more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Guthrie and Richard Lee join on loan

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 26, 2015, 05:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beijing ben

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 26, 2015, 11:16:14 PM
Look neither of these players will be with a club at the end of the season. One is retiring the other may be picked up by a lower league side. They are fillers and bench warmers and are not part of any great plan but to cover the players we have until the season ends.

I think Guthrie, assuming that he is fit, will go straight into the starting line up.. Lee on the bench at best..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 26, 2015, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 26, 2015, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 26, 2015, 06:45:07 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 26, 2015, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 26, 2015, 05:39:47 PM
Whats the point of the goalie, unless Betts or Kiraly has picked up
an Injury..

According to some "Betts is nowhere near up to first team football at the moment . . .".

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=46613.msg651872#msg651872"

Betts is, and will be a very good goalkeeper. However, like most of our youngsters, he was thrown in at the deep end, and has been played a little to much for my liking this season. Granted, more games can breed experience, but it can also damage confidence, which has been the case with young Marcus.

The quotes of "Betts is nowhere near up to first team football at the mo" isn't actually that far off, so I'm not quite sure why you're trying to mock other posters?

I am mocking the statement because it isn't true and the attempt to justify it failed with obvious inaccuracies.

Similarly, what evidence do you have to support the statement "but it can also damage confidence, which has been the case with young Marcus"? He seemed to be holding up against Huddersfield.

I thought the post held up well against Huddersfield, Marcus saved a comfortable penalty and a couple of tame shots, but thats about it, nothing to rave about really?

In other games, I've seen Marcus throw balls in the back of net, completely kick balls off the park, and look so nervous that he won't come out and claim balls in his 6 yard area to take pressure off his defense.

However you look at it, and however many fancy words you try to use, the boy was thrown in at the deep end, he wasn't really ready, and in some games this season, he has looked as if his confidence has been shot to pieces.

If Marcus reads your post it's any wonder his confidence may be shot to piece, however, he has been chosen by England so he can't be doing as bad as you seem to think. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Cravenawin

Guthrie has made 2 starts with Reading all season and been on the bench approx 6 times. Hardly a player to help us is he. I could understand it if Reading were miles ahead in the championship as it would seem he was a decent player, but my god, how low have we fallen

St Eve

I don't understand this move at all. It looks like we are absolutely clueless. Oh how I wish this season was really over

MJG

Guthrie has clearly lost his way but he was very promising when he first came on the scene.
We have  couple of months to look at him and make a decision then. We are missing players in that age range and he fits the bill of us picking up players who have lost their way somewhere else.

alfie

Well the player is here at Fulham now and i for one do not intend to slag off any player that has not yet put the kit on let alone kicked a ball for us.

Lets face it When Aaron Hughes joined us i remember Villa fans saying we wasted our money, and again a lot of our own fans put the signing down, the same with Murphy, so how did that turn out for us?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

b+w geezer

Quote from: MJG on March 27, 2015, 06:30:33 AM
Guthrie has clearly lost his way but he was very promising when he first came on the scene.
We have  couple of months to look at him and make a decision then. We are missing players in that age range and he fits the bill of us picking up players who have lost their way somewhere else.
Exactly so, though the difference formerly was they had lost their way at a higher level. Below the prem you are forced to risk more iffy characters -- we had our share in the pre-Fayed era.

There was talk originally of Guthrie coming here from Newcastle. He doesn't lack talent. After seeing how he trains and behaves,  they'll know better if he's worth the risk, as you say. As for Lee, he's plainly a coaching prospect with emergency third goalie potential.  Both loans make sense.

Beamer

Realism check boys and girls. Who exactly do some people expect to be keen to spend the rest of the season in a relegation battle, perhaps Barca would see if Messi fancies a change for a couple of months or maybe Bale will find spring too warm in Madrid. My point is that, for whatever reason, we have brought in a couple of experienced bodies in case they are needed in the run in. Whether they have long term potential is irrelevant at this stage of the season as the priority is survival in this division, pure and simple. Whatever you do now will be damned by some - nothing = clueless, loaning who's available = lack of ambition etc.
Can we just let the management get on with it for now as there is only one priority and worry about next year when we know where we will be playing our football and can make sensible plans accordingly.