watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on January 01, 1970, 01:23:59 AMquote author=MJG link=topic=47501.msg695251#msg695251 date=1439406121]
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 07:52:37 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 12, 2015, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 07:23:13 PM
So Ben what is the maximum amount you would pay to get him?
  I'll give you a budget of 10m and thinking what we need elsewhere ,  how much would pay right now today?
are we talking wages too?
Nope just txf fees
I'll play your game. But my point was we don't have money for the right players not how to balance the budget. And this is all conjecture as we won't know if bid will be accepted. But I'd go at 5 for dunk and if accepted I would spend 2 on a left back. I would get a better right back but next season and not this one. I'd spend 520k (this year's wages) on a contract extension for Dembele 10k a week obviously and hold the other 2.5 for January just in case
So 5m for Dunk. Well that's the deal in place anyway.  So when I say 6m is too much you would agree then?
Fred
Quote from: MJG on August 12, 2015, 08:02:01 PM
  I'll give you a budget of 10m and thinking what we need elsewhere ,  how much would pay right now today?
Nope just txf fees
I'll play your game. But my point was we don't have money for the right players not how to balance the budget. And this is all conjecture as we won't know if bid will be accepted. But I'd go at 5 for dunk and if accepted I would spend 2 on a left back. I would get a better right back but next season and not this one. I'd spend 520k (this year's wages) on a contract extension for Dembele 10k a week obviously and hold the other 2.5 for January just in case
So 5m for Dunk. Well that's the deal in place anyway.  So when I say 6m is too much you would agree then?
Nope just txf fees
406121]
Nope just txf fees
[/quote]
Nope just txf fees
I wouldn't say 6 is too much for a young quality cb. Hull sold there's for 8 and Westham were rumoured to want Burn for 5 and Dunk will replace him. The point is if you want good players these days you pay for them, and God knows we need a good cb. Dunks value will almost certainly increase with time, so it would be a very minimal gamble.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

So you would pay 8m then?

fulhamben

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 12, 2015, 08:05:35 PM
If we end up getting Dunk, what's it matter if we get him August 2nd or 22nd or 31st. The season is 46 games long, if he misses a August fixture, it's not really a big deal. Don't judge the transfer window on August 12th.

I don't know if this is directed at my post but it does contradict it so I will respond. It matters a great deal IMO. If it takes a player some time to settle at a new club and also takes a back four some more time to form a really good partnership then it could be the difference between top half and promotion. How long it takes each player to settle or each back four to bond is variable. With a full preseason with your new signings you have more chance of starting well. Bringing a player in at the end of August may mean another month of improving when you could have started the season improved and picked up more points. One point could be the difference between promotion/playoffs so how can it not matter?

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Scrumpy

Jesus, it does my head in when I see Ben and others say 'splash the cash' to get us to The Premier League. FFP, FFP, FFP, FFP.

No matter how rich our owner, he is restricted as to how much he can spend by FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY. If he spends enough on transfers and wages (which are conveniently ignored by many people) to take us close to the allowable annual loss under FFP then HE HAS DONE ALL HE POSSIBLY CAN TO BANKROLL THE CLUB. He can do no more, without jeopardising the day-to-day operations of the Club. What more do you want?

So, we will know for sure when the Accounts come out next year, or the year after, whether Shad has covered the maximum allowable loss in an effort to gain us promotion. My thoughts are that he will 100% do this. My reasons are two-fold: 1) he continues to press ahead with the stadium redevelopment, which will personally cost him millions, since this is outside the rules of FFP. This is one of the few ways he can spend his money on us without breaking any rules and 2) in the final year of the Premiership he has manipulated the accounts to show a massive (allowable) loss so that we have more money to spend in The Championship. This is not the behaviour of a 'penny-pincher'.

So, when the Club posts it's Accounts in 2016 or 2017  and it shows a loss of £12 million (or whatever the allowable figure is) will Ben and others remember to come on here and say 'fair play Mr Chairman, we could not have bought anyone else that season without invoking a transfer embargo even though the fans were whining like spoilt kids for more, more, more'.

