Started by Greek, June 02, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asotosyios

Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:46:20 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:38:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2015, 01:30:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?

Since his move back to Olympiakos on loan, his injuries have magically cleared up, even playing and scoring against Madrid,, perhaps it's something in the water in the UK that affects him, but it seems that ever since he signed he has been injured - unless he is out on loan, or his national team comes calling. I've not seen much if anything about him complaining he was being left out of the Fulham squad when he was 'injured' or not, and most players who are hungry to play and support their club will want to play and be disgruntled when they are left out when available to play.

As for how good he is, or might be, I would rather have a player with half his skill and want to play for Fulham and actually try on the pitch than one that is 'injured' more than he actually plays (but only when it's Fulham he's playing for).

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one mate, for me, he will have to return and play magic for me to change my mind on this, unfortunately I don't see that happening, but I would be both shocked and extremely happy if it did!

So, are you saying he pretended to be injured while at Fulham? Why would he do that?

And how do you know he didn't complain privately to Magath or told him he was ready and wanted to play? What should he have done? Perhaps give an interview saying: "I want to play for Fulham. I want to start every game and score lots of goals etc. but I cannot understand why Magath is not giving me any time"?

Greek

He was injured 3 separate times this season, kept him out a total of 26 days. Most injuries were muscle related.

TrexFFC

He is a very good player. Would welcome him back with eager anticipation. It's not his fault he was injured the entire time and madman never wanted to give him a shot.

westcliff white

we cannot stop him playing for his country injured or not, the country have a right to have their doctor examine him even if our doctor says he isnt fit, if they say he is, he has to play.

He wasn't fit when he signed for us, RM said that himself. As for this season he said he was fit and wanting to play and that the manager should be asked as to why he wasn't playing.

I have never seen anywhere where he has said I don't want to play for Fulham, he has never made comments in the press, that I have seen, like Bryan has indicating he wants away.
Every day is a Fulham day

McBride78

Having him on our books is not a bad thing regardless of how things go in the next few weeks.  If he plays, I think he would be quite good with Ross.  He did produce well on his loan, so he does have some value if sold and as long as that money is invested in the squad it is still a positive.  Not a problem in my opinion to have a forward that can score goals.  He is under contract, so I really could care less about speculation about what he does or does not want to do. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 04, 2015, 02:26:44 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 01:46:20 PM
Sorry, get shot of this player and get players who want to play for us. If he was reluctant in the Prem, I think the Championship will send him into hibernation!!
who says he was reluctant? ive only ever seen people say that he said he was fit and raring to go, and it wasnt down to him why he wasnt playing

Wasn't down to him? I know we blame FM for many things, and the majority are justified, but I didn't see a reluctance to play this guy when available. I find it amazing that he was almost uniquely unfit to play for us but managed to roll out to play for his Country without so much as a limp in most cases.
how do you know that it wasnt our medical team that were declairing him unfit though? and going on kits transfer dealings last season, do you think he will get anyone in as good as mitro or even hugo for that matter?

Since his move back to Olympiakos on loan, his injuries have magically cleared up, even playing and scoring against Madrid,, perhaps it's something in the water in the UK that affects him, but it seems that ever since he signed he has been injured - unless he is out on loan, or his national team comes calling. I've not seen much if anything about him complaining he was being left out of the Fulham squad when he was 'injured' or not, and most players who are hungry to play and support their club will want to play and be disgruntled when they are left out when available to play.

As for how good he is, or might be, I would rather have a player with half his skill and want to play for Fulham and actually try on the pitch than one that is 'injured' more than he actually plays (but only when it's Fulham he's playing for).

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one mate, for me, he will have to return and play magic for me to change my mind on this, unfortunately I don't see that happening, but I would be both shocked and extremely happy if it did!

So, are you saying he pretended to be injured while at Fulham? Why would he do that?

And how do you know he didn't complain privately to Magath or told him he was ready and wanted to play? What should he have done? Perhaps give an interview saying: "I want to play for Fulham. I want to start every game and score lots of goals etc. but I cannot understand why Magath is not giving me any time"?

I don't believe he 'pretended' to be injured, but in all walks of life we can find where person can deem him (or her) self 'fit' for work depending on the circumstances. I have the opinion that every player should deem playing for his team as important as playing for his country, and therefore when a player appears to be able to play for his country but not his club, then I feel that is an issue. What I do find amazing is that he managed to play 24 games this past season, twice as many as he managed for us!

As for your second item, the answer is YES. How many times have we seen players, or their agents, professing the wish to play and being unable to, or stopped from doing so, especially when they are easily the best choice. For the majority of players I believe this can impact their selection for the national team, obviously, lack of playing time etc didn't come into the Greek coaches thinking at that time, so perhaps the player was happy to sit it out at club level.

In addition to this, it seems that the player now wants to get his career back on track, and being a Championship player with us, with little real prospect of getting back into the top flight next season is not exactly going to set his world on fire. I haven't seen any reports that say he wants to return to Fulham recently, then again I haven't seen any that say he doesn't!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

westcliff white

He has been invited to a party that I am going to next Friday, hopefully he will be there

cmg

Quote from: westcliff white on June 04, 2015, 06:35:40 PM
He has been invited to a party that I am going to next Friday, hopefully he will be there

He's accepted the invite, but says he doesn't really want to go, his leg hurts and he may have to stay at home. Hope he scores if he turns up.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Logicalman on June 04, 2015, 06:21:35 PM

I don't believe he 'pretended' to be injured, but in all walks of life we can find where person can deem him (or her) self 'fit' for work depending on the circumstances. I have the opinion that every player should deem playing for his team as important as playing for his country, and therefore when a player appears to be able to play for his country but not his club, then I feel that is an issue. What I do find amazing is that he managed to play 24 games this past season, twice as many as he managed for us!

