watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Clearout....

Started by JackyFulham90, March 22, 2015, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Who should remain & stay at Fulham as we look to have a more successful season next year hopefully pushing for the play offs.

For me the players I think the club should let go or look to move on are

Gabor Kiraly
Maarten Stekelenburg
Tim Hoogland
Fernando Amorebieta
Nicolay Bodurov
Ashley Richards (Loan Return)
Kay Voser
Michael Turner (Loan Return)
Thomas Eisfield
Adil Chihi
Bryan Ruiz
Hugo Rodallega
Kostas Mitroglou

I would look in to keeping Konstantinos Stafylidis & Seko Fofana which would leave us a squad of

Marcus Bettenelli
Jesse Jorenen
Jack Grimmer
Dan Burn
Shaun Hutchinson
Cameron Burgess
Sean Kavanagh
Konstantinos Stafylidis
Scott Parker
Ryan Tunnicliffe
Lasse Vigen Christensen
Emerson Hyndman
George Williams
Patrick Roberts
Chris David
Alex Kacaniklic
Seko Fofana
Ross McCormack
Cauley Woodrow
Moussa Dembele
Matt Smith

We certainly need to strengthen our defence for next season. We have some decent players in our squad with 3/4 key additions I think we can do reasonably well next season.

MJG

I'd keep Elsfeld and Bodurov from your go list, and then move Hutchinson on from your keep list.
Fofana might be worth a full year loan and Stafylidis if we can get him for 1.5-2m but no more than that.

If Kit stays expect Burn,  Roberts, David, Eisfeld,  Kaca to all move on plus the ones who's contracts runout.

Ged

Fontana not ours to sell
Plus were not safe yet a few bad results could see us dragged back into the relegation zone so to early to talk about who should stay or leave

Bronaldinho

Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2015, 08:11:59 AM
I'd keep Elsfeld and Bodurov from your go list, and then move Hutchinson on from your keep list.
Fofana might be worth a full year loan and Stafylidis if we can get him for 1.5-2m but no more than that.

If Kit stays expect Burn,  Roberts, David, Eisfeld,  Kaca to all move on plus the ones who's contracts runout.

I believe Burn signed a one year extension? He's here until 2016?

To be honest, he's better than Hutchinson. But Kit loves SH it seems, especially with making him captain yesterday. Which is gutting for us, I really rate Dan Burn and I think he loves the club too. Deserves more of a chance. Well, if Kit leaves at the end of the season maybe he'll get another chance.

Kacaniklic signed a one yeaer extension end of last season didnt he? I think he's here until 2016? But he'll probably get sold if he isn't guaranteed game-time.

Sad to see the likes of Ruiz, Mitroglou etc leaving. Real Quality, sadly that's the downside of the championship.

Probably a controversial statement from me. But I would even look at offloading Parker, considering his wages and the fact he can only play like 1 game a week, we should use his wages to secure Fofana for another season and sign someone else. I'd definitely keep Eisfeld and Fofana, two young central midfielders who are very talented. Just need a regular run in the team, it's just a shame Fofana is so highly rated by Man City that we couldn't take him permanently.

Chris David will be off  I believe and be heading back to Holland on a permanent basis. I agree with the above post about keeping Staf, if the price is right.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Ged on March 22, 2015, 08:14:07 AM
Fontana not ours to sell
Plus were not safe yet a few bad results could see us dragged back into the relegation zone so to early to talk about who should stay or leave

Spelling error, I want Fofana to stay next season I think he will only get better.
Yes we are not safe yet but we are nearly there after yesterday plus we don't have a game for 2 weeks now

MJG

Quote from: Bronaldinho on March 22, 2015, 09:04:14 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 22, 2015, 08:11:59 AM

I believe Burn signed a one year extension? He's here until 2016?

To be honest, he's better than Hutchinson. But Kit loves SH it seems, especially with making him captain yesterday. Which is gutting for us, I really rate Dan Burn and I think he loves the club too. Deserves more of a chance. Well, if Kit leaves at the end of the season maybe he'll get another chance.

Kacaniklic signed a one yeaer extension end of last season didnt he? I think he's here until 2016? But he'll probably get sold if he isn't guaranteed game-time.

Sad to see the likes of Ruiz, Mitroglou etc leaving. Real Quality, sadly that's the downside of the championship.

