watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve McClarens Comments

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 01, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Utter tosh. The players and squad are the worse squad we have had in years. The inconsistency is a sign that they simply are not ready. We have a few good players within that squad who, on a good day, can drag the rest along.

The Derby manager has just seen his team beaten. So he made these nice comments. On our day we are very good. But because we don't have many days, we have to thank the discipline of our new manager in sticking with the side and trying to find a way through our poor form of late.

So one comment and one performance does not change the simple fact. We badly need a few better players. But we may be good enough to stay up and on a good run reach and end up half way.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

McClaren is also covering himself- 'we lost to a team of Prem quality players.'

But there is much quality and potential in our squad - just starting to be fulfilled at the senior level - and Kit is doing a good job managing this potential and bringing it on.

We are a long from storming the division, but there have been many fine performances, including yesterday's, that augur well for the future.

Bracken White

Absolutely no dig from McClaren - or excuses - said it as he saw it. And the better team won, no question or dispute. No daft Fulhamish 'off-day' syndrome either - didn't allow them to play & great tactics well executed.
Woodrow/Rodallega - latter has what 11 goals & still the vitriol pours in. For me, Woodrow to start he's earnt it - bench? Definitely Rodallega - but there's Dembele, Smith & Taggart ... how healthy is that. Even Dembele chased and looked dangerous yesterday - so a good place to be striker-wise. Kit to go? Not even on the cards.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Robbie

I think it has just taken a long time for this squad to get over the nervous breakdown of relegation and almost complete squad rotation.

Bracken White

And Magath meglamania perhaps?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Fernhurst

"Ruiz, McCormack and Parker caused us problems in the middle. Fifth-bottom with the quality they have got? And we are expected to come here and win games. It's always going to be difficult."

It seemed crystal to me yesterday these 3 played at the very top their game and we still require 4 or 5 of similar quality to progress.
Yesterday was an exception , although I would like to think Tuesday's team will replicate yesterday's result at Watford I will be surprised if their power and pace does not see them through.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Bracken White on March 01, 2015, 12:31:26 PM
Absolutely no dig from McClaren - or excuses - said it as he saw it. And the better team won, no question or dispute. No daft Fulhamish 'off-day' syndrome either - didn't allow them to play & great tactics well executed.
Woodrow/Rodallega - latter has what 11 goals & still the vitriol pours in. For me, Woodrow to start he's earnt it - bench? Definitely Rodallega - but there's Dembele, Smith & Taggart ... how healthy is that. Even Dembele chased and looked dangerous yesterday - so a good place to be striker-wise. Kit to go? Not even on the cards.

He might have 11 goals but I should think if Cauley or Smith had started every game
like him they would have that total.....

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2015, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 06:59:54 AM
"Cant understand why Fulham are in the position they are."
"WITH THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE, THEY CAN BEAT ANYBODY."
So to the people on here who think our position is down to the players and
not Kit, what do you think of McClarens Comments?

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Your wrong actually, as everytime McClaren gets interviewed he is I believe
Honest in his opinions..
He has said similar and slagged his own players when not doing so well against
top sides..

You're wrong actually (not your).  It is not about what he said about his own players it is what he says about the opposition and my point was that he is hardly likely to slag off the opposition.  He may or may not be relatively honest about his own players' performance but that was not the point of your post.  I was simply trying to illustrate that another manager's public pronouncement on the quality of our squad is hardly compelling evidence either way.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 01, 2015, 11:56:09 AM
Utter tosh. The players and squad are the worse squad we have had in years. The inconsistency is a sign that they simply are not ready. We have a few good players within that squad who, on a good day, can drag the rest along.

The Derby manager has just seen his team beaten. So he made these nice comments. On our day we are very good. But because we don't have many days, we have to thank the discipline of our new manager in sticking with the side and trying to find a way through our poor form of late.

So one comment and one performance does not change the simple fact. We badly need a few better players. But we may be good enough to stay up and on a good run reach and end up half way.

Whats Utter Tosh?
McClarens comments or my thread on it?.... :023:

Ordar

I thought McClaren was extremely graceful in defeat. Everything he said was fair. He's a great manager, regardless of the England fiasco, and Derby will win the league as many thought before the season.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2015, 12:59:16 PM

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

You're wrong actually (not your).  It is not about what he said about his own players it is what he says about the opposition and my point was that he is hardly likely to slag off the opposition.  He may or may not be relatively honest about his own players' performance but that was not the point of your post.  I was simply trying to illustrate that another manager's public pronouncement on the quality of our squad is hardly compelling evidence either way.

