Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz Speaks

Started by Admin, February 15, 2015, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Logicalman on February 15, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 15, 2015, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 15, 2015, 02:49:48 PM
Sorry, the guy is full of it. Fulfil his contract, that's all double-speak for the fact he cannot get out of it.

Your respect, or absence of it, is entirely your affair and an opinion to which you are fully entitled.
But his comment cannot be described as 'double-speak for the fact that he cannot get out of it [his contract]'. He states, plainly and categorically, that, "I am here because of my contract, not because I want to." You can't get much plainer than that. If he said anything else it would be a lie.
You might not respect him for this. You might, justifiably, think that a player with that attitude should not be in the team (that is a decision for the management, not the player). But double-speak, it ain't.
Provided he acts professionally he shouldn't be accused of dishonesty.

I might also say that a contract acts both ways. A club can hardly hold a player to a contract and then, provided he performs on the field, refuse to play him.

Thank you, I respect your views on this, and I agree we are entitled to our own opinions regarding our respect of players and others.

That said, I always believe that a player signs a contract to "play for the team", not "play for the team in a particular division", that, imo, is where the double speak comes in, because he is only there because he has to be, and not in the division he wants to be, and for me, to fulfil his contract he needs to be there for the club.

Perhaps he should have had that written into the contract then, but then again, as pointed out elsewhere, not too many other Prem teams have stepped up with offers for him and I'm not too certain how many clubs would allow such a clause, for a player of his ability.

Ruiz has displayed an attitude that is disrespectful, imo, to the club he is contracted to. I do understand when he wants to play in the top leagues, all players with ambition I would imagine would want to, but the manner in which this has come out, and I will ride that with IF the words are what he said and the manner he said them, is poor for a player, and not something I would prefer to be around impressionable youngsters.

What i am taking from the conversations on this subject is that everyone on here is entitled to their opinion but Brian Ruiz is not.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Whatever people think of him, he's being honest. We didn't buy him for him to play in anything other than the PL either.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rusty shackleford

It is my opinion that players who bitch about being stuck with us should be sent to the U21's regardless of how "good" they are

cmg

Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 16, 2015, 10:28:59 AM
It is my opinion that players who bitch about being stuck with us should be sent to the U21's regardless of how "good" they are

Mmmm. Wouldn't really work, would it when you come to think of it?

Using the u21s as a dustbin for players you don't like gives out a message that you don't care about the u21s. If you think the player will 'contaminate' the 1st team by his bad attitude then playing with younger, more impressionable players is even worse.
In by-passing a player who would rightfully command a first team squad spot, unless he has committed a gross breach of contract, you open up the possibilty of a constructive dismissal case against you.

snarks

Quote from: cmg on February 16, 2015, 10:45:46 AM

Using the u21s as a dustbin for players you don't like gives out a message that you don't care about the u21s. If you think the player will 'contaminate' the 1st team by his bad attitude then playing with younger, more impressionable players is even worse.
In by-passing a player who would rightfully command a first team squad spot, unless he has committed a gross breach of contract, you open up the possibilty of a constructive dismissal case against you.

As an example of that, look at what Felix did, making players he didn't like unapproachable and train on their own. We all know the good team spirit that resulted from his style.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Holders on February 16, 2015, 08:40:56 AM
Whatever people think of him, he's being honest. We didn't buy him for him to play in anything other than the PL either.

Yes we did we paid good money for him put him on top
wages and he signed a contract.
That contract doesnt say just premiership Im afraid Its to
represent Fulham at all levels..Or was he exempt from cup
games as well..

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 16, 2015, 01:03:27 PM
Quote from: Holders on February 16, 2015, 08:40:56 AM

Yes we did we paid good money for him put him on top
wages and he signed a contract.
That contract doesnt say just premiership Im afraid Its to
represent Fulham at all levels..Or was he exempt from cup
games as well..
Well i guess it is his agents fault for not putting in a release clause in his contract
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mokes

Quote from: snarks on February 16, 2015, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 16, 2015, 10:45:46 AM

As an example of that, look at what Felix did, making players he didn't like unapproachable and train on their own. We all know the good team spirit that resulted from his style.

Wasn't Ruiz one of said players who was alienated from training with the first team? I really like Ruiz, The fact that he is so brutally honest is to be respected. This club has been horrible for him. Fans have never really been good to him, he was alienated from the team at one point, made a scapegoat because of his price tag (which he didn't have much to do with) and been made to sit on the bench or in the stands and watch this club go from a mid table premier league club, to a potential League 1 club and become a total circus act.

From all reports Stek just straight up said no, I have had enough and refused to be apart of it. Ruiz probably could have done the same but has stuck with us and since Kit started putting him on the field has always been one of out best players and got the most out of the attacking side of the team. Since he has been brought back he has never been crazy about the team and that has shown by the way he never celebrates when we score. He still plays like a pro though.

I'm sure growing up in Costa Rica he was never a life long Fulham fan. Footballers get what, 12-15 year careers in which to make the money, and the memories that will set them up for life. As Jim said on the podcast thing, If he was at Levante he would have been playing against Barca at the Nou Camp last weekend rather than sitting on our bench watching us lose to Ipswich. Begrudging him for wanting the best career for himself is pathetic really.