more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 14, 2015, 08:09:10 AM
To all those who say don't moan at the lack of defensive reinforcements until the window closes, how are you going to feel if we finish 7th, one point off the play-offs? Spending earlier could have made all the difference.

this

shnlwswlkr

To all those who say don't moan at the lack of defensive reinforcements until the window closes, how are you going to feel if we finish 7th, one point off the play-offs? Spending earlier could have made all the difference.

It's true  :012:
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Ordar

At this point I think we should just pay 9-10m to get in Tarkowski and Dunk, really solidify the defence, and really consider bringing in a first choice striker whether that be Gayle or someone else proven in this league. We need that third striker who will score 15-20 goals.

Midfield wise, we have by far the best midfield in the division in my opinion, both the first choice 4 and their back ups.

Player wise McCormack, O'Hara (probably 2 of the 5 best players in the division), Cairney, Pringle and probably LVC would walk into any side in the division and probably most lower premier league sides.

We should be expecting this side, when gelled to really have a good drive for promotion. I know people don't want to be optimistic but expectations should be high.

Chesh

..... and how would you feel if we lost out by more because instead of waiting for our no. 1 target, we bought a lesser replacement a week or two earlier just because he was available now. I'm hoping that the delay is due to Brighton playing hardball, and we are still in with a good chance of Dunk. In hindsight this will have been the best approach. If we haven't sorted it by the end of the window then it's open season for recriminations, but until then no one knows what is happening behind the scenes
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Chesh on August 14, 2015, 08:45:45 AM
..... and how would you feel if we lost out by more because instead of waiting for our no. 1 target, we bought a lesser replacement a week or two earlier just because he was available now. I'm hoping that the delay is due to Brighton playing hardball, and we are still in with a good chance of Dunk. In hindsight this will have been the best approach. If we haven't sorted it by the end of the window then it's open season for recriminations, but until then no one knows what is happening behind the scenes

Agreed nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes, but it seems we have spent weeks putting in low bids that have little or no chance of succeeding. This should have been sorted weeks ago if the club is serious about a promotion piush.

Craven Mad

Brad Pinard ‏@Brad_Pinard  7m7 minutes ago
Pardew confirms Dwight Gayle asked him to leave but he is reluctant to join Bristol City.

Sounds like he's just waiting for an offer to be accepted by a team he wants to go to. I remember some saying he stuck around the Cottage after the Palace friendly and was impressed... Wonder what it'd take to get that deal done?

Ordar

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 14, 2015, 09:13:00 AM
Brad Pinard ‏@Brad_Pinard  7m7 minutes ago
Pardew confirms Dwight Gayle asked him to leave but he is reluctant to join Bristol City.

Sounds like he's just waiting for an offer to be accepted by a team he wants to go to. I remember some saying he stuck around the Cottage after the Palace friendly and was impressed... Wonder what it'd take to get that deal done?

The problem with the deal will be if Bristol City have included negating the sell on fee for Bolasie in the deal. Palace value Bolasie at 25m(!) so that's a lot of extra money basically included on top of the 6m transfer fee

Craven Mad

Quote from: Ordar on August 14, 2015, 09:16:52 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 14, 2015, 09:13:00 AM
Brad Pinard ‏@Brad_Pinard  7m7 minutes ago

The problem with the deal will be if Bristol City have included negating the sell on fee for Bolasie in the deal. Palace value him at 25m(!) so that's a lot of extra money basically included on top of the 6m transfer fee

Completely agree, but that deal's no good if the player won't agree to it. Hopefully, Gayle digs his heals in (which he should as he's far better than Bristol City standard) and Palace lower their expectations.

west kowloon white

25 million!!Can only think of one person who would be happy paying that-but shows what the club are up against landing their remaining targets.Perhaps prices will be more realistic in a couple of weeks time?

Ordar

Quote from: west kowloon white on August 14, 2015, 09:34:25 AM
25 million!!Can only think of one person who would be happy paying that-but shows what the club are up against landing their remaining targets.Perhaps prices will be more realistic in a couple of weeks time?

They value Bolasie at 25m, so with the reported 15% sell on fee that they'd be due, they're effectively offering an extra 2-4m for Gayle depending on how much Bolasie is sold for (assuming he is sold)

Bronaldinho

Gayle would be on another level in terms of signing and would give us a different dynamic up front.

McCormack could supply him all day.

Apparently Dwight wants to stay in London, and did stay around after pre-season game, apparently spoke very highly of the facilities.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

millsy

I guess we'll know if the Dink deal is on or not when we hear the pre-match comments from Hughton today, or at worst when line-ups are announced tomorrow. If Dunk plays at the Cottage I see the deal as a non-starter, if not he must be ours, barring late interventions from Premiership clubs.

JackyFulham90

If Fulham pay out £12m & sign Lewis Dunk & Dwight Gayle then we have a very good chance of being in the top 6 at the end of the season. Interesting to see how much the Club want promotion over the next few weeks

fulhamben

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 14, 2015, 10:05:05 AM
If Fulham pay out £12m & sign Lewis Dunk & Dwight Gayle then we have a very good chance of being in the top 6 at the end of the season. Interesting to see how much the Club want promotion over the next few weeks
I really wouldn't hold your breath on that. Maybe one, but not both. And I don't personally think we will get either. Plus Gayle has said he wants to stay in the prem
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

If we are chasing Reem and the chap from Brentford, I'm pretty confident that the Dunk deal has fallen through.

Swiss72

We can always dream and hope they are chasing 2 CBs instead of one... Hence the interest for Ream and Tarkowski on top of Dunk, instead as a pure fallback solution.
Interesting to notice that it all went quiet on the Dunk front over the last 24 hours: good or bad omen?

spoken

My predictions

Dunk will not be a fulham player on 1st September
Gayle will not be a Fulham player on 1st September
Tarkowski will not be a Fulham player on 1st September
Ream looking likely to join QPR so will not be a Fulham player on 1st September

We will sign 1 or 2 more players, a CB on loan similar to the Turner capture. The second player, who knows??? Could be cb, mid or fwd!! 

We will send a few out on loan, and sell a couple of fringe players on the cheap.

This is based on Fulham being Fulham!

fulhamben

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 14, 2015, 10:56:24 AM
We can always dream and hope they are chasing 2 CBs instead of one... Hence the interest for Ream and Tarkowski on top of Dunk, instead as a pure fallback solution.
Interesting to notice that it all went quiet on the Dunk front over the last 24 hours: good or bad omen?
Quiet as in Twitter quiet ? It's always quiet from the club.

Swiss72

Yes, Twitter quiet. Not expecting anything from the club to be honest.

fulhamben

Quote from: Swiss72 on August 14, 2015, 11:05:01 AM
Yes, Twitter quiet. Not expecting anything from the club to be honest.
would you rather a load of tweets full of lies. I'll start a couple. " even though Fulham haven't submitted a bid big enough for Brighton to accept, Dunk is currently having a medical at motspur par"# it's all true honest....
And "even though Brentford have said they won't sell him and especially, now that their other CB is out for the season, Tarkowski is now magically avaliable to buy"#greatwaytolooklikeyourtryingtobuyaplayerknowingitwillnevergetaccepted,butthefanswillbelieveyoutried