watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has today's result

Started by Wearethewhites, April 25, 2015, 07:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Rubber stamped Kit Symon's position as FFC manager for next season, or do you feel the Club will still review his position?

Without turning this thread into another Kit Symon's Witch-Hunt, I'm thankful for what he has done for FFC, but I still feel it will take a bigger, more experienced manager to lead FCC back to the Premiership.

In my eye's, we've got 2 seasons tops to achieve this, otherwise I think we can kiss goodbye to top-flight football for a very long time.

Yes, we've had the debate that experience doesn't always bring success, and that this wasn't Kit's team, he hasn't had any money, etc, etc, etc, but does he have what it takes to rebuild that squad and have us up there competing?

The Fulham in me says I want Kit to do it, but the footballing side of me says that he's not capable and the Club need to replace him.

It's a tough one to think about after days like today, but this is something that the Club will have to approach, soon.   

Lighthouse

I don't think this result will alter anybody's perception. The club I am sure would have decided by now. We have all argued and debated team over manager all season. But the club I would hope have already made that decision.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

shnlwswlkr

He should still go. We were awful defensively. Also, he did have money in January, just didn't want to buy anyone/people he wanted he couldn't buy.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

J.Perkins

Fantastic results, but the glaring errors still remained. Midfield and forwards were very good, the defence was all over the place.

WestCountryWhite

I hope to God not if we learnt anything from Jol pulling the wool over the boards eyes with the Swansea result. It doesn't and shouldn't change anything

ChesterTheTabby

I want Kit to do it - but I fear for my own life for advocating for this with how deeply some on here want him gone. If he leaves the position, he should be the one to step down and stay with the senior team as a coach/mentor, I don't want him to leave FFC entirely.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

He needs to step down,for his sake and ours
Get a proven promotion manger in and back him

Max Headroom

The defence is less of a problem than the midfield. Too often they let opposition midfielders run at our defenders not closing them down.... Our defenders are capable..... Our midfield is a problem

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Max Headroom on April 25, 2015, 08:59:05 PM
The defence is less of a problem than the midfield. Too often they let opposition midfielders run at our defenders not closing them down.... Our defenders are capable..... Our midfield is a problem

That's because we have no wingers, no holding player, two number 10s and a bunch of central midfielders who either want to attack or go walkabout and chase the ball.  We desperately, DESPERATELY need someone with positional discipline to sit and cover our defence as well as at least one winger who is actually a winger.  The make up of this squad is just not conducive to defending solidly as a unit.

FPT

We could really benefit from a philosophy being 'rubber-stamped' onto the football club. We could also really benefit from consistency - with a number of player changes anticipated, is changing the manager just asking too much again? At the end of the day, without the run of form at the start of his reign, we'd have gone down; also, the run of 5 games without loss just now sees us safe officially.

This football club needs to learn, like the players, and like Kit himself. If we keep the core of the squad, allow Kit Symons (in conjunction with Mike Rigg) to remake the sprinklings of it then for that alone we will be better going into the next season. I do honestly believe that Kit Symons can be a good coach for this football club, he understands Fulham, the Fulham way; and he also understands where this football club wants to go. Ok, he's struggled a bit, but he will learn - this is his first proper role and there's no tougher division to start your career.

I would honestly like to see Kit go on holiday, refresh and come back raring to go - a full pre-season is vital in a division where it's rare to have your normal week to prepare. Using general coaching knowledge, between Brentford at home at Rotherham at home we'd have had 6 days to train between 4 matches of football. I get that it's the animal of the game, but he's done alright to salvage something from the season and probably deserves at least the first quarter of the season to have a go.

At times, the football under Kit has been of a very good standard - others not so good, but that sums up Fulham in general in the past few years, at least he was trying to play some good stuff for as long as possible! It's a push-me-pull-you game and at times the players haven't played their part where other players would take it by the scruff of the neck and at least get a couple of results whilst the team isn't playing well. Look at United this year, for so long they were playing woefully but getting results - when we've played poorly, we haven't been able to nick a point on a consistent enough basis. Is that a managerial issue? I don't think so.

Our squad is unbalanced and needs work no matter who is in charge, so why not give the man who has given us another Championship season the chance to have a say in making us a more balanced and stronger side?

To reiterate the point, I would like to see Kit given the opportunity to take these boys into pre-season, work with Rigg to reassemble and add some quality whilst also giving the actual division a go. Maybe before we kick off pre-season, he can work with Alan Curbishley on a closer basis and work out a game plan. It wouldn't surprise me to see Curbs named an assistant to Kit into the new season should he say.

You heard it hear first - it would be nowhere near a disaster if Mr. Symons was allowed the start of the next season.