Probably a controversial statement from me. But I would even look at offloading Parker, considering his wages and the fact he can only play like 1 game a week, we should use his wages to secure Fofana for another season and sign someone else. I'd definitely keep Eisfeld and Fofana, two young central midfielders who are very talented. Just need a regular run in the team, it's just a shame Fofana is so highly rated by Man City that we couldn't take him permanently.

Chris David will be off  I believe and be heading back to Holland on a permanent basis. I agree with the above post about keeping Staf, if the price is right.
As I say only expect those players to go if Kit stays. He's made it clear he does not rate Burn and personally have come to the conclusion that Hutchinson is not good enough to be part of a championship team challenging for promotion.. Which is what we want. His passing is just not up to standard. He'd run through walls for the club, but that's not enough.

grandad

Before we think about who to get shot of we need some idea of what funds will be available for whoever is manager. It is no use getting rid of players only to replace them with others of a similar standard.
Where there's a will there's a wife

dannyboi-ffc

Rather than stafy what about Mings at Ipswich if they dont go up? Has the height and build and seems decent every time ive seen him. With stafy its all about the price.

Agree with the rest of the out list but I wouldnt be too fussed if we kept bodurov who overall has done very well. Haven't decided on Turner yet.

From the keep list I'd move on David who is a good player but clearly has an attitude problem. The fact Jol loved him but Magath and Kit didnt says it all for me. Jol only liked the diva's.

This will raise eyebrows but for a very good price I would definitely sell Mccormack and reuse the money on 3 very good championship players. I'm not sure his type of player is suited to fulham. But again all down to how much clubs are willing to pay. Id take 8 million if we could get it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bronaldinho

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 22, 2015, 09:42:12 AM
Rather than stafy what about Mings at Ipswich if they dont go up? Has the height and build and seems decent every time ive seen him. With stafy its all about the price.

Agree with the rest of the out list but I wouldnt be too fussed if we kept bodurov who overall has done very well. Haven't decided on Turner yet.

From the keep list I'd move on David who is a good player but clearly has an attitude problem. The fact Jol loved him but Magath and Kit didnt says it all for me. Jol only liked the diva's.

This will raise eyebrows but for a very good price I would definitely sell Mccormack and reuse the money on 3 very good championship player. I'm not sure his type of player is suited to fulham. But again all down to how much clubs are willing to pay. Id take 8 million if we could get it

Mings is chased by the highest clubs in the country and I believe they actually rejected £7m for him recently. They want over £10m no chance.

McCormack is vital to this squad, his hard-work and creativity is what's needed. He's a game changer and considering we only pay the £11m if we get promoted, its' not a matter of getting cash back at the moment. We paid £6m upfront that's perfectly fine.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

rubbernecca

It may be early indeed but that's what this board is for! I would keep Bodurov as well, playing alongside Burn. Hutchinson as backup.

Looking at the lists makes it more clear that Kit needs to go. Theres no reason we should be struggling to stay up in the Championship with the players we have.

ron

Agree, no way get rid of Bodurov. No Way.

hovewhite

The Rock

I think if we got rid of 1/2 the team and brought in 4 premier league quality defenders who boss the pitch and kept order and provided service it would allow the current team to do everything we might have hoped for and more.

Classic94

My thoughts:

Out
Gabor Kiraly
Maarten Stekelenburg
Fernando Amorebieta
Kay Voser
Adil Chihi
Ryan Williams
Chris David
Bryan Ruiz
Hugo Rodallega
Kostas Mitroglou

Kiraly, Voser, Williams, Chihi... are deadwood. David has been overlooked by successive regimes and reportedly has an attitude problem. Stekelenberg, Amorebieta, Ruiz, Rodallega & Mitroglou should be sold/released to free up FFP though it will be a shame to lose Bryan.

50/50
Kostas Stafylidis
Jazz Richards
Michael Turner
Dan Burn
Tim Hoogland
Thomas Eisfeld

Stafylidis is erratic but deserves some leeway due to his age and a system which leaves both full-backs incredibly vulnerable. I'd pay no more than 1.5m for him. Richards & Turner have been solid but unspectacular so may be worth a punt if the price is right. Kit doesn't seem to rate Burn or Eisfeld. Their futures could depend on the managerial setup next season though I'd prefer to keep both. Hoogland would be a definite keeper if he wasn't so injury-prone. If he can prove his fitness over the remainder of the campaign and into the summer then his versatility will be an asset.