Sorry about the rant, but I am convinced that Shad and his Accountants are all over this like a rash and know the absolute maximum that we can spend. If that means we can get Dunk, but not Gayle, then that is that. There's no room for manoeuvre.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

aussierod

There's another factor to remember here too with regards to Dunk, he's a born and bred Brighton boy, other than high wages, why would he want to leave the club which he has spent his entire career and life in? As in, currently, he's not a journeyman footballer, he's a local lad, playing for his local team in the same league as we play, and although they had a bad season last year where they finished 20th, they were only 5 points off us, so we can't really say that we're much better currently than where he's at. Also, after they finished 6th in 2013/14 I would imagine that it was a hugely disappointing season for them and that he, as a local boy, would be really motivated to improve upon that too

So my point is, even though we've valued him at one price, and Brighton another, and lets say hypothetically that we agree a fee at 5million, we still need to convince the player that he should leave his boyhood club, his family and friends, for a former premier league club trying to buy it's way back up, with our biggest incentive most likely being a bigger pay packet.

So transfer fee is one part, wages I think will be another which may hamper us, and yes although I'd love it for us to throw as much money at the problem as needed, good planning, good strategies, and patience can also achieve the end game which is a strong, sustainable club playing in the premier league.

Finally, on the Dunk discussion, who would take Dunk at 5mill or Ream for 2.5mill and potentially use that money elsewhere, say resigning Dembele, Hyndman & Bettinelli, or possibly another 2.5mill going into the budget for a striker or a 2nd starting CB
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: aussierod on August 13, 2015, 03:44:22 AM
There's another factor to remember here too with regards to Dunk, he's a born and bred Brighton boy, other than high wages, why would he want to leave the club which he has spent his entire career and life in? As in, currently, he's not a journeyman footballer, he's a local lad, playing for his local team in the same league as we play, and although they had a bad season last year where they finished 20th, they were only 5 points off us, so we can't really say that we're much better currently than where he's at. Also, after they finished 6th in 2013/14 I would imagine that it was a hugely disappointing season for them and that he, as a local boy, would be really motivated to improve upon that too

So my point is, even though we've valued him at one price, and Brighton another, and lets say hypothetically that we agree a fee at 5million, we still need to convince the player that he should leave his boyhood club, his family and friends, for a former premier league club trying to buy it's way back up, with our biggest incentive most likely being a bigger pay packet.

So transfer fee is one part, wages I think will be another which may hamper us, and yes although I'd love it for us to throw as much money at the problem as needed, good planning, good strategies, and patience can also achieve the end game which is a strong, sustainable club playing in the premier league.

Finally, on the Dunk discussion, who would take Dunk at 5mill or Ream for 2.5mill and potentially use that money elsewhere, say resigning Dembele, Hyndman & Bettinelli, or possibly another 2.5mill going into the budget for a striker or a 2nd starting CB

One word you mentioned ..money. Speaking to someone who knows the family.Apparently he wont move up North.ie Newcastle or Everton due to family reasons.
Fulham and moving to Surrey/Sussex borders hes 40 mins from home

Ordar

Can we please keep this thread just for transfer rumours? If people want to have a FFP argument can we do it on another thread please?

snarks

Why is it a face that a player Fulham are reported to be interested in goes to another club?

cottage cheese

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 13, 2015, 09:25:19 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9947426/queens-park-rangers-agree-16314m-deal-to-sign-boltons-tim-ream

the farce at this club continues!

Which club are you talking about, Fulham or QPR?

Us! Seriously have no idea how this club does not see that our defence is so poor (one of the worst last season). We need a good CB to partner hutch or Burn. We have had a bid rejected for Ream yet QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m... Does this club not realise you might have to increase the figure for players for a certain calibre.

It takes a signing at least a few games/month to really adapt and fit in and we really need to start strong as have a tough couple of games leading up to Xmas!

jayffc

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 09:32:21 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9947426/queens-park-rangers-agree-16314m-deal-to-sign-boltons-tim-ream

Us! Seriously have no idea how this club does not see that our defence is so poor (one of the worst last season). We need a good CB to partner hutch or Burn. We have had a bid rejected for Ream yet QPR have had one accepted at £1.4m... Does this club not realise you might have to increase the figure for players for a certain calibre.