Texas White

Two years ago a fluke win ar Swansea saved Jol when he should have gone.
Lack of tactics or subs is a gamechanger.

mikestrand

For me Khans best decision so far was to put in place the five man committee
I hope they are given the decision whether to keep our still unproven manager or not.
Their decision will also determine how much time and money I will invest in Fulham next season. Kit is not and never will be a manager capable of Championship promotion.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FPT on April 25, 2015, 09:38:51 PM
We could really benefit from a philosophy being 'rubber-stamped' onto the football club. We could also really benefit from consistency - with a number of player changes anticipated, is changing the manager just asking too much again? At the end of the day, without the run of form at the start of his reign, we'd have gone down; also, the run of 5 games without loss just now sees us safe officially.

This football club needs to learn, like the players, and like Kit himself. If we keep the core of the squad, allow Kit Symons (in conjunction with Mike Rigg) to remake the sprinklings of it then for that alone we will be better going into the next season. I do honestly believe that Kit Symons can be a good coach for this football club, he understands Fulham, the Fulham way; and he also understands where this football club wants to go. Ok, he's struggled a bit, but he will learn - this is his first proper role and there's no tougher division to start your career.

I would honestly like to see Kit go on holiday, refresh and come back raring to go - a full pre-season is vital in a division where it's rare to have your normal week to prepare. Using general coaching knowledge, between Brentford at home at Rotherham at home we'd have had 6 days to train between 4 matches of football. I get that it's the animal of the game, but he's done alright to salvage something from the season and probably deserves at least the first quarter of the season to have a go.

At times, the football under Kit has been of a very good standard - others not so good, but that sums up Fulham in general in the past few years, at least he was trying to play some good stuff for as long as possible! It's a push-me-pull-you game and at times the players haven't played their part where other players would take it by the scruff of the neck and at least get a couple of results whilst the team isn't playing well. Look at United this year, for so long they were playing woefully but getting results - when we've played poorly, we haven't been able to nick a point on a consistent enough basis. Is that a managerial issue? I don't think so.

Our squad is unbalanced and needs work no matter who is in charge, so why not give the man who has given us another Championship season the chance to have a say in making us a more balanced and stronger side?

To reiterate the point, I would like to see Kit given the opportunity to take these boys into pre-season, work with Rigg to reassemble and add some quality whilst also giving the actual division a go. Maybe before we kick off pre-season, he can work with Alan Curbishley on a closer basis and work out a game plan. It wouldn't surprise me to see Curbs named an assistant to Kit into the new season should he say.

You heard it hear first - it would be nowhere near a disaster if Mr. Symons was allowed the start of the next season.

I've been advocating the same sentiments...wouldn't say you've heard it first lol. However, I love your response and I concur wholeheartedly. Well said!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

mikestrand

Quote from: FPT on April 25, 2015, 09:38:51 PM

Not getting promoted next season wouldn't be the end of the world, but would be a financial disaster for our club, Kit had his transfer window, blew it and we flirted with relegation as a result.
The man is simply not ready for this level of management.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FPT

Quote from: mikestrand on April 26, 2015, 02:18:59 AM

Not getting promoted next season wouldn't be the end of the world, but would be a financial disaster for our club, Kit had his transfer window, blew it and we flirted with relegation as a result.

Although I agree with the sentiment, did Kit have his transfer window? I'm sure I heard that the club would rather wait for expenditure in the summer because it's a lot easier to calculate - also were we waiting for Mike Rigg to join us officially? And what about the players simply not being available? There's too many extraneous variables for me to say conclusively that Kit Symons had a transfer window. Mike Rigg joined us and we brought in Michael Turner, Danny Guthrie and James Husband - that's really positive for me and another sign that the football club has learned and the right man is in charge of making footballing decisions.

mikestrand

Quote from: FPT on April 26, 2015, 12:21:15 PM

Although I agree with the sentiment, did Kit have his transfer window? I'm sure I heard that the club would rather wait for expenditure in the summer because it's a lot easier to calculate - also were we waiting for Mike Rigg to join us officially? And what about the players simply not being available? There's too many extraneous variables for me to say conclusively that Kit Symons had a transfer window. Mike Rigg joined us and we brought in Michael Turner, Danny Guthrie and James Husband - that's really positive for me and another sign that the football club has learned and the right man is in charge of making footballing decisions.
To be honest I don't think it matters either way as I haven't seen anything that would suggest Kit being tactically astute enough at this level,
which is a shame because I really wanted him to succeed

Berserker

The result hasn't changed my opinion
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hovewhite

Quote from: FPT on April 26, 2015, 12:21:15 PM

Im torn about kit because hes one of our own and would love to see him succeed,also I feel he has learnt as the seasons progressed and backed by rig he may still be the man to lead Fulham to happier times still.

Woolly Mammoth

Now that the dust has settled, and we are clear of being relegated.
It's not just the fact that we flirted with relegation since the new year. It's the mediocre brand of football served up. The failure to identify and make changes during a match in Fulhams favour, the tactical floors. The use of substitutions, and the clear lack of Leadership that concerns me.
Plus we had our fair share of good fortune in certain games we won or drew, when we should have been comfortably beaten, like in a large amount of matches this season. But now we find ourselves on a six match unbeaten run, soon to be extended to seven I hope.
Bizzare.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.