watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit was Right

Started by SouthfieldWhite, April 13, 2015, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Not read this board since Friday's game, but can only imagine what the response has been after theRoss substitution.

I'm going against the grain of the majority that was there to sati didn't have a problem with that sub considering what was at stake.

Ok on any given day, a draw at home to Wigan when not going full out for the win is not good.

But considering the circumstances, a draw was always going to be enough to basically keep us up and sendWigan down.

Didn't want to be going into the boro and Norwich games needing a win.

So although I can understand people's frustration, I still don't think it wasa bad thing to do and didn't deserve the reaction it got

cmg

:033: Shhhhhhhh  :033: (Don't tell the others)

Adi-ffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 13, 2015, 09:20:35 AM
Not read this board since Friday's game, but can only imagine what the response has been after theRoss substitution.

I'm going against the grain of the majority that was there to sati didn't have a problem with that sub considering what was at stake.

Ok on any given day, a draw at home to Wigan when not going full out for the win is not good.

But considering the circumstances, a draw was always going to be enough to basically keep us up and sendWigan down.

So although I can understand people's frustration, I still don't think it wasa bad thing to do and didn't deserve the reaction it got

+ 1

Holding onto the draw was so much more important in the context of the season.

colinwhite

That was surely just the last straw . of course not losing was the most important thing in that particular game . But the fans have put up with some abysmal home performances ,geting stuffed by mediocre teams , and not a clue how to defend .

Lighthouse

There you go. We had all settled down. Things had stopped being thrown and names called. Now you come along and dredge it all up a again.

Well in my opinion. - MODERATORS CENSORED (YEAH EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR OPINION)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Wearethewhites

Still not a fan, regardless if the Ross decision was right. In context, it probably was, but I've seen another 99 odd / poor decision this season that tells me Kit isn't the guy to take this Club forward.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what he's done for the Club, and still hold him in high regards as an FFC player, but as a manager, he is not, and I hope the Club have realised this.

If we give him money and the first 10 games of next season just to prove this, I'll be pretty upset with owners to be honest.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 13, 2015, 10:33:11 AM
There you go. We had all settled down. Things had stopped being thrown and names called. Now you come along and dredge it all up a again.

Not sure if that's aimed at me Lighthouse and if you're being serious????

Peabody

Backing up what Southfield said, just prior to coming off, Ross was standing front of the Riverside, hands on knees looking either knackered or even worse, injured. Just saying, not wishing to upset any of you, but it is a thought.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Peabody on April 13, 2015, 10:55:28 AM
Backing up what Southfield said, just prior to coming off, Ross was standing front of the Riverside, hands on knees looking either knackered or even worse, injured. Just saying, not wishing to upset any of you, but it is a thought.

Not only that Peabody, but I did think Ross had put a shift in especially when dropping back into midfield, so bringing on fresh legs to shore things up wasn't that bad in retrospect

Wimbledon_White

Finally some rational analysis of that substitution! I thought I was the only one who thought this way!

As it stands I think people are being blinded by their dislike of Kit's management. They are criticising even the most innocuous and common sense decisions he makes.

Andy S

On hindsight it was a good decision because it worked. But the best form of defence is attack and I think we were all a little fearful of Wigan scoring, while we might also edge a late winner.

westcliff white

we already had 6 defenders on the pitch, for me it was a poor decision. It showed what mindset we are in as did the initial line up, also for me it could have sent out a message to the other players still on the pitch saying I don't trust you to see this out for a point. If I were Rotherham I would plan for a similar starting line up and think they only want a point so lets pile on the pressure.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 13, 2015, 10:46:52 AM

Sorry, no not being at all serious. Over the weekend we had some 'interesting' debates about the game and Kit's Subs. There was a certain amount of volatile messaging including the fact that I keep on saying the same things in defence of Kit. I made plenty of posts in defence of the subs. So more self abuse (no that doesn't sound right) than any subtle dig at you. Apologise if it came over the wrong way. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 13, 2015, 12:01:39 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 13, 2015, 10:46:52 AM

No problem Lighthouse, my own fault for not having a proper look on here to see if anything of the same stuff had been posted.

As to Westcliffe, as I've said, Ross had put in a big shift , when you get tired, thatsgenerallywhen mistakes are made so didn't have a problem with the substitution like most fans did who were in the ground
Sorry, no not being at all serious. Over the weekend we had some 'interesting' debates about the game and Kit's Subs. There was a certain amount of volatile messaging including the fact that I keep on saying the same things in defence of Kit. I made plenty of posts in defence of the subs. So more self abuse (no that doesn't sound right) than any subtle dig at you. Apologise if it came over the wrong way. 

Barry White

I didn't have too much of an issue with wasting time by making a sub but if he wanted to do that then he should of taken Hoogland off, he was dead on his feet. Also Ross was the only one holding the ball up in any  way, so I know he was tired but was literally our only outlet. Was a bit naïve in my books.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: Barry White on April 13, 2015, 12:27:20 PM
I didn't have too much of an issue with wasting time by making a sub but if he wanted to do that then he should of taken Hoogland off, he was dead on his feet. Also Ross was the only one holding the ball up in any  way, so I know he was tired but was literally our only outlet. Was a bit naïve in my books.

+1

Hoogland failed - he didn't even try - to run back whilst Wigan were attacking on a number of occasions in the last 15/20 mins or so. If anyone needed replacing it was him (and earlier than 92nd minute). 

KevDev

I'm with you southfield, only problem was the sub rushed on too quickly, supposed to have been a time wasting tactic as well.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KevDev on April 13, 2015, 07:19:46 PM
I'm with you southfield, only problem was the sub rushed on too quickly, supposed to have been a time wasting tactic as well.

In that case he should be dropped for the next match, and made to run the line.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

.......and we have another match Wed - so let's keep the best players a bit fresher

Fernhurst

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 13, 2015, 09:20:35 AM

Oh what a Kerfuffle you missed SW.

Lighthouse was Richard the Lionhearted like, swinging his broadsword at those pesky infidels Dannyboi and Mince along with several of their supporters.
I considered wading in and giving him a hand but quickly realised he was more than match with undeniable logic to swat his opponents.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.