A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next Fulham manager?

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, April 26, 2015, 09:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to be in charge at the start of the 15/16 season?

Kit Symons
Mark Warburton
Sam Allardyce
Steve Bruce
Mick McCarthy
Alan Curbishley
Other

Toby Ward-Smith

Who do you want to takeover for the start of the season or do you want Kit to stay? I have only put realistic options on the poll.

Andy S

I think Kit will be there. If you judge what he has done since he took over then you have to admit he has done a reasonable job. It has been hairy but he has succeeded in keeping us in this league, which looked a bit dodgy a few weeks back. I think that the coaching set up needs some work done. I think the playing staff requires some improvement but over all Kit should be given the chance to mould a team that can be pushing at the other end of the league. If he is given the resources I think he can do that.  

Ordar

I have a very bad feeling that Kit is going to be given another year. Allardyce is he stand out candidate, and would get us promoted and stay up.

For all those aposed to another manager change, Watford changed their manager 4 (four) times this season and will likely win the division. Don't stick with a poor manager because you're scared of change. Symons is a terrible manager

absent cottager

Watford have a very different structure of ownership and no doubt this ripples down to how the manager operates, or how much pressure they feel to perform, also Watford will be back down next year, kit has done a reasonable job and deserves more time to make the squad his own, and train tactics and formations, as someone else pointed out there is not much room to do this when playing 3 games a week, when you take resting and injuries into consideration, that's why a preseason is so important especially in this league... Rome wasn't built in a day

HV71

Rome may not have been built in a day but anyone who has read MJGs financial analysis should realise that the one thing we haven't got is time. Not , that is, if we don't want the task of getting back into the premier league any harder.

On an emotional level I can totally understand why some people want to give Kit time . I wanted him to succeed. We also all have different acceptance levels of what is success - we all draw the line in different places.

On a business level and a football level ( in terms of experience, tactics , his ability to react change things during a game etc ) I just don't think he is worth the risk . We can't afford to wait for him to make the grade .

filham

Bearing in mind that Kit has spent no money in the transfer market and the  bad form of the inherited team he hasn't done badly

Kit deserves another season but our squad size needs to be reduced and a few really good players need to be signed, not just squad players but players that will be automatic choices in their positions week in week out.

St. Andrews White

Missing Adkins who I reckon'll be our next manager. Cheap, knows how to get promoted with youth and highly rates by Southampton fans. I'd prefer Allardyce but he'd be my second choice.
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

mikestrand

0001.jpeg
Quote from: HV71 on April 26, 2015, 11:04:26 AM
Rome may not have been built in a day but anyone who has read MJGs financial analysis should realise that the one thing we haven't got is time. Not , that is, if we don't want the task of getting back into the premier league any harder.

On an emotional level I can totally understand why some people want to give Kit time . I wanted him to succeed. We also all have different acceptance levels of what is success - we all draw the line in different places.

On a business level and a football level ( in terms of experience, tactics , his ability to react change things during a game etc ) I just don't think he is worth the risk . We can't afford to wait for him to make the grade .
0001.jpeg I wouldn't even class it as a risk, its a certain fail as there are at least ten managers in this league better than Symons.

SuffolkWhite

Someone else would be good but who I have no idea, Adkins isn't a bad shout but if we end up with Allardyce then I will support whoever is in until I feel the team is not progressing.

I do feel sorry for Kit as he has not brought in the players he wants as yet and he had a baptism of fire to be fair, but the tactical aspects of his management scare the life out of me.

I just want us challenging for a top six finish next season.

The squad needs about ten proven Championship players added so all players are competing in the squad. That may help whoever the manager is!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

grandad

Rather pointless question as it all depends on what funds will be available under the FFP rules. No point changing manager if any on your list are told they only have proceeds from sales to spend. They would not be interested in coming here.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Yamus

Kit needs somebody to teach him tactics, so why not have that somebody as the manager.

dannyboi-ffc

I cant see past Allardyce now to be honest, I was so against ever appointing anyone like him last year but circumstances have changed dramatically. I think the job is so big now thanks to Magath that it can only really be fixed by a big character who has a wealth of experience and knowledge of English football. There is never a guarantee with any manager and it is only an opinion to say Kit wont do better, there's no way of knowing but most sensible footballing decisions are made based on a law of averages and on paper Big Sam is so much further ahead than the other names that it makes him the obvious choice.

Jol was a bad choice because he didn't get Fulham, how can you when your CV boosts clubs like Ajax, Hamburg and Spurs. Felix had no clue about English football despite the glory and no relegations record he held in Germany. Rene came from being a number two for the biggest club in the world and for the greatest manager English football has ever seen to managing a very average Fulham team. Kit is Fulham through and through but that overshadows just how inexperienced he is and how much he has to learn still before being ready for a job like ours. Changing manager so often is embarrassing and is becoming ridiculous but I don't think the fans or the club have been wrong in sacking or demoting Kit if they do. They were all just dreadful appointments and if Kit does go the next one has to be the right one or at least the most sensible rather than the smart choice of a "coach" or a "dictator" just to look clever and fancy.

Not only would Sam be the most likely to get us promoted but he would also be the best at attracting good enough players to the club and most importantly he would be the best man to keep us up. That is the key for me, no other name including Bruce or Mccarthy can guarantee anything once you get to the premier league but Sam pretty much can. And he did with Bolton and west ham. I bet Newcastle and Blackburn regret sacking him, both were relegated the same season after sacking him early. These aren't clubs a million miles away from what we could be. Newcastle are massive but on the pitch reaching their level isn't impossible.

