watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alex Neil

Started by J.Perkins, April 06, 2015, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

What a fantastic job he has done. 12 wins from 17 games is a superb record. Just shows that it isn't inexperience that is hurting Symons, its his complete lack of tactical ability and discipline.

Bedford White

I think that Norwich retaining 95% of last years squad has also played a part in his success.

epsomraver

Quote from: Bedford White on April 06, 2015, 06:18:57 PM
I think that Norwich retaining 95% of last years squad has also played a part in his success.
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

SouthfieldWhite

I agree, thought Narwich looked decent when they came to us last season and I tipped them and Derby to be in the top 2, don't look like Derby will but still expect Narwich with the squad they have to be promoted

Woolly Mammoth

Please tell me your analyst of the state of both Fulham and Norwich City, as both clubs dropped through the trap door last season, and yet there is a matter of 33 points between the two teams, eleven wins.
So how come they are now in an automatic play off position, and we are flirting with the threat of relegation, and losing badly. Bearing in mind they have also changed their manager mid season.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Fulham ripped the Heart Beat  Torso and Limbs from the team at the end of last season, and couldn't get rid of good players quick enough in their cull. Yet Norwich avoided that scenario and took a more level headed and wise view of their situation, as opposed to Fulhams headless chicken approach.
Just look where teams are now, at opposite ends of the table.
So what is your analyst, what did they do right that we didn't ?, and what did we do wrong that they didn't ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

I must confess when they kept all their squad apart from Snodgrass, (and Fer I believe), I thought they would finish strongly.

They have.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

More down to the manager than that, they were dropping down
the league when he took over, and since he left Hamilton, they won once in 10..
So I think it been more to do with him than the squad, and also getting Dorrans in where
we failed...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 06, 2015, 07:18:52 PM
Please tell me your analyst of the state of both Fulham and Norwich City, as both clubs dropped through the trap door last season, and yet there is a matter of 33 points between the two teams, eleven wins.
So how come they are now in an automatic play off position, and we are flirting with the threat of relegation, and losing badly. Bearing in mind they have also changed their manager mid season.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Fulham ripped the Heart Beat  Torso and Limbs from the team at the end of last season, and couldn't get rid of good players quick enough in their cull. Yet Norwich avoided that scenario and took a more level headed and wise view of their situation, as opposed to Fulhams headless chicken approach.
So what is your analyst, what did they do right that we didn't ?, and what did we do wrong that they didn't ?

To answer your question, they did their homework an got a young ambitious manager
on board, and we employed the gang of 5 to appoint someone who is
Clueless im afraid..

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 06, 2015, 07:18:52 PM
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Fulham ripped the Heart Beat  Torso and Limbs from the team at the end of last season, and couldn't get rid of good players quick enough in their cull. Yet Norwich avoided that scenario and took a more level headed and wise view of their situation, as opposed to Fulhams headless chicken approach.

Think you've answered your own question

MJG

As I keep pointing out... But clearly not very well.... The teams that yoyo like Norwich are better placed to deal firstly with relegation and then keeping a squad together. Wear as  teams who have been  in the PL for a while.. Wigan Fulham,  have struggled to adapt.
Norwich contracts and budgets are based on championship with the PL as a bonus and then new players on contracts that have the required 20-40% reduction needed.
We did clear the decks as we had to even with the 25% reductions we had in place, but as I showed other week,  we were going from around 90m turnover to less than 50m in one go.
If we had kept the squad from last year we would Have been at the top,  but we would also be like QPR looking at serious fines in the coming years.

So keeping 95% of their squad has helped,  because I also suspect that's about 60% of the seasons before team as well.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2015, 07:55:00 PM
As I keep pointing out... But clearly not very well.... The teams that yoyo like Norwich are better placed to deal firstly with relegation and then keeping a squad together. Wear as  teams who have been  in the PL for a while.. Wigan Fulham,  have struggled to adapt.
Norwich contracts and budgets are based on championship with the PL as a bonus and then new players on contracts that have the required 20-40% reduction needed.
We did clear the decks as we had to even with the 25% reductions we had in place, but as I showed other week,  we were going from around 90m turnover to less than 50m in one go.
If we had kept the squad from last year we would Have been at the top,  but we would also be like QPR looking at serious fines in the coming years.

