at the end of a game. Some of them could learn an awful lot from the way he handles himself.
C O Y W

grandad

Barcelona 5 -0 Levante
Glad Ruiz is glad he didn´t go there. They are a League 2 side. I have seen them on Spanish TV.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Chutney on February 15, 2015, 06:28:22 PM
Some of our fans are so disrespectful. He gives his best for fulham when asked too, even when he doesn't want to be here, what more can we ask of him? He, Unlike the vast majority of our current squad will always come over and thank the fans at the end of a game. Some of them could learn an awful lot from the way he handles himself.

Give it a rest...Good Riddance to him.

David Allen Crankshaw

What is disappointing is that a player who openly says he doesn't want to be here may be preferred to others who have recently signed long term contracts.

Logicalman

I cannot afford to be respectful to a guy that earns more in a year than I am likely to in 50 when he says what he did. He earns enough to shut up and keep his mouth shut.

Gives his all does he? Sorry, his latest words are proving he doesn't, his heart is not in it, he wants away and believes he has no place in this club, I know of no person in any trade that gives their all when they don't want to be with their employer, its human nature, and I believe Bryan falls into that description.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Only an idiot would still think he wants to be here so why does he have to reassure us how BAD he wants to leave little Fulham who aren't good enough for him.

I'd say the disrespect is in his statement, not our posts.

Like quite a few are saying, he should shut up and think himself lucky to earn so much for doing so little. Yes I said it SO LITTLE.

If anyone on here thinks he has done enough in a stay that spans 4 years which now gives him the right to brand us as a hindrance then you've joined the circus which apparently is still called football.  

I don't think many would be that offended that he wants to leave but reminding us all is just taking the mickey. As a fan don't you think we're finding it hard as it is without someone like him insulting us further?

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Max Headroom

I can't blame RUIZ for not wanting to play for us, all I care is that when he does he tries his best, which he does.

He made the comments when he expected to leave and it doesn't matter how much he earns, he is still a human being.

Are you saying that if you were lucky enough to earn as much as he did that you would happily forsake all happiness just for the money? I don't think so.

He could be the player who keeps us up, so I want him in our team

Jamie88

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 15, 2015, 07:12:40 PM

Only an idiot would still think he wants to be here so why does he have to reassure us how BAD he wants to leave little Fulham who aren't good enough for him.

I'd say the disrespect is in his statement, not our posts.

Like quite a few are saying, he should shut up and think himself lucky to earn so much for doing so little. Yes I said it SO LITTLE.

If anyone on here thinks he has done enough in a stay that spans 4 years which now gives him the right to brand us as a hindrance then you've joined the circus which apparently is still called football. 

I don't think many would be that offended that he wants to leave but reminding us all is just taking the mickey. As a fan don't you think we're finding it hard as it is without someone like him insulting us further?

Well said Danny, agree with you 100%