Main Menu

Steve McClarens Comments

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 01, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

"Cant understand why Fulham are in the position they are."
"WITH THE PLAYERS THEY HAVE, THEY CAN BEAT ANYBODY."
So to the people on here who think our position is down to the players and
not Kit, what do you think of McClarens Comments?

YoungsBitter

There has been a display of that for months, a half of great football followed by an abject display; a great 60 mins bookending by two terrible defensive errors. So as much as everyone has been frustrated the reality is we have been the 'almost' great side of this season. Compare us this season with last 2 - when we are on song! Sadly today was one of few instances when we were on song for 90 mins.
Quark, strangeness and charm

zschwartz

Quote from: YoungsBitter on March 01, 2015, 07:13:47 AM
There has been a display of that for months, a half of great football followed by an abject display; a great 60 mins bookending by two terrible defensive errors. So as much as everyone has been frustrated the reality is we have been the 'almost' great side of this season. Compare us this season with last 2 - when we are on song! Sadly today was one of few instances when we were on song for 90 mins.
agreed... quite a few frustrating errors, lapses, these things add up. it's difficult. 'almost' is the right word. the players are more or less there but making them gel as a team is the problem. yes, sometimes it takes years if you have the benefit of time and players who also acknowledge the potential for something great. I like kit and i like kahn... i liked muelensteen also... incessantly changing managers is going to do more harm than good. but there would be names that I would gladly consider if we're pushed into some panic-bounce scenario. What's roy hodgson up to lately?

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: YoungsBitter on March 01, 2015, 07:13:47 AM

I think it a little unfair to blame the defence. No midfield and little cover for the fullback has meant constant pressure on the backline plus strikers who don't strike. I'd argue that our back four and the goalie had been responsible for more of our victories than the midfield or forwards by keeping us in games we should of been losing.

colinwhite

I agree with macclaren Mincey ,but being able to beat anybody doesn't mean your consistent . Thats down to both kit and the players . We lack height at both ends of the pitch , though Kit doesn't fancy Burn or Smith . We have no balance with Hugo . Woodrow offers much more and i think that showed today .

Kit is not a world beater but has done  a decent job , with a disjointed squad , and although we aren't safe yet look a lot healthier than when he took over . . The worrying thing is that this issue has yet to be addressed despite a transfer window .
I think you can rest at ease that Kit will not remain in charge beyond the end of the season , but in the meantime  he deserves our support .
Who we get in is anybody's guess.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on March 01, 2015, 09:11:31 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 06:59:54 AM

I think that most managers of a table topping team would say something similar to take the pressure off a bit.  What do you expect, "we lost to a team of donkeys who I thought we would trample all over"?

Your wrong actually, as everytime McClaren gets interviewed he is I believe
Honest in his opinions..
He has said similar and slagged his own players when not doing so well against
top sides..

westcliff white

McClaren also said yesterday his team didn't play well and we took advantage.
Every day is a Fulham day

ffc73

McLaren is not wrong in what he says.  With the players we have we should be higher up the table and that is down to both our players and our manager

Equally though I do not recall him saying that when we were hammered 1-5 and 2-5 earlier this season.

I do not know, or care too much, but he may have rotated his squad yesterday and was caught by us playing to our potential.  The subs he made, bringing on 4, 5 & 11, were all stand out players in our earlier games against them & also, due to injuries, Derby finished the game without a recognised no.9 on the pitch.

As I said, do not really care about Derby as I still think they will be automatically promoted.  We won and importantly Millwall lost.

Mince n Tatties

Nobody is answering the question really.
So I make it simple for some of you, his comments in a way were I thought
a little dig at Kit, and with these players we should  be higher up the league.
Still awaiting certain posters who all season have stated the players for our faults,saying
they not good enough, and nobody could do better with them..

westcliff white

I don't think he was having a dig, just trying to explain why his team lost by saying they played a decent team and lost as his team were having an off day. that's how I took the interview I saw

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 09:23:09 AM
Nobody is answering the question really.
So I make it simple for some of you, his comments in a way were I thought
a little dig at Kit, and with these players we should  be higher up the league.
Still awaiting certain posters who all season have stated the players for our faults,saying
they not good enough, and nobody could do better with them..
yes i thought it was a bit of a dig, and he also made out like we just defended for our lives. havent seen the stats, but we looked like we created all the good chances too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

they didnt have a shot on target till the 69th minute apparently

dannyboi-ffc

I didn't see it as a dig, not really sure how to take it to be honest. It could be a dig at kit which would be very petty and spiteful or it could be a compliment.

Managers say it all the time when there's an upset, "I can't believe they are bottom. They're too good to go down"

As for the question, I definitely don't think magath or kit have been anywhere near good enough overall for the squad we have. That doesn't mean I think our squad is fantastic but I do think saying our squad is terrible is just an excuse to bide kit more time.

There's no way we should be this low looking down anyway, maybe midtable looking up.  

I'm still not a fan of kit and want a change in the summer but credit where it's due. He finally changed things whether it was forced or not with hugo being out but it worked. The key now will be whether we see more of the same or revert back to the dross before yesterday.

Woodrow has got to play with smith and dembele on the bench. Hugo dropped completely
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Good Answer Danny... :clap_hands:

HV71

MasterHaynes

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 01, 2015, 09:51:26 AM
The key now will be whether we see more of the same or revert back to the dross before yesterday.
Woodrow has got to play with smith and dembele on the bench. Hugo dropped completely
spot on and we should not renew hiscontract either

snarks

I don't think you drop Hugo completely, the same way that 1 good 90 minute performance means a turn around for the team.

He should definitely stick with the same team (injuries permitting) for the next couple of games and as for the bench well I will leave that to him. I think there was better balance with kav parker and Tunni, after LVC's injury

Nero

Perhaps he knows all his good players are going to leave at the end of the season after they were asked for 1 more season after getting so close last year and he's wanting to jump ship to Fulham and saying how he would have them nearer the top end of the table.

One Martin Thomas

McClaren's right.  Those players should be no where near the bottom of the league.  The players owe us a lot more than they are giving us right now.  It is not disrespectful, but a simple fact.  We've loaned out more talent than a lot of Championship clubs can put on the pitch.

I also agree with Dannyboi !