more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Keep the Greek

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 08, 2015, 02:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I really think we should give him a go.
Mitro, Smith, Ross + a good winger who can switch from left to right Roberts or Williams)

A force to be reckoned with

It's not that stupid an idea is it ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Chutney

wages make it almost impossible
C O Y W

Fulhamerica23

And whatever sum we can get from him will help us bring in a few solid, Championship proven players.

It's no coincidence that our best player had a proven Championship record before coming to us. Need more like Ross. Obviously not as expensive, but players who have proven their worth in the League.

The Greek is gone.

Snibbo

If we can get the reported 7 million for him we should grab it.

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on May 08, 2015, 02:49:21 AM
wages make it almost impossible
he isnt on anything near Parker or Ruiz apparently, closewr (while still alot) to 35k
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

If anyone offers us a fiver for him...we should snap there hand off......we have to get him off the wage bill, and get squad numbers down

Craven Mad

Wages, attitude, injury-prone and no pace - it'd be a no from me. I'm not saying he wouldn't score goals, but he's not what we need.

If we keep Smith, Ross and Cauley as our main striking options (which I think we should) any additions should be pacey as hell to give give us something different.

Holders

It must be FFP that scuppers this, otherwise I'd have hoped that we'd have been playing him during the season that's just finished.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

I believe that was more due to FM than FFP, we (accoridng to some rumours) still paid half of his and Steks salary while on loan
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

There is one saying in football that really gets on my t's and that is "he is not Premier/Championship quality", how the hell do you know this unless they play in it, you can also add in there "not proven" Smith was proven sent on loan to get fit fair enough, but then his loan was extended when we needed someone who could score goals, so "proven" does not always mean success.

I always look at players and think the likes of Sanchez, Toure and a good few others had no premiership experience and yet they have done quite well, yes they are great players but still had no premiership experience.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rweller86

Wages are not that high, will be around £15k/w (not high compared to others on around £70k)
@rweller

FPT

His wages are estimated to be about £35k a week, so they are manageable; although the questions come to his want and attitude. At least with playing in the Premier League, there's a stepping stone to European football like Wilfried Bony, Mousa Dembele etc. He's come off of a strong season in Greece, he's second top goal scorer with a game to play and a title winner. Plus he still holds a reputation from his previous Olympiakos performances.

Also, we could do with the income, and looking at the transfer, I think we'll profit from the deal should we sell him for £4m but he still has three years left on his contract so we could negotiate more.

I'm sure he could score goals at this level, but I don't want players who don't want to be here. Bryan Ruiz included, it's these kind of players mixed with the poor managerial decisions which is why we're here in the first place. As Craven Mad says also, our striking line ups has nobody capable of penetrating the opposition vertically, we've got Smith as a target man, Ross as more of a second striker, Cauley as a more modern number 9 but obviously young, but we haven't got somebody with in behind threat. Who's going to give us the Louis Saha factor? Unless we gamble with Moussa Dembele... Dembele is 19 in July, Saha was 21 but Louis had pretty much three years of experience to his name.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing us experiment with a Ross and Moussa partnership in pre-season...

Craven Mad

Quote from: FPT on May 08, 2015, 12:44:56 PM
His wages are estimated to be about £35k a week, so they are manageable; although the questions come to his want and attitude. At least with playing in the Premier League, there's a stepping stone to European football like Wilfried Bony, Mousa Dembele etc. He's come off of a strong season in Greece, he's second top goal scorer with a game to play and a title winner. Plus he still holds a reputation from his previous Olympiakos performances.

Also, we could do with the income, and looking at the transfer, I think we'll profit from the deal should we sell him for £4m but he still has three years left on his contract so we could negotiate more.

I'm sure he could score goals at this level, but I don't want players who don't want to be here. Bryan Ruiz included, it's these kind of players mixed with the poor managerial decisions which is why we're here in the first place. As Craven Mad says also, our striking line ups has nobody capable of penetrating the opposition vertically, we've got Smith as a target man, Ross as more of a second striker, Cauley as a more modern number 9 but obviously young, but we haven't got somebody with in behind threat. Who's going to give us the Louis Saha factor? Unless we gamble with Moussa Dembele... Dembele is 19 in July, Saha was 21 but Louis had pretty much three years of experience to his name.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing us experiment with a Ross and Moussa partnership in pre-season...

Agree completely and particularly with the "stepping stone to Europe" point; the championship aint gonna be the stepping stone he's looking for!

As for a player to cut through a defence, Moussa is one option we have, another is Plumain, who I hope to also see over the summer. Taggart too might be able to do that sort of job (not seen enough of him to know how he plays..).

Greek

Quote from: Snibbo on May 08, 2015, 04:42:32 AM

Would be surprised if anyone anywhere pays this for Mitroglou.

Fulham have two options.

1/ Sell and take a massive loss.

2/ Another loan.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Greek on May 08, 2015, 02:57:19 PM
Quote from: Snibbo on May 08, 2015, 04:42:32 AM

Would be surprised if anyone anywhere pays this for Mitroglou.

Fulham have two options.

1/ Sell and take a massive loss.

2/ Another loan.

3/ trade him for Emenike!

079.gif

WORTHINGFULHAM

do you think he really wants to come back to MK dons on a Tuesday night, or rotherham when he is currently at olympiacos playing a much higher level, in front of much bigger crowds? no , I thought not fp.gif 079.gif

FPT

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 08, 2015, 05:55:07 PM
do you think he really wants to come back to MK dons on a Tuesday night, or rotherham when he is currently at olympiacos playing a much higher level, in front of much bigger crowds? no , I thought not fp.gif 079.gif

The average attendance is about the same... But then again, Greece is nice and hot. I'd rather have Crete away than Rotherham away.

Greek

Well Greece is actually quite similar to the UK weather wise in the fact that there are clear seasons. The winter is a fraction milder than the UK (it often snows in Greece). The difference is that summer is longer and the winters can be a bit milder, but not much.

Although Rotherham away is no exotic fixture, it is safer than OFI in Crete away.. Although OFI and Ergotelis wen down this year.. :028:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9ODt3j2w0

FPT

Excuse my ignorance Greek! Some amazing shots there.

MJG

It's not a wages issue at all,  it's both an attitude issue(did he ever really want to be here) and the manager (does he want him?).
If we can get a few million for him we may actually make a paper profit out of the deal as FPT says,  I fully expect him to go in the summer.