Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 06, 2015, 10:35:04 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on July 06, 2015, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 06, 2015, 03:39:45 PM
05 Jul 2015 18:54:58
Kevin McDonald
Jamie O'Hara
Joe Bennett
All to be Fulham players during next week

Bids to be made for Lewis Dunk and James Tarkowski next week.
4-5 million will get Dunk and 1.75-2 million will get Tarkowski

That "Snake Venom's strong stuff eh?

Nice thought though

Mock him if you must, but both this guy and BillyBob from the Football Rumour website have been spot on so far. Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of these come off (excluding O'Hara who is practically here)

Hats off to those in the know. I still think we clearly lack ambition and these players pick themselves. I guess I'd cherry pick the best players in the championship as well to make it easy with the parachute payments.

Anyone know if we are going to employ any scouts again? I personally think Southfield White is worth twice that of the existing staff.
So I suppose you think we should be busting the bank only on reserve PL players?,  twice the price and twice the wages.
This is not 1999 we can't do what we did first time round.
I really don't know how any fan can be critical of the route we are taking so far this summer.

westcliff white

MJG any updates on targets that you know of?
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Only what we are all seeing at the moment. Clubs have clocked on to what we are doing and quite rightly playing hardball. But still looking at those listed to come in,  or we move onto the next pick,  which we have done already.
I'd expect a couple out this week as well.

westcliff white

Out as in announced completed deals joining us? or out as in leaving us?

I wasn't expecting any till we return at the end of the week
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Out as in out the door
But lots going on with both types of deals. It's only Kit and the coaching team abroad,  Rigg is still here doing the deals.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on July 07, 2015, 10:24:21 AM
Only what we are all seeing at the moment. Clubs have clocked on to what we are doing and quite rightly playing hardball. But still looking at those listed to come in,  or we move onto the next pick,  which we have done already.

Can you say who you think that we have moved on from?

Thanks.

f321ffc

Improved bid gone in today for Tarkowski, according to Bee's  mate, from an ITK on Their forum.
049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

@jolslover

seen us linked with Daniel Tozser on twittter, my Watford mate says hes heard fulham are in for him. Would be a great signing, cheap alternative if Wolves want too much for Mcdonald
STH H3

ToodlesMcToot

Wonder if Dunk fits into this category? Seems that all has gone quiet where he and Fulham are concerned.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 07, 2015, 12:52:13 PM

Wonder if Dunk fits into this category? Seems that all has gone quiet where he and Fulham are concerned.
j

According to guy reputedly in the know of TIFF Dunk very close to signing

ToodlesMcToot

Thanks!

I'm hopeful - and for once, I believe realistically so - that we'll be signing all of those that we've been linked to, though I do wish that we were being more linked to Husband

FFC1987

Can I ask, is any of these reliable regarding Dunk/McDonald? KMac is clearly playing us to get more money are my initial thoughts to be honest.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2015, 02:31:44 PM
Can I ask, is any of these reliable regarding Dunk/McDonald? KMac is clearly playing us to get more money are my initial thoughts to be honest.

Possibly but Wolves fans seething over the public nature of his contract situation, think he's come very close to burning his bridges.
Dunk is the one I'm really keen on.
Reading those jumped up, one good season in 60 years ,delusional Brentford mugs on GPG they think Tarkowski is worth silly money?. When we were first interested "Tarky" too good for Foolscum, now a bit more likely hes not even their best centre half(pre Bjelland)??

FFC1987

Regarding McDonald, I think people need to be very careful with what they say, this paragraph is pretty clear to me '"I've told the manager, if the offer is right I'll sign but that's not been put down, but there's no indication that offer is going to be put down.'

McBride78

So they have clocked on to what we are doing, meaning buying high performers in the league and quietly assembling a team capable of causing them problems this year? 

MJG

Quote from: McBride78 on July 07, 2015, 03:12:57 PM

So they have clocked on to what we are doing, meaning buying high performers in the league and quietly assembling a team capable of causing them problems this year? 
We are looking at signing the best performing player from each team just to piss them all off.

rusty shackleford

At least we're getting our business done early this year. Good to see. But I can see a mass exodus closer to the deadline with people complaining that we're not replacing them. The likes of Mitro & Ruiz will never play for us again anyway. Get them out

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on July 07, 2015, 03:21:36 PM

We are looking at signing the best performing player from each team just to piss them all off.

Something we should have been doing since Roy left......I mean cherry-picking high performers from Championship clubs and developing them into PL players. I'd wager we'd have spent no more money than we did on our journeyman continentals and under performing has-beens (most. not all.) and remained a PL team. Such a shame that it either wasn't allowed or was just ignored as a viable option to running the footballing side of things over recent seasons.

McBride78

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 07, 2015, 04:07:27 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 07, 2015, 03:21:36 PM

Something we should have been doing since Roy left......I mean cherry-picking high performers from Championship clubs and developing them into PL players. I'd wager we'd have spent no more money than we did on our journeyman continentals and under performing has-beens (most. not all.) and remained a PL team. Such a shame that it either wasn't allowed or was just ignored as a viable option to running the footballing side of things over recent seasons.

Good point Toodles.  One of the things I like about the window is that the player we are buying are performers already, but young enough that they still have more development and could be sustainable PL players if we are to gain promotion.  And as you say it makes more sense that overpaying for big names from European leagues who may or may not be able to replicate the form in England.  The academy and buying proven Championship players is a good way to build a foundation that is sustainable economically and in regards to not having players regress because they were purchased at the age of 30. 

God The Mechanic

Bryan Ruiz to Sporting is apparently all but officially announced.