So keeping 95% of their squad has helped,  because I also suspect that's about 60% of the seasons before team as well.

The squad has nothing to do with it, they were mid table when he took over
and look what he has done.He took a club like Hamilton to where they never been before,
and now as ive stated they have won once since he left.
So you can put all your stats and theories to bed, He is obviously a talented Manager..

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 06, 2015, 08:00:39 PM

and look what he has done.He took a club like Hamilton to where they never been before,
So you can put all your stats and theories to bed, He is obviously a talented Manager..
They were 7th just outside off the playoffs,  that's hardly mid-table.

Lighthouse

It is ENTIRELY down to them keeping the same side as last season. We destroyed ours completely and brought in kids and average overseas players. Blame the manager for many things but nobody could make a lopsided, unbalanced, no pace bunch of average at best players play consistently well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2015, 08:28:47 PM

They were 7th just outside off the playoffs,  that's hardly mid-table.

So what about Hamilton's demise without him then?
How about giving the chap a bit of credit, he is 33..And they were 10th or 11th
when he took over...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 06, 2015, 08:36:00 PM
It is ENTIRELY down to them keeping the same side as last season. We destroyed ours completely and brought in kids and average overseas players. Blame the manager for many things but nobody could make a lopsided, unbalanced, no pace bunch of average at best players play consistently well.

Got nothing to do with it..
How come the previous manager couldnt do it with that Squad then.

epsomraver

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 06, 2015, 07:27:25 PM

I must confess when they kept all their squad apart from Snodgrass, (and Fer I believe), I thought they would finish strongly.

They have.

They got rid of their expensive flop as well, wolfswinkle

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: epsomraver on April 06, 2015, 08:42:30 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 06, 2015, 07:27:25 PM

They have.

They got rid of their expensive flop as well, wolfswinkle

Forgot about him, where did he end up?

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 06, 2015, 08:36:56 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2015, 08:28:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 06, 2015, 07:55:00 PMAs I keep pointing out... But clearly not very well.... The teams that yoyo like Norwich are better placed to deal firstly with relegation and then keeping a squad together. Wear as  teams who have been  in the PL for a while.. Wigan Fulham,  have struggled to adapt.
We did clear the decks as we had to even with the 25% reductions we had in place, but as I showed other week,  we were going from around 90m turnover to less than 50m in one go.
If we had kept the squad from last year we would Have been at the top,  but we would also be like QPR looking at serious fines in the coming years.

So keeping 95% of their squad has helped,  because I also suspect that's about 60% of the seasons before team as well.

They were 7th just outside off the playoffs,  that's hardly mid-table.

So what about Hamilton's demise without him then?
How about giving the chap a bit of credit, he is 33..And they were 10th or 11th
when he took over...
Do I really need to show a copy of the league table the day he was appointed?

Mince n Tatties

I really dont care if they were 1st 7th or 27th.
The reason I kept on about it was I Knew you would run off and check
on the Internet to prove you were right..Does your whole life revolve round Stats
And Theories?
Well that aside he must be a f/#/& useless manager then if he only
taken them from 7th...Hillarious

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 06, 2015, 09:01:02 PM
I really dont care if they were 1st 7th or 27th.
The reason I kept on about it was I Knew you would run off and check
on the Internet to prove you were right..Does your whole life revolve round Stats
And Theories?
Well that aside he must be a f/#/& useless manager then if he only
taken them from 7th...Hillarious
No it doesn't but if you are making an argument that he's turned a club from mid-table to top then at least get that part right.

It's clear he's done well with a team which is well established he's given them something extra. But he had a good Base to work from.
I'm really happy for him and it's good that a club has nit taken the usual suspect from the merry go round of managers,  but still early for him and his real test will be next season if they go up.