watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Terry Burton West Brom Tech Director

Started by Lighthouse, May 17, 2015, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Set to join Fulham according to Sunday Paper.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

phil_magnus

Absolutely bizarre especially if it is in the technical director capacity. What would a technical director do that a Chief Football Officer wouldn't?

Also suggests that Kit needs to have his hand held if the club appoint this chap as well as Curbishley. Just how useless is Kit?

westcliff white

rather have Curbs than Burton, cant see why we would need both of them
Every day is a Fulham day

phil_magnus

Quote from: westcliff white on May 17, 2015, 08:47:00 PM
rather have Curbs than Burton, cant see why we would need both of them
Unless Burton is overseeing coach development? We had a highly rated guy who left for the FA last year. Keen was his replacement as well as doing the u18's but Keen left obviously. So maybe Burton will fill those shoes?

westcliff white

As long as Burton has nothing to do with the first team
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

His job at Albion was overseeing their transfer policy.
Surely not at us?..Thought Riggs was brought in for all that.

mike_corkcity12

Apparently he has been signed but cannot be announced/start until later on. Similar to Rigg. This is according to a post on tfi a few days back.

Anyone confirm?

Nero

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 30, 2015, 03:20:21 PM
Apparently he has been signed but cannot be announced/start until later on. Similar to Rigg. This is according to a post on tfi a few days back.

Anyone confirm?

No but his contract at WBA finished so cant see why we wouldn't be able to announce it.

ffc73

Can he play CB?

that's the signing announcement that I am most interested in.

bog

FPT

Interestingly, he was first team coach under Roy Hodgson at Albion, and assistant to Ray Lewington at Watford many years earlier. Also, going by his Wikipedia - "He has been credited at Cardiff for having brought through Aaron Ramsey, and helped recommend Ramsey to Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, having retained a longstanding connection to the club. During transfer negotiations in the 2008–2009 season, Burton also advised that Ramsey join Arsenal, citing the similarity between the player and the club's overall style of play."

The only dodgy thing there for me is him actually recommending Ramsey to Arsene whilst he was still contracted to the club. Seems bizarre. I'd think it'd be an assistant role given Mike Rigg's involvement.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FPT on July 30, 2015, 04:18:54 PM
Interestingly, he was first team coach under Roy Hodgson at Albion, and assistant to Ray Lewington at Watford many years earlier. Also, going by his Wikipedia - "He has been credited at Cardiff for having brought through Aaron Ramsey, and helped recommend Ramsey to Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, having retained a longstanding connection to the club. During transfer negotiations in the 2008–2009 season, Burton also advised that Ramsey join Arsenal, citing the similarity between the player and the club's overall style of play."

The only dodgy thing there for me is him actually recommending Ramsey to Arsene whilst he was still contracted to the club. Seems bizarre. I'd think it'd be an assistant role given Mike Rigg's involvement.

It could have been when it was clear Ramsey was leaving - he could have recommended he sign for Arsenal instead of Man Utd, as they were the other team who had solid interest in him.

Apprentice to the Maestro

mike_corkcity12

Although seemingly Curbishley is still around so maybe the deal fell through?

The role touted was, 'director of coaching'. Era, who knows what the story is.

filham

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians ??

TrexFFC

Just more evidence that the way the club is run is a joke.

MJG

Quote from: TrexFFC on July 30, 2015, 06:36:17 PM
Just more evidence that the way the club is run is a joke.
I'm sorry I know its easy to kick the club but evidence of what?
Club have never said he's joining, just paper talk.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

west kowloon white

Why is it evidence that the running of the club is a joke?
Short of not yet signing quality defensive players( they seem to have  been trying) the running of the club seems pretty good now- coaching and team management- jury out.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: filham on July 30, 2015, 06:28:46 PM
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians ??

Too many Indians and no chief?

Lighthouse

Why is a post from over two months ago being resurrected for comment? I know it is boring atm but surely we can find newer things to comment on. I presume the original story from the paper I commented on was just not true. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope