Main Menu

The official "You know you're getting older when..." thread

Started by Burt, May 28, 2015, 09:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: gang on May 28, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
You'r in the Fulham line up.

Now that made me laugh.

But it's really only true of the season before. Or did the season just gone slip your mind? Not that that'd make you old - merely a good judge.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Airfix on May 28, 2015, 10:24:44 AM
Last night, my missus said to me, "Come upstairs and make mad, passionate love to me!"

I replied, "At my age, love, it's one or the other."

So which was it? Mad or passionate?  :005:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Tonywa

Quote from: Burt on May 28, 2015, 09:06:30 AM
You know you're getting older when...

You (well, me) have a couple of pints in the City last night, have a quick pee before going home, and then have to stop off at Wimbledon and Surbiton for further pees...

I used to be a camel in my yoof and store beer in my body. Now it just seeps out  :012:

Same problem and its really put me off going out on the beer plus the fact that I'll be up and down for half the night when I get home.  Going out for a drink now more often than not means going to a wine bar rather than downing pints in a pub.  Not the same, but there we are.

Barrett487

Seeing a pretty thing in the street and not noticing her pretty daughter and grandkids in tow.

New additions to your CD collection never being less than 20 years out of fashion.

Starting to pay attention to Michael Parkinson adverts and considering the lure of a pen.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

When you meet an attractive 65 year old and she says....
"Would you like a mother and daughter"

When you get to her house she shouts upstairs.
"Mum, can you come downstairs please"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

f5shooter

I'm only 44, so I don't consider myself to be old.  But then this happens...

We are all sitting around work talking one day.  There is a new girl sitting directly opposite me and she is drop-dead gorgeous!!  I mean the kind of girl you do a double-take and say, "Wow".

So we're all talking and somehow the events of 9-11 come up and her first words were, "I can't imagine what that was like..... I don't remember it, cuz I was in kindergarten."

I laughed thinking she had to be joking.... but she went on to let us all know that she was only 20 years old.  Born in 1995 and was 6 years old when it happened.

Man, that was hard to swallow.

Peabody

You take up playing Bowls. What worries me, is the flag at the bowls club is always at half mast.

f321ffc

Quote from: Peabody on May 28, 2015, 06:50:17 PM
You take up playing Bowls. What worries me, is the flag at the bowls club is always at half mast.
Last week me and the other half stopped and watched bowls on our local green and I came away thinking I might give it a go. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

YankeeJim

I won't say I'm old but I have more doctors than friends.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

You really must not worry about getting old, remember there is only one alternative.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 28, 2015, 04:44:14 PM
Seeing a pretty thing in the street and not noticing her pretty daughter and grandkids in tow.

New additions to your CD collection never being less than 20 years out of fashion.

Starting to pay attention to Michael Parkinson adverts and considering the lure of a pen.

What the heck's a CD collection?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Having to lean on a chair or the bed in the morning to help get your underpants on
Then having to sit down to put your socks on!

bog

When you don't wake up in the morning you come round...slowly

092.gif

FPT

Holders

When you bend down to pick something up and think "is there anything else I need to do while I'm here?".

When you phone your mobile because you've lost it and it's in your back pocket.

When you get one of those high-speed stairlifts that get you there before you forget what you wanted.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

When you see old  cars being done up on the TV and think " I had one of them" !

FFCpmd

When you're on the stairs and you stop to do up your shoelace, and when you have you can't remember whether you were going up, or coming down.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't