more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David & Thomas Eisfield...

Started by JackyFulham90, May 16, 2015, 01:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 16, 2015, 07:01:15 AM
Is it just me who thought Eisfeld deserved to be nowhere near the team? In the few games he played I thought he was awful, Chihi impressed me more with his cameo against Cardiff.

I would like to see David involved. Good player. Also want to see more of Hyndman, lvc, georgie boy and roberts next year. Bettinelli in goal and woodrow can have a role in the squad. Eisfeld is so far dowm the pecking order that I think it lacks ambition if he comes in too. It will be like a nursery.

We need to sign some top players to kick on and I just dont see where Eisfeld fits into that. I would try to offload him to be honest.
Oh Danny-boi. I can understand you not raving about Eisfeld but I don't think he played enough for you to be that negative. especially as his performances were not that bad, a bit quiet maybe, but he showed a sure touch. Maybe your expectations were a shade too high and he was playing in a team that was struggling ...

Forever Fulham

Quote from: cmg on May 16, 2015, 04:21:25 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 16, 2015, 01:48:19 AM
Can they force there way in to Kit Symons plans for Fulham next season??
I doubt they will get the chance but I hope they do, at times watching games this year I have seen a place for both of them in the team. I'm sorry I have nothing against him but noone can really say & believe Sean Kavanagh is a better player than Chris David.
Would love to see him return next season

I can't see any immediate reason why you should believe they will not get a chance with us next season. They have both had chances in the past and were both given chances to further their development on loan at the back end of the season just finished.

Eisfeld has been a regular in the Bochum side that finished mid-table in the Bundesliga 2nd tier.

David's loan spell hasn't amounted to much. After a couple of sub appearances for the Twente 1st team he has spent the rest of the time with their u21s, which is no advance on what he might have done here. He remains an enigma and something of a disappointment. On the face of it he seems just the sort of player we very much need, but it must mean something that he has failed to impress a number of different managers now. Still only 22, but seems to be running out of time and options.

David may (or may not) be, or become, a better player than Sean Kavanagh. But to compare the two directly is, I think, to misunderstand their roles. David is a creative, attacking midfielder. Kavanagh is a left-back who was asked to play an unfamiliar role in a compressed midfield when a left-sided player was required in the rather odd system preferred by the manager to 'grind out' some results when things looked to be going pear-shaped in the last quarter of the season.
I agree. 

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Black, White and Fred

Eisfeld had some really good U21s games, it may have been mistake to send him out on loan as he may have helped them out with thier poor end to the season.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Twig

Quote from: davew on May 18, 2015, 07:49:48 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on May 18, 2015, 07:29:46 PM
This season Kit has the chairmans backing and makes his squad his vision. Give him a season see how he does and we go from there. Excuses to one side he did well to keep us up this season end of discussion draw a line under this season.
I don't think KS did very well at all, on paper our squad should still have been good enough to not be involved in a relegation battle, if he couldn't experiment with different formations rather than stick with that ridiculous diamond formation, I see no reason why he should be given the chance to manage for another season with players he knows less about than our many talented youngsters.

Perhaps you missed it but on more than one occasion he did try alternatives to "that ridiculous diamond formation" and it didn't work.  To my mind that just highlighted how unbalanced the squad is that he inherited.  However I guess you Kit detractors would say that was all his fault too?

I totally agree with fulhamfever.  Give Kit a season with the Chairman's backing and let's see how he does.  If he flops then I will be perfectly prepared to agree that he was not the right choice.

Chris M

I thought that when Ruiz and LVC were out of the squad, i t was definitely the time we should've brought David into the team. He has a bit of both attributes, compared to the dross we picked instead. Really believe every team should have that player who wants the ball and willing to take responsibility and drive at the opposition even if his decision making is poor, but like Ronaldo when he first came, you only get that by experience. Felt that with our two best ball players out of the squad he should've stepped in. We have lost 1.5 million+ on him.

There again I had the same opinion of Frei, but he hasn't made his mark in Fenerbahce (1200 mins). Although that is a higher level than us atm and the players are well established there.

With Eisfeld, thought he was a bit average, but my expectations were (unfairly?) high so I'm happy to reserve judgement on him and with Ruiz around there's no way he should've been starting.

fulhamben

Quote from: Chris M on May 19, 2015, 12:42:11 PM
I thought that when Ruiz and LVC were out of the squad, i t was definitely the time we should've brought David into the team. He has a bit of both attributes, compared to the dross we picked instead. Really believe every team should have that player who wants the ball and willing to take responsibility and drive at the opposition even if his decision making is poor, but like Ronaldo when he first came, you only get that by experience. Felt that with our two best ball players out of the squad he should've stepped in. We have lost 1.5 million+ on him.

There again I had the same opinion of Frei, but he hasn't made his mark in Fenerbahce (1200 mins). Although that is a higher level than us atm and the players are well established there.

With Eisfeld, thought he was a bit average, but my expectations were (unfairly?) high so I'm happy to reserve judgement on him and with Ruiz around there's no way he should've been starting.
god I loved frei. super quick and runs straight towards goal, whats not to like.  cant be watching another season of midfielders that cant run with the ball
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: Chris M on May 19, 2015, 12:42:11 PM

Frei has played nearly 50 games this season and a lot in the champions League.

Chris M

He only started 8 games and his team lost to Arsenal in the qualifiers!?

MJG

Quote from: Chris M on May 19, 2015, 06:21:12 PM
He only started 8 games and his team lost to Arsenal in the qualifiers!?
Ok so I misscounted all cup games,  but still made a lot of appearances this season for Besikats 10(34) and 3 goals. Not bad for a player not rated by many on here and like I said still only 21.

Asotosyios

Quote from: MJG on May 18, 2015, 06:15:54 PM
Well it's disappointing if not surprising.
I don't care what anyone says, I saw enough of him live to say he was the best mid to long range passer in the squad. Pity it didn't work out and  feel he's always been an issue for Symons since he was parachuted into the 21's by Jol.

Do we know what that might have been? I have been reading lots of comments about his attitude, work rate etc. but never a story about something that went wrong.

It's funny though that a lot of us feel that: we badly miss a playmaker / we never replaced Danny Murphy (if we regard Dembele as a different type of player) / Guthrie did a good job and would like to have him back and at the same time we, kind of, write off David. I am pretty sure he could do a great job for us, especially in a 3-5-2 with LVC and Tunnicliffe next to him as someone mentioned earlier.