watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, February 20, 2015, 08:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Does anyone recall an FA Cup game in the '60's at the Cottage v Millwall when we were Div 1 and they Div 3. Winning 3-1 (Reg Stratton scored twice!) ended up 3-3 and we lost 2-0 in the replay?

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I was there at both matches. Did Rodney Marsh make his debut in the replay at the Den, or was it John Dempsey.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I think it was Dempsey. Rodney's was against Villa when he scored a wonder goal at the Putney end and was promptly dropped until many games later!! 

092.gif

cmg

Quote from: bog on February 21, 2015, 09:21:38 AM
I think it was Dempsey. Rodney's was against Villa when he scored a wonder goal at the Putney end and was promptly dropped until many games later!! 

092.gif

Superb goal. He was young and leggy with a mod haircut and wore his shirt outside his shorts. We thought we had found a new star. So,naturally, we didn't see him for the rest of the season! When he got back into the team he promptly scored against Leicester but ran into a goalpost which seriously effected his balance or hearing or something and missed the rest of that season.
He was leading goalscorer the season after - but we soon put paid to that by selling him for peanuts to QPR. Good old Fulham! You have to laugh or else you'd spend your life in tears.

bog

Just checked, Dempsey made his debut at left back in a league match. that same season. 

092.gif

Fernhurst

Glorious days watching our own Rodney beat three players take it round the keeper and trip over the ball!!

Such happy day's, ruined when we sold him.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.