A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Fulham manager?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, April 26, 2015, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to be in charge at the start of the 15/16 season?

Kit Symons
Mark Warburton
Sam Allardyce
Steve Bruce
Mick McCarthy
Alan Curbishley
Other

snarks

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 27, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
Quote from: snarks on April 27, 2015, 10:01:56 AM
For those pro allerdyce, just look at his teams, not one for bringing through the youth, and if Fulham have such a strong acadamy why would you want to throw that away.

Also the West Ham and Bolton teams he got promoted, it was not fast attractive football.

As for Macarthy, you can't say they have a team from nothing, it is his 3rd season (2 2/3 really) he finished 14, then 9, now who knows, that is not instant success.

Oh and he took over an Ipswich team with more points than Kit did at Fulham.

Yes Kit should be allowed to build his team, he knows that the defence is sh!t, he knows that the midfield isn't working. However you can only work with what you've got and he didn't have much.

Its a valid point about Sam's failure to bring through youth and that was the main reason I was keen for Kit to get the chance after Magath. But can you honestly say Kit has used the kids well enough?

Roberts rarely even play for the U21's let alone the first team, against porto he looked so rusty and off the pace that it didnt look like he had any potential or class. Very badly managed in my opinion and if he fails to sign a new deal I think Kit has cost us millions by not developing him or showing him off to potential buyers.

Dembele again is wasted, rather than wasting 3 months loaning out Smith twice he should have loaned out Dembele to someone like MK Dons just for the experience, something U21's cant teach you.

Woodrow had to wait a ridiculous amount of games until hugo was finally dropped and immediately proved his worth vs derby but then hardly played again since.

Burn was dropped for months and since his return we have gone 5 games unbeaten. Ok we still leak goals but that seems a funny coincidence.

LVC to kits credit has become a superstar for us and I put that down to Kit developing him but then he was so over played and not managed properly that he burned out and always injured.

Kavanagh out of all the kids amazes me, I wont go into it again but I dont see any justifiable reason why he is ready and the others arent.

We have no width yet Kit loans out our only true winger in George. He has a maturer build than roberts and was ready to be part of the team even as an impact sub.

Bettinelli is only young, why wasnt an experienced role.model brought in to help out and give kit the choice of taking him out of the firing line. Betti will come good but even Joe Hart needed time away to regroup and be refreshed. Since sunderland he has been a liability.

The only one I think he has got right is Grimmer, nice balance between playing and resting because he isnt quite good enough.

So for me even the man who worked with these kids hasnt done them justice. Its very hard to find that manager who gets the right balance. I am pretty confident Sam would take us closer to promotion than the other names but like all things its only a guess. No one knows for sure

Fair to a point, some of the Kids would be better suited to the prem, which isn't so physical. I agree over Roberts, but he did look very light weight against teams when he played this year, next season at a year older and with more strength work, he could be good in this division.

Artherworry has played well on loan (according to reports), and may be the centre back the team need. Whilst I like Burn, he is a little slow on the turn, but if Fulham don't bring Turner back, he and Hutch could be good together. As for LVC, I'm not sure we should be blaming anyone but the medical staff who said he was ready to play.

Moussa should have been a loanee I agree, but if no one asked for him, he can't go anywhere. I would like him to get more game time too, prefer him to Cauley to be honest. Cauley needs to decide what he's going to be. I don't think he's a goalscorer, but he is a player that has a great work ethic and defends from the front, but if he doesn't get goals.

However, Allerdyce doesn't necessarily bring decent players with him, however you will get Nolan and Jaaskalinen. No youth, no skill just direct one dimensional football. It would not be for me. I'd still be at the games as I will with who ever is manager, but if I had a choice I'd say no. He's one of the highest paid managers (I think 6th or 7th) at £2.2 Million in the prem.