watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Recovering

Started by RidgeRider, July 12, 2010, 05:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Well, just a quick report after a long break from racing. Saturday I completed my second Death Ride.

As many of you know, it is a 129 mile with 15,000+ vertical feet of ascending at 5,300 - 8.500 feet above sea level.

Had a very good ride. Bested last years saddle time by over 1 hour. Finished in 9 hours and 15 minutes.

Weather was good, so I didn't experience any cold temperatures or rain at the top of the last summit. Temperatures started at 55F at 5:30AM and had risen to 85F at the end of the ride.

There were about 3,500 participants this year and the support by the organizers was incredible as usual. The climbs were epic as usual and everybody couldn't have been nicer.

Needless to say I am still recovering and look forward to another day off of the bike.

What an experience though, one of the most beautiful places you'll ever see!

blingo

finnster01

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 12, 2010, 05:34:17 PM
...Saturday I completed my second Death Ride...

Mr Jack,
That actually remided me of my ex-wife..  :046:

However, congratulation on what sounds like a very impressive and massive achievement!!  :sir_roy: Must be extra hard for a big lad to carry a few extra pounds compared to the other jockeys.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on July 12, 2010, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 12, 2010, 05:34:17 PM
...Saturday I completed my second Death Ride...

Mr Jack,
That actually remided me of my ex-wife..  :046:

:027: :027: :027: :027: :027: :027:

uh, she wasn't from Luton by any chance was she!  :doh:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDaddy

content/uploads/2008/08/carradine-as-nfrankenstein.jpg[/img]

Glad to see theses two weren't there How did they work out the point system  :55:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

Well done. I went round the block a few times yesterday on my bike. Temp about 85f. I gave up after  about 4 miles. Big test this week however, USA veteran's cup, back to back games wed, thurs, fri in the group stage. Finals over the week-end. My team is in the OVER 60 bracket. Hope they have some ambulances waiting at the field.
Should be some amusing moments. Tournament report next week.

boxhockcycsock

Congrats on another superb ride RR! 15,000 ft is huge!  :010:
I haven't checked in on this MB in the past few weeks, but are you following the Tour de France? I think Levi Leipheimer actually has a pretty good chance to win it this year. Just for the gents on this board I would concede that I'd also be happy to see Wiggins win it over Contador or even Schleck (although Schleck is a hard worker). 
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

RidgeRider

Quote from: boxhockcycsock on July 13, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Congrats on another superb ride RR! 15,000 ft is huge!  :010:
I haven't checked in on this MB in the past few weeks, but are you following the Tour de France? I think Levi Leipheimer actually has a pretty good chance to win it this year. Just for the gents on this board I would concede that I'd also be happy to see Wiggins win it over Contador or even Schleck (although Schleck is a hard worker).  

Thanks. It was a huge effort. I am still tired today.

The Tour is over for Wiggins and anybody who doesn't have the last name Schleck or Contador. Today's stage has ended hopes of winning for everyone else. Third is the best Levi can hope for now and Wiggins is clearly missing the structure that Garmin brought him last year. Team management at Sky is a team of amateurs compared to some of the other teams but they will get better as time goes on but not for this tour. Wiggins will be lucky to break the top 10 now. His climbing is suffering compared to last year as he is missing Allen Lim's influence on weight management as well.

boxhockcycsock

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 13, 2010, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: boxhockcycsock on July 13, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Congrats on another superb ride RR! 15,000 ft is huge!  :010:

Thanks. It was a huge effort. I am still tired today.

The Tour is over for Wiggins and anybody who doesn't have the last name Schleck or Contador. Today's stage has ended hopes of winning for everyone else. Third is the best Levi can hope for now and Wiggins is clearly missing the structure that Garmin brought him last year. Team management at Sky is a team of amateurs compared to some of the other teams but they will get better as time goes on but not for this tour. Wiggins will be lucky to break the top 10 now. His climbing is suffering compared to last year as he is missing Allen Lim's influence on weight management as well.
That's probably true. I was just reading last night about Lim's techniques for Armstrong and how he has Team Radioshack doing some very unique recovery techniques. I didn't know that Lim had previously worked with Wiggins although I guess I recall seeing a picture of Jonathan Vaughters and Lim together. I think that we'll see this tour contested all the way until the last day; it's been very entertaining! Too bad for Lance! My hope is that he can either win a stage or put in a very solid team effort to help Levi to the podium
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.