Its a no brainer for me, splash the cash sensibly and lets give it a good go next season
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

BestOfBrede

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 26, 2015, 11:48:23 AM
I cant see past Allardyce now to be honest, I was so against ever appointing anyone like him last year but circumstances have changed dramatically. I think the job is so big now thanks to Magath that it can only really be fixed by a big character who has a wealth of experience and knowledge of English football. There is never a guarantee with any manager and it is only an opinion to say Kit wont do better, there's no way of knowing but most sensible footballing decisions are made based on a law of averages and on paper Big Sam is so much further ahead than the other names that it makes him the obvious choice.

Jol was a bad choice because he didn't get Fulham, how can you when your CV boosts clubs like Ajax, Hamburg and Spurs. Felix had no clue about English football despite the glory and no relegations record he held in Germany. Rene came from being a number two for the biggest club in the world and for the greatest manager English football has ever seen to managing a very average Fulham team. Kit is Fulham through and through but that overshadows just how inexperienced he is and how much he has to learn still before being ready for a job like ours. Changing manager so often is embarrassing and is becoming ridiculous but I don't think the fans or the club have been wrong in sacking or demoting Kit if they do. They were all just dreadful appointments and if Kit does go the next one has to be the right one or at least the most sensible rather than the smart choice of a "coach" or a "dictator" just to look clever and fancy.

Not only would Sam be the most likely to get us promoted but he would also be the best at attracting good enough players to the club and most importantly he would be the best man to keep us up. That is the key for me, no other name including Bruce or Mccarthy can guarantee anything once you get to the premier league but Sam pretty much can. And he did with Bolton and west ham. I bet Newcastle and Blackburn regret sacking him, both were relegated the same season after sacking him early. These aren't clubs a million miles away from what we could be. Newcastle are massive but on the pitch reaching their level isn't impossible.

Its a no brainer for me, splash the cash sensibly and lets give it a good go next season
Are you writing this from your honeymoon?
If so, shouldn't there be other, erm, more interesting things you could be doing?
:021:
Congratulations by the way!

nose

i think kit deserves to start next season.....  i know all his short comings but a change may be for the worse..... if we do make a change it has to be somebody top notch

absent cottager

Ok so allardyce comes in, and then brings about another massive Change in playing personnel, trains them up to 'get up and at em' in the big sam mould and we punch and kick our way to the playoffs maybe get promoted maybe not, having probably not seen much semblance of the style of football that as fulham fans we generally enjoy, to say we don't have a style or a fulham way of playing is probably fair over the last few seasons but even with Kits teams we have seen glimpses this season of the kind of good passing fluid and fair football that I for one enjoy seeing. And with a good midfield signing or three and a fit LVC things could be very different.  I can remember seeing Bolton playing when sam was there and thinking God I couldn't pay to watch that crap every week, the west ham fans are by in large having delusions of grandure at their status but they and the notoriously fickle Newcastle lot have opinions of his style in common, in that it's negative, old fashioned and quite often set up to stop the opposition playing, by fair or foul and not to outplay them.

nose

Quote from: absent cottager on April 26, 2015, 12:55:51 PM
Ok so allardyce comes in, and then brings about another massive Change in playing personnel, trains them up to 'get up and at em' in the big sam mould and we punch and kick our way to the playoffs maybe get promoted maybe not, having probably not seen much semblance of the style of football that as fulham fans we generally enjoy, to say we don't have a style or a fulham way of playing is probably fair over the last few seasons but even with Kits teams we have seen glimpses this season of the kind of good passing fluid and fair football that I for one enjoy seeing. And with a good midfield signing or three and a fit LVC things could be very different.  I can remember seeing Bolton playing when sam was there and thinking God I couldn't pay to watch that crap every week, the west ham fans are by in large having delusions of grandure at their status but they and the notoriously fickle Newcastle lot have opinions of his style in common, in that it's negative, old fashioned and quite often set up to stop the opposition playing, by fair or foul and not to outplay them.
and in the premiership which we are not
we have fallen a long way for me to say if it was sam at least i would have confidence he knows what he is doing and will get the best from the squad...... i agree i used to say no way do i want him, but the alternative we have seen is worse.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Ordar on April 26, 2015, 10:14:21 AM
I have a very bad feeling that Kit is going to be given another year. Allardyce is he stand out candidate, and would get us promoted and stay up.

For all those aposed to another manager change, Watford changed their manager 4 (four) times this season and will likely win the division. Don't stick with a poor manager because you're scared of change. Symons is a terrible manager

:plus one:

Imo:-

anyone but Kit.
He is hopeless tactically and the players know it.

He has done well enough to keep us up, but more by luck than judgement.
Well done Kit but let's have a Taxi now please.

I don't agree the squad is anywhere near as bad as people say on here.
A half decent tactician and we would have been safe weeks ago.

And we wouldn't have conceded half the shed load of goals we have so far.
An absolutely shocking season!

Don't get me wrong, it's not all his fault.
As I've said before the management of this club has been dreadful the last couple of years.

Time to move onward and upward
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 26, 2015, 12:33:12 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 26, 2015, 11:48:23 AM

Are you writing this from your honeymoon?
If so, shouldn't there be other, erm, more interesting things you could be doing?
:021:
Congratulations by the way!

Haha not quite honey moon time yet, still got an hour or two for FOF! Thanks BOB!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SmithyFFC

Allardyce= winning football. Simple as.
FTID

spoonffc