You're our Your what you picking up on a mistake for...
What effin diff does it make...Grow up you d...and you want to use a comma now
and again if your picking on irrelevant things..F......Hillarious

Apprentice to the Maestro

Rather than interpret his comments as being about Kit it is just as easy to interpret them as about the performance of the players.

We haven't seen anywhere near the individual and collective effort we saw yesterday for quite some time. The players have been clearly under-performing whatever Kit's contribution.

The interpretation of McClaren's comments depends on your analysis/prejudice.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 01, 2015, 01:31:55 PM

Rather than interpret his comments as being about Kit it is just as easy to interpret them as about the performance of the players.

We haven't seen anywhere near the individual and collective effort we saw yesterday for quite some time. The players have been clearly under-performing whatever Kit's contribution.

The interpretation of McClaren's comments depends on your analysis/prejudice.

Exactly. The thread is getting a bit messy now but from the time of the original post there have been match reports, stats have been produced and the fog has cleared. Derby have been quoted as being "lacklustre" and putting in a poor performance as a team but both full backs were actually singled out and withdrawn. Did McLaren pick up on this immediately and defused the criticism lining up for him by hailing our experienced Premiership stars. Define experience any way you want but would that would be Parker then? For the rest it was a flirtation.
Certainly the original question regarding the players has a fair amount of evidence to dissect. We have avoided lacklustre in favour of inept, woeful and downright poor so we have had every right to have a go at them, those on the pitch, because the performances have been there for all to see. Should we have criticised Kit? Of course we should as the formation, tactics and stubbornness to change has also been there to see. What do we do simply ignore it all? Is the win yesterday down to a sudden change in attitude and application or was it simply down to a different forward outlet and Parker giving a lesson to the young pretenders? The big No.44 looked like the attacker he is supposed to be and Kavanagh protecting Staf is so long overdue its frightening. Kav for Tunnicliffe any day of the week and is the Fofana love in finally over? Do we observe all this without comment? The team did really well yesterday. The bench did their job as well. Ask the same question after the trips to Yorkshire.

As a slight aside having read all the match reports I am amazed how many of the Derby starlets are not theirs. That might kick them hard where it hurts if they all go back to their parent clubs.  

Burt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 01:09:20 PM

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

You're wrong actually (not your).  It is not about what he said about his own players it is what he says about the opposition and my point was that he is hardly likely to slag off the opposition.  He may or may not be relatively honest about his own players' performance but that was not the point of your post.  I was simply trying to illustrate that another manager's public pronouncement on the quality of our squad is hardly compelling evidence either way.

Less of the bad language and abuse please...

Mince n Tatties

Sorry Burt I Shouldnt have taken the bait.. fp.gif

Twig

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

You're wrong actually (not your).  It is not about what he said about his own players it is what he says about the opposition and my point was that he is hardly likely to slag off the opposition.  He may or may not be relatively honest about his own players' performance but that was not the point of your post.  I was simply trying to illustrate that another manager's public pronouncement on the quality of our squad is hardly compelling evidence either way.

How very adult resorting to swearing when I disagree with you.

Twig

Quote from: Burt on March 01, 2015, 03:08:01 PM

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

By the way, the reason I picked up on your mistake, and I apologise, was that you asked "what do you think..." and when I offered my opinion you retorted with "your wrong" sic.  If you want an opinion, don't then tell me my opinion is wrong.

Skatzoffc

Agreed.

He looked pretty pee'd off to me.
I think he was trying to detract from his team being shockingly bad on the day, compared to their recent form.

Great win tho.
lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2015, 03:50:47 PM

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

By the way, the reason I picked up on your mistake, and I apologise, was that you asked "what do you think..." and when I offered my opinion you retorted with "your wrong" sic.  If you want an opinion, don't then tell me my opinion is wrong.

No you were being clever...Like I said check for commas when you
post as your not as clever as you think.
Personally I type this fast on my phone so I dont really care if it comes
Out not perfect (christ some on here cant spell)...Blah Blah Blah..

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 04:01:51 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2015, 03:50:47 PM

Honest in his opinions..
top sides..

No you were being clever...Like I said check for commas when you
post as your not as clever as you think.
Personally I type this fast on my phone so I dont really care if it comes
Out not perfect (christ some on here cant spell)...Blah Blah Blah..

I have no idea what you are talking about. You are welcome to disagree with my opinion, but I offered it in good faith as your post requested and you simply told me point blank I was wrong.  But anyway, no apology from you for your disgraceful language then.  Big man aren't you?