watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro back at Fulham

Started by Greek, June 02, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Unless his contract is cancelled by mutual agreement, then it will need someone to want to buy him, if not then use him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Oakeshott

"If the Greek Government thought Mitroglou had any value they would have already confiscated him and sold him at auction."

If the UK Government thought he had any value, they'd put him in the British Museum.

JackyFulham90

The club will loan him out again looking for a small fee with wages off wage bill with him returning if we gain promotion

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: filham on June 02, 2015, 06:21:22 PM
Ross, Smith. Woodrow, and Dembele are OK as premiership strikers. We are desperate for players in other positions so sensibly an injury prone striker who does not want to be with us and can bring in a million or two is best offloaded a.s.a.p..
Your having a laugh ! 
Ross is unproven at PL level but is a very important for us in the Championship.
Smith deserves a run in the team and can do a job next season but will never be up to PL standard.
Woodrow I'm afraid doesn't have the ability to be in a promotion challenging team let alone the PL.
Dembele has great potential and don't forget he is about 18 months younger than Woodrow and probably needs game time on loan.

As for Mitro, with the right attitude he could be a big asset on the pitch but scoring goals was not a big problem last year but we do need to rebuild a team from the back.
He may not be seen as a problem but its likely he will not be seen as part of the answer.  

RaySmith

As he has shown with Ruiz, Kit is prepared to play someone who doesn't want to be here, which we presume is the case with Mitro; but Kit expects them to have a professional attitude. Actually playing is also the best shop window for players the club wishes to sell.

So, unless he is quickly sold, or loaned, then we could well see Mitro again in a Fulham shirt, next season - and he might be a revelation.

cmg

Quote from: RaySmith on June 03, 2015, 09:31:27 AM
As he has shown with Ruiz, Kit is prepared to play someone who doesn't want to be here, which we presume is the case with Mitro; but Kit expects them to have a professional attitude. Actually playing is also the best shop window for players the club wishes to sell.

So, unless he is quickly sold, or loaned, then we could well see Mitro again in a Fulham shirt, next season - and he might be a revelation.

We seem to be playing, if not hardball, at least sensible-ball with these guys. They cost money and still have considerable value. Stek has two and Mitro three year contracts - we can't just chuck them away.

Ray is quite right about about the shop window, which is why Stek's attitude has puzzled me. Maybe he thought he could show Monaco he was better than Subasic, if so he totally failed.

I never thought I'd see either in a Fulham shirt again. But unless more interest is shown from elsewhere I may be proved wrong (it's happened before!). A fit and keen Mitro with a bit of service would murder the Championship, although I expect him to be snapped up before that happens.

filham

Quote from: Twig on June 02, 2015, 07:00:32 PM
Ross, Smith. Woodrow, and Dembele are OK as premiership strikers. We are desperate for players in other positions so sensibly an injury prone striker who does not want to be with us and can bring in a million or two is best offloaded a.s.a.p..

Did you mean premiership?
No sorry I meant championship. (An age related slip of the mind by an old fella still dreaming of those good years in the premiership)

The Rock

Yes, PL, and agreed. You can, and we desperately need to, buy a proper back 4 with what Mitro can fetch, but history under Khan dictates the club have a low probability in getting it right.

filham

Quote from: The Rock on June 03, 2015, 12:00:25 PM

Yes, PL, and agreed. You can, and we desperately need to, buy a proper back 4 with what Mitro can fetch, but history under Khan dictates the club have a low probability in getting it right.

With a few brilliant exceptions Fulham's post war history in the transfer market is a far from good.

To think that this summer we can turn last season's relegation team into a promotion outfit by three or four transfer deals goes against previous experience. Perhaps our best hope is for a couple of good buys and for our young players to have developed an amount due to experience so that we can occupy a mid table position.

alfie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 03, 2015, 08:48:39 AM
Your having a laugh ! 
Ross is unproven at PL level but is a very important for us in the Championship.
Smith deserves a run in the team and can do a job next season but will never be up to PL standard.
Woodrow I'm afraid doesn't have the ability to be in a promotion challenging team let alone the PL.
Dembele has great potential and don't forget he is about 18 months younger than Woodrow and probably needs game time on loan.

As for Mitro, with the right attitude he could be a big asset on the pitch but scoring goals was not a big problem last year but we do need to rebuild a team from the back.
He may not be seen as a problem but its likely he will not be seen as part of the answer.  

He is not having a laugh, he like you has an opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on June 03, 2015, 01:20:42 PM
Your having a laugh !  

I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion.
I'm also entitled to challenge, question or even lightheartedly be sarcastic about a view.
You too are free to say as you please, but why the lecture?

Twig

Quote from: filham on June 03, 2015, 10:12:45 AM
Quote from: Twig on June 02, 2015, 07:00:32 PM

Did you mean premiership?
No sorry I meant championship. (An age related slip of the mind by an old fella still dreaming of those good years in the premiership)

That's what I guessed but others have jumped on your mistake and taken it literally.  Hence the "you're have a laugh" comments. 
Time to move on guys.

alfie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 03, 2015, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 03, 2015, 01:20:42 PM
Your having a laugh !  

I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion.
I'm also entitled to challenge, question or even lightheartedly be sarcastic about a view.
You too are free to say as you please, but why the lecture?
My bad, sorry we see it so many times on here when someone expresses an opinion they are shot down, your comment "Your having a laugh" just seemed to imply that his opion did not matter.
Not in any way meant a as a "lecture".
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Quote from: Greek on June 02, 2015, 07:25:31 PM
Fulham are a strong position as it turns out concerning this player. I doubt he wants to play in Turkey.

That's what I was thinking and I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned before - unless the Turks have a different attitude towards Greeks as footballers?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Oakeshott on June 03, 2015, 08:27:39 AM
"If the Greek Government thought Mitroglou had any value they would have already confiscated him and sold him at auction."

If the UK Government thought he had any value, they'd put him in the British Museum.

Good one!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:30:45 PM
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:33:23 PM

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:33:23 PM

how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?

Since his move back to Olympiakos on loan, his injuries have magically cleared up, even playing and scoring against Madrid,, perhaps it's something in the water in the UK that affects him, but it seems that ever since he signed he has been injured - unless he is out on loan, or his national team comes calling. I've not seen much if anything about him complaining he was being left out of the Fulham squad when he was 'injured' or not, and most players who are hungry to play and support their club will want to play and be disgruntled when they are left out when available to play.

As for how good he is, or might be, I would rather have a player with half his skill and want to play for Fulham and actually try on the pitch than one that is 'injured' more than he actually plays (but only when it's Fulham he's playing for).

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one mate, for me, he will have to return and play magic for me to change my mind on this, unfortunately I don't see that happening, but I would be both shocked and extremely happy if it did!