Started by Greek, June 02, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 05, 2015, 12:35:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:30:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?

Oh nice one Ben - well done. I thought for a second you were going to forget to have a little unnecessary dig at Kit. Thanks for not letting us all down.
not a dig just a fact. do you think we are going to replace hugo or even mitro with the same quality? if todays rumours are true we are down grading stek for the old milwall keeper, and that will be the unfortunate trend in this window in my opinion
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 02:32:54 PM
Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?

Oh nice one Ben - well done. I thought for a second you were going to forget to have a little unnecessary dig at Kit. Thanks for not letting us all down.
not a dig just a fact. do you think we are going to replace hugo or even mitro with the same quality? if todays rumours are true we are down grading stek for the old milwall keeper, and that will be the unfortunate trend in this window in my opinion

Hugo was criticised unfairly by many on here and now we are calling for him to be replaced by the same quality? Mitro never showed any quality at Fulham so no replacement needed. We are replacing Kiraly not Stek as Stek hasn't been here for a season. So the trend is really to try and improve on what players we had at the club. Not players who played and were injured when at Fulham and not wanted by the loan clubs as they were not considered good enough or too expensive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 05, 2015, 04:21:53 PM

Hugo was criticised unfairly by many on here and now we are calling for him to be replaced by the same quality? Mitro never showed any quality at Fulham so no replacement needed. We are replacing Kiraly not Stek as Stek hasn't been here for a season. So the trend is really to try and improve on what players we had at the club. Not players who played and were injured when at Fulham and not wanted by the loan clubs as they were not considered good enough or too expensive.
if you want to pretend thats what we are doing then fine, but will you be expecting to use mitros and steks money on new players or have you written that off because they didnt play last season? the fact is they are our players and better than our alternatives. as for hugo, an inform hugo is a great asset, an out of form one is shocking.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 04:26:24 PM

if you want to pretend thats what we are doing then fine, but will you be expecting to use mitros and steks money on new players or have you written that off because they didnt play last season? the fact is they are our players and better than our alternatives. as for hugo, an inform hugo is a great asset, an out of form one is shocking.

But my point is they are not better players because they have been injured whenever they have played for us. So by reputation you can tell me how wonderful they are. But for us they have been woeful. A keeper who injured himself whenever he dived and a forward who was so slow as to be a nuisance. I am sure the money will come in handy for better players who hopefully have pace and will not hurt themselves every time they make a save.

Asotosyios

Lighthouse, I think you are rather harsh on your judgement. You can't say they have not been good enough for Fulham, simply because they got injured - it's not really their fault, is it?

Stekelenburg was unlucky to get injured on the first game of the season and Mitroglou had a problem with his knee when he came in January; if you want to blame somebody, you should blame the ones who authorised the transfer.

They still have two years left on their contracts, so if we let them play, you/we may end up saying they were good deals for Fulham (or not).

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 05, 2015, 05:10:19 PM

But my point is they are not better players because they have been injured whenever they have played for us. So by reputation you can tell me how wonderful they are. But for us they have been woeful. A keeper who injured himself whenever he dived and a forward who was so slow as to be a nuisance. I am sure the money will come in handy for better players who hopefully have pace and will not hurt themselves every time they make a save.
so have you written off hyndman and lvc for being injured alot last season? or are you selective. and we have to get behind a bad manager, but should get shot of our better players because they had injuries

Ordar

Personally as long as Mitroglou is happy to stay then I'd keep him.

Sign some wide players and full backs. Aim for something like:

-----------Betinelli----------
Grimmer--Dunk--Burn--Husband
Sako---LVC------Hyndman--Williams
----------McCormack-------
-----------------Mitroglou-----

That to me is a team that can get promoted

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on June 05, 2015, 05:59:57 PM
Personally as long as Mitroglou is happy to stay then I'd keep him.

Sign some wide players and full backs. Aim for something like:

-----------Betinelli----------
Grimmer--Dunk--Burn--Husband
Sako---LVC------Hyndman--Williams
----------McCormack-------
-----------------Mitroglou-----

That to me is a team that can get promoted

looks good to me too

Lighthouse

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 05, 2015, 05:38:36 PM
Lighthouse, I think you are rather harsh on your judgement. You can't say they have not been good enough for Fulham, simply because they got injured - it's not really their fault, is it?

Stekelenburg was unlucky to get injured on the first game of the season and Mitroglou had a problem with his knee when he came in January; if you want to blame somebody, you should blame the ones who authorised the transfer.

They still have two years left on their contracts, so if we let them play, you/we may end up saying they were good deals for Fulham (or not).

I take the point about the stupidity of the transfers. But we cannot say they will be missed or replaced by poorer players when they have never actually really played for us. Not blaming them but it is a fact that if we sign a player who plays and does averagely well then that will be better than these two managed. Not their fault I agree. Should they play again and do well then wonderful. But the wages would seem to put that in doubt.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 05:55:21 PM

so have you written off hyndman and lvc for being injured alot last season? or are you selective. and we have to get behind a bad manager, but should get shot of our better players because they had injuries
No I am saying that these players you said would be replaced by inferior players wouldn't actually be replaced by inferior players as these players haven't actually played well for us so any average player on lesser wages would do as good a job for us then these two. I am not writing off anyone who wants to play for Fulham but these two I would think have higher ambitions. You keep mentioning our bad manager but good or bad, Symons has sod all to do with these players staying or going.

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 05, 2015, 11:55:02 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2015, 05:55:21 PM

No I am saying that these players you said would be replaced by inferior players wouldn't actually be replaced by inferior players as these players haven't actually played well for us so any average player on lesser wages would do as good a job for us then these two. I am not writing off anyone who wants to play for Fulham but these two I would think have higher ambitions. You keep mentioning our bad manager but good or bad, Symons has sod all to do with these players staying or going.
with that kind of logic you could say we dont want messi because he has never played and done it for us. if kit doesnt replace mitro with an international capabele of scoring at champions league level then it will replacing him with an inferior player. and if kit has no say on our players, then wtf are we giving him another chance to see what he can do with his own squad. and before you say it, lots of teams force players to give them 6 to 12 months more before a guarenteed move