watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

has anyone thought that maybe his agent courted us in order to get a better deal for his players
Every day is a Fulham day

Riverside

I think Dunk watched us play on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkras99

Pretty embarrassing. Let's hope we have someone lined up and aren't left scrambling. Last couple of weeks have been terrible transfer-wise.

westcliff white

why is it embarrassing? that's football these things happen, happened to Man Utd with Pedro and its happened to us with Dunk, and will happen to a lot more clubs

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2015, 09:00:16 PM
why is it embarrassing? that's football these things happen, happened to Man Utd with Pedro and its happened to us with Dunk, and will happen to a lot more clubs
and it was embarrassing for man u too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2015, 09:06:47 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 24, 2015, 09:00:16 PM
and it was embarrassing for man u too.
for me that's just football,, these things happen. teams are often played by agents to get better deals form their players present club or another club, that's just life

mkras99

To be fair, who looks more likely to get promoted in the next two-three years, us or Brighton. Depressing what things have come to and how difficult it is for us to improve our CBs.

Swiss72

Whether we have been played or not by Dunk's agent, the fact remains that we need to upgrade our CBs asap. We all hope that the club knows that since a while and could have acted earlier in the summer instead of waiting the last week of the window and probably get mugged. I have lost count of the number of windows where we have acted very late. That might a management style where urgency and pressure get the best out of people, but this doesn't fill me with any confidence.

fulhamben

Quote from: mkras99 on August 24, 2015, 09:12:54 PM
To be fair, who looks more likely to get promoted in the next two-three years, us or Brighton. Depressing what things have come to and how difficult it is for us to improve our CBs.
It's not difficult, we obviously have a good chunk to buy one, but some twit decided that they have to be from the championship.

horse1031

Maybe Dunk never wanted to come here...?

He would have handed in a transfer request if he really wanted out?  Seems like he wanted to stay to me and its not like he went to QPR or something like that, he stayed with his own club.

I dont think that is embarrassing.

DevonFFC

I think dunk was interested. Fact is they played hardball and we are so poo that actually they played the perfect game. Had roles reversed I think he would of come but we look like a team destined to struggle

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: horse1031 on August 24, 2015, 09:21:39 PM
Maybe Dunk never wanted to come here...?

He would have handed in a transfer request if he really wanted out?  Seems like he wanted to stay to me and its not like he went to QPR or something like that, he stayed with his own club.

I dont think that is embarrassing.
we will never know because we wasted so much time going back and fourth with bids that never got excepted. The worst part is, we have had a shocking start to the season because we never addressed our defensive issues

Wearethewhites

However you look at it, we got played, and we're stupid enough to play right into Dunk / Brightons hands. He was prob interested, we waited to long, he monitored our poor start and though sod that. Surprise, surprise, egg on Fulhams face once again.

f321ffc

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on August 24, 2015, 08:34:29 PM
Lewis Dunk has just signed a new 5-year deal with Brighton.
We're we linked with him then. 093.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

spikey norman

West Ham's James Collins  appears to be available and might be a decent alternative to Dunk at this late stage in the window.

Barrett487

Quote from: spikey norman on August 24, 2015, 09:45:28 PM
West Ham's James Collins  appears to be available and might be a decent alternative to Dunk at this late stage in the window.

Good shout!

Also note that Brede hasn't even warmed the sub's bench yet for Palace.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: FFCByTheRiver on August 24, 2015, 08:34:29 PM
Lewis Dunk has just signed a new 5-year deal with Brighton.

His new wage package should cover the amount that they allegedly fined him then!

You couldn't make it up though - or could you?

Still, good news still to come before 6.00pm Tuesday 1/9/ - but who & how many? 

Nero

So Brighton manage to.sign a good fit centre half and the centre half we where chasing in the time we have signed a unfit centre half. This club is going places I look forward.to hyndman leaving for 100k and us putting in a bid for some unfit bloke that had a good game against us last year for 50k he's crap but got that important championship experience cos he an it good enough to play at a higher level

Friendsoffulham

Fulham and QPR target Watford's Gabriele Angella

HITC Sport understands Watford defender Gabriele Angella has emerged as a loan target for Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Fulham and Queens Park Rangers are eyeing moves for Watford defender Gabriele Angella as they look to bring in a central defender before the close of the transfer window.

Angella, who signed a new five-year deal at Watford earlier in the summer, has found himself down the pecking order in Quique Sanchez Flores' plans so far this season.

The Italian was an unused substitute in the opening two Premier League games against Everton and West Bromwich Albion, while he was not even in the squad for last weekend's draw with Southampton.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Angella's possible availability with the 26-year-old playing a key role in Watford's successful promotion from the Championship last season.

Angella made 36 appearances last season for Watford as they finished second in the Championship and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

Fulham are in the market for a new central defender after being frustrated in their attempts to sign long-term Lewis Dunk from Brighton and they could now turn their attentions to Angella.

QPR are also desperate for defensive reinforcements with Chris Ramsey short of cover in central defence and they have missed out on several targets.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/25/fulham-and-qpr-target-watfords-gabriele-angella/

@jolslover

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on August 25, 2015, 11:02:20 AM
Fulham and QPR target Watford's Gabriele Angella

HITC Sport understands Watford defender Gabriele Angella has emerged as a loan target for Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Fulham and Queens Park Rangers are eyeing moves for Watford defender Gabriele Angella as they look to bring in a central defender before the close of the transfer window.

Angella, who signed a new five-year deal at Watford earlier in the summer, has found himself down the pecking order in Quique Sanchez Flores' plans so far this season.

The Italian was an unused substitute in the opening two Premier League games against Everton and West Bromwich Albion, while he was not even in the squad for last weekend's draw with Southampton.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Angella's possible availability with the 26-year-old playing a key role in Watford's successful promotion from the Championship last season.

Angella made 36 appearances last season for Watford as they finished second in the Championship and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

Fulham are in the market for a new central defender after being frustrated in their attempts to sign long-term Lewis Dunk from Brighton and they could now turn their attentions to Angella.

QPR are also desperate for defensive reinforcements with Chris Ramsey short of cover in central defence and they have missed out on several targets.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/25/fulham-and-qpr-target-watfords-gabriele-angella/

This would be a great signing
STH H3