Keep
Marcus Bettinelli
Jesse Joronen
Jack Grimmer
Sean Kavanagh
Nikolay Bodurov
Shaun Hutchinson
Cameron Burgess
Scott Parker
Ryan Tunnicliffe
Lasse Vigen Christensen
Emerson Hyndman
Seko Fofana
Alex Kacaniklic
George Williams
Patrick Roberts
Ross McCormack
Matt Smith
Cauley Woodrow
Moussa Dembele
Adam Taggart

The first-team is threadbare and inexperienced but we have the foundations of a decent side. We need to build on these foundations. Our plan should be to keep the youngsters whilst adding some serious quality around them. I'm unconvinced by Hutchinson and Tunnicliffe but am willing to give both the benefit of the doubt. Tunnicliffe is one whom I'd expect to kick on next term. We should try to make Fofana's move permanent - or even agree a loan extension. He has so much potential and will not buy a game for his parent club. Perhaps we could loan out Burgess and Dembele/Taggart?

Clearly, the priority must be to improve the defence which has been an embarrassment at times. Since the departure of Aaron Hughes, we have missed a genuine ball-playing CB. However, we should also consider bulking up the CM area. Parker isn't getting any younger and, besides him, we do not have an out and out midfield enforcer. We should also look to bring in a winger or two for the sake of tactical variety. I'm not suggesting we throw 20-30m at players but we need to be sensible and astute with regards to signings. We have suffered 4 or 5 consecutively poor transfer windows and cannot afford another one. Please no more Kiraly, Chihi or Fotheringham-esque signings.

Never again do I want to see us in a position where we have to park the bus away to Huddersfield due to lack of quality & depth in the squad...

aaronmcguigan

Instead of an overhaul, get a fitness and strength regime in for the kids. They've been.in and out of the team and they just need to.toughen up. Likewise the rest of the squad, some are decent but it takes a lot to play championship football

twang

Get a new manager in early and let him run the rule over the squad.

We've got players that don't feature much or not at all that have the potential to be huge successes under different management.

J.Perkins

Would like to keep hold of:

Bettinelli

Bodurov
(Turner)
Kavanagh

Parker
(Kaca)
Fofana
Tunnicliffe
LVC
Hyndman
Eisfeld
Roberts
G Williams

Smith
Woodrow
Taggart
Dembele
McCormack

Black, White and Fred

Gone:

Gabor Kiraly – Should never have been bought.
Maarten Stekelenburg – Big wages and never going to play for us again. Get rid.
Fernando Amorebieta – Boro permanent deal seems likely, if loan works out.
Dan Burn – Though I like him, if he isn't going to play no point keeping him.
Kay Voser – Who?
Adil Chihi – I said who??
Ryan Williams – Never likely to break into the first team
Chris David – Not even playing for his loan team, what is the deal with him?
Bryan Ruiz – Already has one foot out the door
Hugo Rodallega – Too inconsistent and big wages
Kostas Mitroglou – Make some money back, probably only kept him to get a better price this summer. Though I will be annoyed if we sell him back to Olympiakos at a loss.

Keep:

Marcus Bettinelli
Jesse Joronen

Kostas Stafylidis (for right price)
Jazz Richards (for right price)
Nikolay Bodurov
Shaun Hutchinson (not a big fan, but don't see him leaving)
Tim Hoogland (1 year extension)
Michael Turner

Scott Parker
Ryan Tunnicliffe
Lasse Vigen Christensen
Emerson Hyndman
Thomas Eisfeld
Seko Fofana (additional 1 year loan)
Alex Kacaniklic

Adam Taggart
Ross McCormack
Matt Smith
Cauley Woodrow

Loans:

Cameron Burgess
Sean Kavanagh (does not look the finished product yet)
Jack Grimmer
George Williams
Patrick Roberts
Moussa Dembele
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Bronaldinho

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on March 22, 2015, 12:09:32 PM
Instead of an overhaul, get a fitness and strength regime in for the kids. They've been.in and out of the team and they just need to.toughen up. Likewise the rest of the squad, some are decent but it takes a lot to play championship football

Great shout - pre-season should be focused on building body strength, especially on Roberts. If we can bulk them up they will be lethal.
@ABronsSmith

westcliff white

I would keep Mitro if he wanted to stay and play for us, could be the difference maker. Wages will then be an issue I reckon.

Every day is a Fulham day