watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz Speaks

Started by Admin, February 15, 2015, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

In a perfect world and if we had another ten points i reckon almost 90% of fans would tell him to do one.

The Enclosurite

Exactly this.

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
In a perfect world and if we had another ten points i reckon almost 90% of fans would tell him to do one.
¡COYW!

Alan_C

Quote from: The Enclosurite on February 15, 2015, 01:24:16 PM
Exactly this.

Quote from: MJG on February 15, 2015, 01:13:56 PM

But we don't and it was there for all to see  how much we need his quality. If we had 10 more points we might be talking about how we plan for promotion and how much a part of that Bryan had been.

He did sign to play in the premier league and her can't be blamed, any more than the rest of last years squad, for us not being there. IMO There isn't much wrong with the text above

Andy S

I have to say I Like Bryan Ruiz. Not just for his quality but for the way he has handled himself since he was here. Some players would not have handled things as well. I wish him the best of luck at the end of the season

Fulham76

A footballer honouring his contract??? Very rare!
At least he knows the situation now & where he'll be until the end of the season, so he has a chance to earn the move he wants by playing well for us.

cmg

Quote from: Andy S on February 15, 2015, 01:49:10 PM
I have to say I Like Bryan Ruiz. Not just for his quality but for the way he has handled himself since he was here. Some players would not have handled things as well. I wish him the best of luck at the end of the season

I agree. The player should not be criticized for telling the truth. Particularly when most of us have always expected that this was the situation.
Unfortunately, many people prefer to hear what they want to hear rather than ("You can't handle...") the truth.
Would it have been better to have said, as some smart-arsed PR would have put it, "Of course I am a bit disappointed that the Levante deal fell through. But my commitment has always been to Fulham and I am looking forward to the challenge of consolidating our league position." [Do I get the job?]

As long as he continues to deliver, good luck to him.

SP

Well at least he can watch Barca v Levante on Sky Sports 5 this afternoon.

Burt

Well he got stuck in when he came on yesterday, to the extent that he probably should have started!

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Burt on February 15, 2015, 02:13:41 PM
Well he got stuck in when he came on yesterday, to the extent that he probably should have started!
He definitely should of started!

Pie and mash

Getting ideas above his station. He was useless in the Premier League.

Bertie Big Bollo**s, would stick him in the reserves if it was up to me

Logicalman

Sorry, the guy is full of it. Fulfil his contract, that's all double-speak for the fact he cannot get out of it.

My respect for this guy, as a person, is zero, as a player, good player, but he has proven, by these words (If accurate) that he is in it for himself only and sod the team. For that reason, I would prefer he is nowhere near the young players, his attitude sucks.

JH will be turning in his grave listening to people like Ruiz at the Cottage.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MJG

Quote from: Logicalman on February 15, 2015, 02:49:48 PM
Sorry, the guy is full of it. Fulfil his contract, that's all double-speak for the fact he cannot get out of it.

My respect for this guy, as a person, is zero, as a player, good player, but he has proven, by these words (If accurate) that he is in it for himself only and sod the team. For that reason, I would prefer he is nowhere near the young players, his attitude sucks.

JH will be turning in his grave listening to people like Ruiz at the Cottage.
I worry about that affect. Lets say we are talking to LVC about a new contract and finds himself replaced by Ruiz either as sub or starter, what message does that send out?

Humbled

i wish I could speak of this "quality" that some of you speak of that he has and we need...
3 games a season doesn't count......

he says the championship doesn't suit him but unless he is at a top 4 club in the prem (which he never will be) then English football in general doesn't suit him.

EDIT - I,  like someone above said, like the man. I just don't rate the footballer anywhere near as highly as most.
it seems we have a team FULL of mediocre (at best) players and some are bumped up and others and knocked down. when in reality they are simply mediocre.

Jamie88

Why does he seem to think the Premier League suits him? He was god awful in that league for 2 and a half years bar a few performances

David Allen Crankshaw

He wanted to play in The Premier League. He isn't good enough to play in The top division which is evident in the fact that no Premiership club has shown the slightest interest in signing him.

cmg

Quote from: Logicalman on February 15, 2015, 02:49:48 PM

Your respect, or absence of it, is entirely your affair and an opinion to which you are fully entitled.
But his comment cannot be described as 'double-speak for the fact that he cannot get out of it [his contract]'. He states, plainly and categorically, that, "I am here because of my contract, not because I want to." You can't get much plainer than that. If he said anything else it would be a lie.
You might not respect him for this. You might, justifiably, think that a player with that attitude should not be in the team (that is a decision for the management, not the player). But double-speak, it ain't.
Provided he acts professionally he shouldn't be accused of dishonesty.

I might also say that a contract acts both ways. A club can hardly hold a player to a contract and then, provided he performs on the field, refuse to play him.

St Eve

Whether he is good enough or not is a matter of opinion, but he signed to play in the premiership not the bottom of the championship. I respect his professionalism. Cast your mind back to Saha and Steed

Jamie88

Quote from: St Eve on February 15, 2015, 03:25:00 PM
Whether he is good enough or not is a matter of opinion, but he signed to play in the premiership not the bottom of the championship. I respect his professionalism. Cast your mind back to Saha and Steed

He also signed knowing that relegation existed

grandad

Although I applaud him for his honesty I think he is deluded if he thinks of himself as a Premiership quality player.
The Dutch League is about his standard.
Living in Spain I have seen a lot of the football played here. Apart from the top 4 teams the standard is Championship quality at best.
Where there's a will there's a wife