A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next manager?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, April 06, 2015, 11:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to be Fulham's manager at the start of the next season?

Kit Symons
6 (5.5%)
Steve Bruce
2 (1.8%)
Sam Allardyce
16 (14.7%)
Alan Curbishley
2 (1.8%)
Malkay Mackay
0 (0%)
Mark Warburton
29 (26.6%)
Eddie Howe
22 (20.2%)
Ian Holloway
1 (0.9%)
Danny Murphy
6 (5.5%)
Other
25 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Toby Ward-Smith

I personally would like Warburton or Bruce with Warburton being more realistic as he wouldn't have to move etc. Also I believe we could only get Bruce if Hull come down. I also think Allardyce would be good to sure us up specifically at the back, maybe not play very attractive football but we need stability and Bruce would do that too whilst playing attractive football. Who do you want?

JDH101

Eddie Howe, although not sure he would come to us these days.

H4usuallysitting

Riversider

Michael Laudrup and his entire back room staff.

Pluto

Howe but no chance of him leaving a good thing at Bournemouth to come here

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Bruce signed a new contract a few months ago.

Woolly Mammoth

Eddie Howe for me, if we couldn't get him, perhaps Mark Warburton.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bronaldinho

Alan Pardew...

I'm being ambitious.

Tremendous manager. Would work wonders at this club.

But realistically, Warburton - was very impressed how he always spoke his players when he got given his chance. That's what I like from a manager, hands on approach. Clear why the Brentford side was well drilled and organised.

I'm a Rene M fan, and tbh I wish our club would do everything to give him another shot. Free reign, but clearly Ali Mc isn't a fan.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Domino 1879

Quote from: Riversider on April 07, 2015, 12:14:28 AM

100% agree.
Top, top manager.
His contract in Qatar is up in June.
He has a young family and reportedly wants to get back to UK - London is an attraction.
QPR were after him earlier, but hopefully they will get relegated.
Give him a healthy contract and  a transfer kitty of £30m - thats 6 players x £5m
But we must get him in early to make besrt use of summer re-building.
Coyw

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Domino 1879 on April 07, 2015, 09:25:06 AM

100% agree.
Top, top manager.
He has a young family and reportedly wants to get back to UK - London is an attraction.
Give him a healthy contract and  a transfer kitty of £30m - thats 6 players x £5m
Coyw

Common sense says as soon as we lose to Norwich o nthe final day Kit is made to walk home and Laudrup would be waiting at Motspur Park with a list of new players.

Reality suggests we'll keep Kit until Pre-season, lose to Woking then sign some free players on deadline day.

Edit: MAybe harsh to make Kit walk home, he has been stubborn and fairly ineffective but he's still one of us. He can get on the bus...

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 07, 2015, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: Domino 1879 on April 07, 2015, 09:25:06 AM

100% agree.
Top, top manager.
Give him a healthy contract and  a transfer kitty of £30m - thats 6 players x £5m
Coyw

Common sense says as soon as we lose to Norwich o nthe final day Kit is made to walk home and Laudrup would be waiting at Motspur Park with a list of new players.

Reality suggests we'll keep Kit until Pre-season, lose to Woking then sign some free players on deadline day.

Edit: MAybe harsh to make Kit walk home, he has been stubborn and fairly ineffective but he's still one of us. He can get on the bus...

Presumeably you would't offer him a window seat though?

westcliff white

Bruce, Mackay, Warburton and Holloway not for me.

Benetiz would never come, Howe would not leave Bournemouth now for us (in my opinion we may have got him last summer or when we appointed Kit).

Curbishley and Alladyce are interesting ones as they are probably where we can consider ourselves looking at, Murphy needs to come in as an assistant to maybe an older manager so is then the next logical step after the next manager.
Every day is a Fulham day

shnlwswlkr

Not a chance in hell we could get Howe. Maybe a very slim chance if Bournemouth don't go up.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Apprentice to the Maestro

It is not clear why any of Alladyce, Howe or Pardew would come to Fulham while they are in post and are having success.

It is also unclear why some like Bruce, Alladyce and MacKay would be considered suitable in style for Fulham.

Howe would be a great choice if unrealistic and I would be happy to give Warburton an opportunity as I think he has potential otherwise it would have to be an 'other'.

Getting an experienced manager with potential to keep us in the PL has problems with sustainability and FFP limiting the amount of money available to buy experienced and quality players. Would someone like Laudrup have enough knowledge of players realistically available to us or confidence in Rigg to come to us?

Wimbledon_White

As crazy as it may sound, I personally reckon Kit will get more time from the Board.

If he goes this summer then I believe Curbishley will take the reins.

Berserker

somebody really good that can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Domino 1879

Laudrup has a lot of European experience and commands respect from players. 
He has the contacts to help identify and attract players  - particularly from overseas.
One of the problems we have with FFP is that any decent players in this country are too expensive, they get greedy - or at least their agents do.
Imo we would do better by sourcing some lesser knowns from Europe who are hungry to succeed.

Laudrup seems to be one of thiose managers who can can the best out of players by instilling self belief.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on April 07, 2015, 12:39:15 PM
somebody really good that can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear

I'm not quite sure we qualify as a pig's ear any more - what about a dog's dinner?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

David Allen Crankshaw

Would like to see Kit given another season. He would be able to sign players in the summer of his own choice rather than having to persevere with the lot he inherited.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Domino 1879 on April 07, 2015, 12:40:35 PM
Laudrup has a lot of European experience and commands respect from players.  
He has the contacts to help identify and attract players  - particularly from overseas.
One of the problems we have with FFP is that any decent players in this country are too expensive, they get greedy - or at least their agents do.
Imo we would do better by sourcing some lesser knowns from Europe who are hungry to succeed.

Laudrup seems to be one of thiose managers who can can the best out of players by instilling self belief.

I accept most of this. My concern would be that at Swansea he would have been looking for players to join an established PL side and now is overseas so he is probably not up to date with our target market. Yes, we will almost certainly have to look overseas so We have to hope that he has suitable contacts.