Mitroglou played 29 minutes against West Brom on 22 February, didn't play against Chelsea on March 1, played the whole game against Cardiff on March 8 and then 32 minutes against Stoke on May 3. During that period he played 60 minutes for Greece against South Korea on March 5, three days before the Cardiff game and then joined Greece for their World Cup training camp after the Premier League had finished. I am sorry, but I cannot support your argument that he made playing for Greece a priority over playing for Fulham. I don't remember if he was injured the rest of time or Magath thought he was unfit, but it doesn't look like he was playing for his country and not his club.

As for your second item, the answer is YES. How many times have we seen players, or their agents, professing the wish to play and being unable to, or stopped from doing so, especially when they are easily the best choice. For the majority of players I believe this can impact their selection for the national team, obviously, lack of playing time etc didn't come into the Greek coaches thinking at that time, so perhaps the player was happy to sit it out at club level.

How do you think it would look if he or his agent came out and said: I am ready, but Magath doesn't use me. Especially in a relegation fight, everybody would accuse him of disrupting the team chemistry and he should respect the manager's choices.

In addition to this, it seems that the player now wants to get his career back on track, and being a Championship player with us, with little real prospect of getting back into the top flight next season is not exactly going to set his world on fire. I haven't seen any reports that say he wants to return to Fulham recently, then again I haven't seen any that say he doesn't!

I am sure he would prefer to play in the Premier League, rather than the Championship (then again, who wouldn't?) but he never said he doesn't want to be here or play for Fulham. And what do you mean that he wants to get his career back on track? He won the double in Greece with Olympiakos scoring 19 goals in 34 games in all competitions - not that bad.

westcliff white

Quote from: cmg on June 04, 2015, 06:40:46 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 04, 2015, 06:35:40 PM

He's accepted the invite, but says he doesn't really want to go, his leg hurts and he may have to stay at home. Hope he scores if he turns up.
I havent heard if he has or hasnt, he lives next door to my friend which is why he was invited

Greek

You can't just invite Mitroglou to a party and expect him to turn up.. You have to put some tempters in the invite..  Tell him this will be going on..

Logicalman

Quote from: Asotosyios on June 04, 2015, 07:32:03 PM

Mitroglou played 29 minutes against West Brom on 22 February, didn't play against Chelsea on March 1, played the whole game against Cardiff on March 8 and then 32 minutes against Stoke on May 3. During that period he played 60 minutes for Greece against South Korea on March 5, three days before the Cardiff game and then joined Greece for their World Cup training camp after the Premier League had finished. I am sorry, but I cannot support your argument that he made playing for Greece a priority over playing for Fulham. I don't remember if he was injured the rest of time or Magath thought he was unfit, but it doesn't look like he was playing for his country and not his club.

How do you think it would look if he or his agent came out and said: I am ready, but Magath doesn't use me. Especially in a relegation fight, everybody would accuse him of disrupting the team chemistry and he should respect the manager's choices.

I am sure he would prefer to play in the Premier League, rather than the Championship (then again, who wouldn't?) but he never said he doesn't want to be here or play for Fulham. And what do you mean that he wants to get his career back on track? He won the double in Greece with Olympiakos scoring 19 goals in 34 games in all competitions - not that bad.

We can go back an forth arguing against each other points and opinions and still not agree. Lets just agree to disagree, I think he's a waste of space and would be happy if he didn't come back, and just as happy if he did and proved me wrong.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

As much as I would like to see him prosper in a Fulham shirt, unfortunately I feel he is a bit of a sick note when it suits him. I was dissapointed on the occasions when I have seen him play, as I am about his commitment to Fulham FC. Unless he has something special up his sleeve, that has not been revealed, and I have seen him score some good goals in Greece, long range, in the penalty area, in the air, and at set piece, but I do not think he can transfer that to the English Leagues, so it's probably best if the club can off load him for the best deal and price they can get.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Black, White and Fred

I think a season in the championship would help him adjust to English football in general. If he has desires of playing in the prem be it with Fulham or another club it would only benefit him to get that experience. However it may impact on his national selection, but if he was banging them in at championship level I am sure the selectors would still probably want to use him.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Bronaldinho

As much as I would love to see him in a Fulham shirt and start alongside McCormack, I doubt we will see him.

I'm sure some rich club from Turkey, Qatar will make a bid or he'll go out on loan again.

£40k a week, probably best to clear off the books.

If we made it up next season (Big If) then maybe he would have a future.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Lighthouse

Why do fans think it would be good see Mitro start alongside Ross? Neither are blessed with great pace and I have seen nothing yet to suggest Mitro can find space in the same way Ross does. I am not sure we can put up with the headlines of the price tags failing to score. Ross has looked good and worth the money even without his goals. But what am I missing in watching Mitro? I see nothing to suggest he can do damage in the Championship now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks it is going to be more difficult for him to score in the Championship than it is in the Champions League ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

Quote from: Roberty on June 05, 2015, 10:27:33 AM
I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks it is going to be more difficult for him to score in the Championship than it is in the Champions League ?

Well he is going to play with Championship players for one thing. Has he done well in the Champions League this season? If so he will go to a better club than ours and good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 05, 2015, 10:42:47 AM
Quote from: Roberty on June 05, 2015, 10:27:33 AM

Well he is going to play with Championship players for one thing. Has he done well in the Champions League this season? If so he will go to a better club than ours and good luck to him.
he will get a better club, because he is a better player, and god forbid we keep hold of the players that might make kit look like an ok manager.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wimbledon_White

Oh nice one Ben - well done. I thought for a second you were going to forget to have a little unnecessary dig at Kit. Thanks for not letting us all down.