It takes a signing at least a few games/month to really adapt and fit in and we really need to start strong as have a tough couple of games leading up to Xmas!

I despair with the whinging and panicking of certain fans. The windows not shut yet, plenty of time to do business, we don't know the ins and outs of dealings inside the club, we don't have the current accounts to peruse...we seem to know that our top target is Dunk. Maybe plan B C or D was Tim Ream and we didn't fancy it that much other than as an extra cheaper option. Maybe Hutchs form has put that idea on hold, who knows?! But throwing your toys about and crying farce at the club seems frankly ridiculous. We did alot of our business very early, there have been interviews with our manager saying they are well aware of our frailties in defence lastseason and that it's being addressed and yet...Impatient whining and hysteric wailing all over he place. Grow up, chill out and let it play out, save ya moaning and negative energy for the end of the window to see if no one is in and if by 10 games in our defence is still as leaky as before then moan till your heart is content. What's farcicle is the spoilt fans on here whinging about spending millions of another mans money without even knowing the intentions or accounts or restrictions involved- the mind truy boggles.

fulhamben

Quote from: jayffc on August 13, 2015, 09:56:26 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 13, 2015, 09:32:21 AM

I despair with the whinging and panicking of certain fans. The windows not shut yet, plenty of time to do business, we don't know the ins and outs of dealings inside the club, we don't have the current accounts to peruse...we seem to know that our top target is Dunk. Maybe plan B C or D was Tim Ream and we didn't fancy it that much other than as an extra cheaper option. Maybe Hutchs form has put that idea on hold, who knows?! But throwing your toys about and crying farce at the club seems frankly ridiculous. We did alot of our business very early, there have been interviews with our manager saying they are well aware of our frailties in defence lastseason and that it's being addressed and yet...Impatient whining and hysteric wailing all over he place. Grow up, chill out and let it play out, save ya moaning and negative energy for the end of the window to see if no one is in and if by 10 games in our defence is still as leaky as before then moan till your heart is content. What's farcicle is the spoilt fans on here whinging about spending millions of another mans money without even knowing the intentions or accounts or restrictions involved- the mind truy boggles.
so 98 league games of having a poor defence is the official time to moan

Friendsoffulham

Odds shortened on Oddschecker to 4/5 for Fulham being Lewis Dunks next Club after the summer transfer window.

fulhamben

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2015, 01:07:22 AM
Jesus, it does my head in when I see Ben and others say 'splash the cash' to get us to The Premier League. FFP, FFP, FFP, FFP.

No matter how rich our owner, he is restricted as to how much he can spend by FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY. If he spends enough on transfers and wages (which are conveniently ignored by many people) to take us close to the allowable annual loss under FFP then HE HAS DONE ALL HE POSSIBLY CAN TO BANKROLL THE CLUB. He can do no more, without jeopardising the day-to-day operations of the Club. What more do you want?

So, we will know for sure when the Accounts come out next year, or the year after, whether Shad has covered the maximum allowable loss in an effort to gain us promotion. My thoughts are that he will 100% do this. My reasons are two-fold: 1) he continues to press ahead with the stadium redevelopment, which will personally cost him millions, since this is outside the rules of FFP. This is one of the few ways he can spend his money on us without breaking any rules and 2) in the final year of the Premiership he has manipulated the accounts to show a massive (allowable) loss so that we have more money to spend in The Championship. This is not the behaviour of a 'penny-pincher'.

So, when the Club posts it's Accounts in 2016 or 2017  and it shows a loss of £12 million (or whatever the allowable figure is) will Ben and others remember to come on here and say 'fair play Mr Chairman, we could not have bought anyone else that season without invoking a transfer embargo even though the fans were whining like spoilt kids for more, more, more'.

Sorry about the rant, but I am convinced that Shad and his Accountants are all over this like a rash and know the absolute maximum that we can spend. If that means we can get Dunk, but not Gayle, then that is that. There's no room for manoeuvre.
I'm not even talking about splashing the cash to get to the prem. I'm talking about spending some money to fix our worst position. The one position that needed attention over all the others. And you have no idea how close we are to going 13 over so if we are close to evenings will you come on here and say sorry I was wrong the club were scrimping