watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

As much as I'm not keen on Richards he's here now and don't see need for another right back

Craven Mad

Connor Wickham to Crystal Palace.

Massively speculative, but surely that puts Gayle even closer to the door...

VamosFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 30, 2015, 06:16:09 PM

Sky Sports declaring a fee has been agreed between Palace and Sunderland.

Lets hope that gives Gayle another nudge in our direction.

Craven Mad

Tom Lees gets a 4-year contract extension with Sheffield Wednesday.

Scratch that name off the list then...

Walsh

I think we'll just go full blown for Dunk, after watching Kit's interview it makes me feel that he wants them in by Tuesday latest, just due to him wanting new defenders for the start of the season.

ToodlesMcToot

Hopefully Turner back in on loan as well. His experience alone would be well worth the loan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

horse1031

Everytime I watch Connor Wickham I think he is a really good striker.  He is really big and is technical on the ball.  Now, 10 million for him seems a little steep.

f321ffc

Kevin McDonald not in the Wolves squad for Doncaster game, 2 + 2 = 5????? 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Northern Cottager

Quote from: VamosFFC on July 31, 2015, 04:42:40 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 30, 2015, 06:16:09 PM

Sky Sports declaring a fee has been agreed between Palace and Sunderland.

Lets hope that gives Gayle another nudge in our direction.

Glenn Murray leaving as well though. May keep him.

ToodlesMcToot

Quick question:

Assuming that Kit rated Smith and actually used him regularly as he did toward the end of last season (to good effect, I'd add), is Gayle really more of a scoring threat?

It appears to me that Smith is a double digit goal scorer who could pitch in with 15 goals or so, if we made the best use of him. We seemingly did late in the season prior and that didn't appear to impact Ross's contribution negatively.

Is Gayle truly a "need" player? Or is he more of a "it'd be great to have him as well" player?

Nero

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 31, 2015, 06:10:25 PM
Quick question:

Assuming that Kit rated Smith and actually used him regularly as he did toward the end of last season (to good effect, I'd add), is Gayle really more of a scoring threat?

It appears to me that Smith is a double digit goal scorer who could pitch in with 15 goals or so, if we made the best use of him. We seemingly did late in the season prior and that didn't appear to impact Ross's contribution negatively.

Is Gayle truly a "need" player? Or is he more of a "it'd be great to have him as well" player?

with ross, smith, woodrow, tagget and delembe is he needed

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Nero on July 31, 2015, 06:28:48 PM
Quick question:

exactly. with our current group of forwards, Gayle looks more like a luxury than a need. now if the intent is to loan one or more out then, i could see the need.

I'm hopeful that we are paying far more attention to our needs in central defense

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 31, 2015, 06:33:26 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 31, 2015, 06:28:48 PM
Quick question:

exactly. with our current group of forwards, Gayle looks more like a luxury than a need. now if the intent is to loan one or more out then, i could see the need.

I'm hopeful that we are paying far more attention to our needs in central defense

Gayle offers something none of those possess and that's blistering pace. We've had a shortage of quick players for some time.

Wearethewhites

Gayle a luxury??! Oh please, he would score goals and skin players for fun in the Championship, and an addition I'd happily welcome at FFC. To get anywhere near challenging for promotion, we need 3 strikers all contributing with double figures. To date, we've yet to replace Hugo's goals, and there is no guarantee's that either Woodrow, Dembele' or Taggart will hit the ground running. It's a yes please from me!!

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 31, 2015, 08:06:16 PM
Gayle a luxury??! Oh please, he would score goals and skin players for fun in the Championship, and an addition I'd happily welcome at FFC. To get anywhere near challenging for promotion, we need 3 strikers all contributing with double figures. To date, we've yet to replace Hugo's goals, and there is no guarantee's that either Woodrow, Dembele' or Taggart will hit the ground running. It's a yes please from me!!
Gayles pace is something we do not have, but rep,acing Rodgers goals would only take a small step,up from any of our strikers, IMO Rodders was a waste of time, started last season well then reverted to the player we all know
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

I'd take a player with his goals and assists as a waste of time anyday.

@jolslover

Honestly dont feel we need a striker, Got Mccormack, Moussa Dembele who I feel is ready, and Matt Smith as a plan B, Cauley can step in when needed, and if we dont find a club for Mitro, then even better. We need to focus our money on a CB
STH H3

FPT

Quote from: MJG on July 31, 2015, 08:11:07 PM
I'd take a player with his goals and assists as a waste of time anyday.

+1.

Whatever you think about Hugo Rodallega, the facts are that we've lost 18 league goals from last season, only Ross McCormack contributing to more.

Whilst I'm here, here's a list of Fulham's goal contributors (goals and assists) in the league last season:

In bold, those no longer here. I'll let you decide who will and won't be in the overall starting eleven. Someone else can do the maths for average goals needed for and against for a top 6 spot.

Ross McCormack - 26 (17 goals, 9 assists)
Hugo Rodallega - 18 (10 goals, 8 assists)
Lasse Vigen Christensen - 12 (5 goals, 7 assists)
Bryan Ruiz - 7 (4 goals, 3 assists)
Matt Smith - 6 (5 goals, 1 assist)
Scott Parker - 6 (3 goals, 3 assists)
Tim Hoogland - 5 (4 goals, 1 assist)
Cauley Woodrow - 4 (3 goals, 1 assist)
Shaun Hutchinson - 4 (2 goals, 2 assists)
Alex Kacaniklic - 3 (2 goals, 1 assist)
Sean Kavanagh - 3 (1 goal, 2 assists)
Fernando Amorebieta - 2 (1 goal, 1 assist)
Ryan Tunnicliffe 2 - (0 goals, 2 assists)
Seko Fofana - 1 (1 goal, 0 assists)
Dan Burn 1 - (1 goal, 0 assists)
Michael Turner - 1 (1 goal, 0 assists)
Nikolay Bodurov - 1 (1 goal, 0 assists)
George Williams - 1 (0 goal, 1 assist)
Patrick Roberts - 1 (0 goal, 1 assist)

Then the new boys:

Ben Pringle - 10 (3 goals, 7 assists)
Jamie O'Hara - 10 (2 goals, 10 assists)
Tom Cairney - 8 (3 goals, 5 assists)

TrexFFC

Nope I disagree. Glad Rodallega is gone.  We either just need to sign someone to replace him or one of the young kids needs to step up.  He's 30 years old and we know what he brings to the table.  He'll get you a decent amount of goals, but he's largely frustrating when on the pitch.