more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our last home game under Kit Symons....

Started by Nick Bateman, April 28, 2015, 02:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

....was one of the most exciting!!

Even though there were terrible errors littered about the pitch, and Betten-not-on-your-nelli decided to make it more exciting by gifting the opposition all three of their goals, it made for a great day's entertainment (because we won, not so great for 'Boro I'd wager).

It just shows when Kit Symons finally grows a pair, as they say, and embraces a more attacking philosophy in line with Fulham's natural style, we go down fighting and one wishes he had done this more often, taken that risk, but ALWAYS played as attacking as possible.

Wasn't pleased with taking off Ruiz who linked everything and the omission of Smith to give his out-of-form favourite Hugo "Rod" Laver a run out, but in the end it was a bit of a roller-coaster and quite enjoyable!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

st andrews

Smith didnt start because he picked up a injury in the last game

Vinnieffc

Aaaghh Nick. You're right again ! But I'd stick with Betts. Had a bad afternoon but been better than most this season

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 28, 2015, 03:29:16 PM
It would be nice to get a positive result and an encouraging performance at Carriw Road, to extend the unbeaten run to Seven Matches, and finish the season on a better note than we started.

kit may stay on next season on the back of an unbeaten run. everyone is assuming he will be sacked.

Fulham1959

Bettinelli did NOT gift the opposition 3 goals.  Get off his back, for heaven's sake.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 28, 2015, 04:45:59 PM
Bettinelli did NOT gift the opposition 3 goals.  Get off his back, for heaven's sake.

The first, a tame shot from long range, went through his hands.  The second he FLAPPED, when he was under no pressure for them to score.  The third he was caught in "no man's land", indeed, I thought his confidence had suffered after the first one that affected the rest of his game.

Should have been taken off for Pyjama pants Kiraly.

We need better while he learns.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 28, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 28, 2015, 04:45:59 PM

The first, a tame shot from long range, went through his hands.  The second he FLAPPED, when he was under no pressure for them to score.  The third he was caught in "no man's land", indeed, I thought his confidence had suffered after the first one that affected the rest of his game.

Should have been taken off for Pyjama pants Kiraly.

We need better while he learns.
Spot on regarding the first error consuming his confidence. He knew it was a mistake and unfortunately it got the better of him for the rest of the game.
I don't agree that we need to replace him, though.
That would send all the wrong signals and possibly affect him going forward.

JDH101

Kit didn't grow a pair and play attacking football. Boro went all out for the win, quite rightly given their position at the time, and consequently left gaping holes at the back.

They made us look good.

NJFulham

i like how nick turns on betinelli after his 1st legitimately bad match.

love4ffc

Bett is turning out to be a true diamond in the ruff from this squad.  Yes he had a bit of a bad game but he can't solo be blamed for the three goals.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jem

Nick says Nick Bateman "knows his footie" yet suggests that Bettinelli should have been by Kirali. Somehow the two do not compute!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 28, 2015, 04:02:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 28, 2015, 03:29:16 PM
It would be nice to get a positive result and an encouraging performance at Carriw Road, to extend the unbeaten run to Seven Matches, and finish the season on a better note than we started.

kit may stay on next season on the back of an unbeaten run. everyone is assuming he will be sacked.

Well he may be given more time on the strength of this unbeaten run, but I would be surprised. as the performances have not really matched some of the results, which have been flattering. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: NJFulham on April 28, 2015, 07:29:57 PM
i like how nick turns on betinelli after his 1st legitimately bad match.

It wasn't his first, he had a few stinkers.
Has a lot to learn yet...But plenty of time, goalies get better with age..

Andy S

Yes they do but Betts is not there yet by a long shot. However he will have learned a lot this season and I hope it puts him in good shape for next season. I would love schwarzer to come b ack as goal keeping coach as I believe he could teach Betts a lot, like practicing at half time to keep him sharp. Positioning as well as communicating with his defenders. Kiraly is not a good enough keeper to coach let alone be our number two. We have other good young keepers coming through that will also need help