watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Im Having A Rant..."Beards"

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 01, 2015, 07:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

I kept a short beard a few months ago. I really don't mind having one myself, and for most of the posters on this thread, it seems that they have had beards for years, if not decades. I think the big issue stems from the 'hipster' culture which seems to be prevalent across the UK.

A 'hipster' can be spotted by a combination of factors:

1. Beard. Usually quite large, but well kept.
2. Check shirt. Usually red.
3. Tight trousers which accentuate the lack of musculature in their legs.
4. Thick black-framed glasses.
5. A quiff or combover haircut held in place by huge amounts of hair product.

A good place to spot a hipster is 'The Defectors Weld' pub in Shepherds Bush. They usually drink craft ale.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Holders

It's natural for blokes to have beards, I don't know why some people are so anti.

Besides, shaving is such a pain in the arse.

(Pun intended).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 02, 2015, 09:51:40 AM
I kept a short beard a few months ago. I really don't mind having one myself, and for most of the posters on this thread, it seems that they have had beards for years, if not decades. I think the big issue stems from the 'hipster' culture which seems to be prevalent across the UK.

A good place to spot a hipster is 'The Defectors Weld' pub in Shepherds Bush. They usually drink craft ale.

Excellent....Beckham springs to mind.

King_Crud

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 02, 2015, 10:26:02 AM

Excellent....Beckham springs to mind.

League 1 goalkeepers my mate calls them

rweller86

I'm nearly 30, have a big beard and drink ales including craft beers. However, I am far from hipster.

I don't match points 2-5 though. So maybe you need the full set?

@rweller

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 02, 2015, 07:24:45 AM
Beards are a sign of loose hygiene. I got my wife to shave hers off. Enuff said.

064.gif

NogoodBoyo

Best analysis I've seen for ages.  And it describes me to a T - well, maybe apart from the hairstyle!
Nogood "only wild goose chasing, sheep farming grey beard hipster in the business, isit" Boyo

Vinnieffc

I used to have a Brazilian housekeeper. She was useless at making the beds but very tidy downstairs.

love4ffc

Guess I'm lucky since I have a wife who really doesn't care whether I have a beard or are clean shaven.  So I do what suits my fancy.  Last October grew a beard till Movember.  Then shaved it off and grew a cowboy stash.  Everyone had a good laugh with that one. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2015, 10:12:41 AM
It's natural for blokes to have beards, I don't know why some people are so anti.

Besides, shaving is such a pain in the arse.

(Pun intended).

Your right shaving is a pain in the backside, but so are Haemorrhoids. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steven Ageroad

I'm sure some women read this web site, do you think we could have their opinion on beards.
Me, I can't stand them!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on March 02, 2015, 07:00:36 PM
I'm sure some women read this web site, do you think we could have their opinion on beards.
Me, I can't stand them!

Then try looking at them sitting down, you will feel a lot better.

Never forget your Roots.

win-dup

I hate beards. Only weirdos have them. Those wet slobbering lips through all that facial hair is revolting.

Woolly Mammoth

Beards are not my Cup of tea either. I once met a Russian Woman in a bar in Moscow, with a seven o'clock shadow, who asked me if I had read Marx on Communism, I replied " no I haven't, but I have red marks on my trunk."

Never forget your Roots.

Black, White and Fred

I have a beard because one  I have a bit of a weak chin and two I worked a job for four years where I had to be clean shaven so I am making up for lost time. I find the people that complain about beards tend to be the ones that can't grow them.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Mince n Tatties

I started this thread as I read somewhere last week that a group of students at Hull
University had been for a while carrying out a survey on Hygiene.
It turned out so they say that men with full beards were a lot more unhygienic than clean
shaven men, in most cases men with beards had a slightly more unkept appearence
clothes wise, unpolished shoes, but most of all dirty or long fingernails, and in some cases
suffered from body odour...
Im not for one minute insinuating that the beared posters on here are a scruffy lot... :hook:
Just saying like as im a clean shaven tidy sort of fella, well for most of the week anyway.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 03, 2015, 06:33:03 AM
I once kept a pet Goat that had a Blokey.

I know a bloke that keeps a goat called Ivor..

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Brandon

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 01, 2015, 10:23:42 PM
I have to be honest and say I really don't care what other people do with their chins as long as they are comfortable. People who choose to talk about others looks are welcome to wallow in trivia.

Brialliant

tonynorton

Hahahahhahahahhahahhahaha I have just left the army after 15 years so after having to shave almost everyday for that time I decided to grow mine to give my face a rest hahaha that's I'm excuse anyway..