watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

See Ya Millwall

Started by Buffalo76, April 28, 2015, 10:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Enjoy your 4000 crowds next season. Probably get to the final of the crown paints johnsons paint dulux paint micky mouse cup final where 40,000 'fans' will suddenly come out of the woodwork. Scum.

Rhys Lightning 63

Genuinely feel bad for Wigan being relegated, a lovely away day. Millwall... well...not so much. Further down the pyramid they go the better
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

LBNo11

...I know a few Millwall, yes they have more than most when it comes to the wannabe hooligan type, but much of the hooligan element did time after the infamous Birmingham riot and were banned from the club, those that remain that live up to the old reputation are not as many as people think. Anyway, they were great when they came to us, they've not axe to grind with us. Yes I know and experienced the run ins in the 60's and seventies they were not great, but things change.

Sad to see Wigan drop so spectacularly, in effect doing what we did in 1968 and 1969 with successive relegations, and who cannot feel sorry for the Blackpool fans who are being subjected to scandalous behaviour by a litigious owner approved by the ruling body of the sport.

Let's just be grateful that we survived this time round...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

davew

I wouldn't wish relegation on any team!! We should feel very, very fortunate that we stay in our league for another season, we have been so bad but at least there were 3 other teams more awful than us!! Next year we might be reading adverse comments about our relegation, so don't knock the unfortunate ones, just count our chickens we live to fight another season!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Two seasons ago cup winners and in the Prem. Good side on paper. Very sad for Wigan. Although the result tonight means Reading will stay below us now. We can only be caught by Bolton.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

It could so easily have been us. I think Millwall took 4 points off is as well

Woolly Mammoth

As my Dog use to do, and use to say to me.
"If you love something, urinate over it ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on April 29, 2015, 02:54:30 AM
It could so easily have been us. I think Millwall took 4 points off is as well

We sailed far too close to the Wind for comfort.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Quote from: davew on April 28, 2015, 10:34:29 PM
I wouldn't wish relegation on any team!! We should feel very, very fortunate that we stay in our league for another season, we have been so bad but at least there were 3 other teams more awful than us!! Next year we might be reading adverse comments about our relegation, so don't knock the unfortunate ones, just count our chickens we live to fight another season!

:plus one:

bobbo

Well said davew it so easily of been us . I lived through the last one in the sixties/seventies. I would not rub it in , I remember only too well how I felt last season.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Blanco

To be fair to Millwall their supporters will follow them whatever division they are in.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Buffalo76 on April 28, 2015, 10:00:05 PM
Enjoy your 4000 crowds next season. Probably get to the final of the crown paints johnsons paint dulux paint micky mouse cup final where 40,000 'fans' will suddenly come out of the woodwork. Scum.

064.gif

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 28, 2015, 10:04:13 PM
Genuinely feel bad for Wigan being relegated, a lovely away day. Millwall... well...not so much. Further down the pyramid they go the better

Didn't you say get rid of all the Northerners??

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Blanco on April 29, 2015, 08:33:17 AM
To be fair to Millwall their supporters will follow them whatever division they are in.

I'm fairly sure they averaged around 8,000 in League 1 before promotion back to the Championship. I expect a similar thing to happen. Same as what happens to all clubs relegated, some more than others.

ron

Quote from: davew on April 28, 2015, 10:34:29 PM

:plus one: gloating doesn't become us......

HillingdonFFC

Actually gutted they went down. Know a few Millwall and they're good blokes. One guaranteed bumper crowd gone, they brought 5500 to our place and they were good as gold, also a decent local away day with brilliant pubs around London bridge

SuffolkWhite

I think it a shame Millwall and Wigan have gone but relieved it ain't us. Never had a problem with Millwall and it's a pity we wont have that London derby now.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

colcliff

Millwall brought a big crowd to the cottage
I didn't see so many from Wigan and Rotherham plus not as far to travel sorry to see them relegated
apart from QPR i would always rather see a northern team relegated

sumofallparts

I agree with 2 views here, one that I wouldn't wish relegation on anyone - it's a horrible experience for the ordinary fans to deal with. Secondly, when Millwall came to the Cottage they were ok. Talked to loads, all seemed decent folk, passionate about their club.
I think time and history has moved on now. Yes they had a dubious past. But it was a long time ago.