News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Want Standing On The Terraces Again?

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 10, 2015, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

Can anyone clear up how this works?  Is it like standing of old where it's first come first served, move and you lose your space or is it just like numbered seating but without the seats obviously?
¡COYW!

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2015, 10:51:07 AM
I always feel standing in the crushed area of the seats as many do is as dangerous as having terraces. I see no problem in having safe areas for standing. There must be a way now to stop the old fashioned 'falling and swaying' masses crushing people during matches. So safe areas make sense.

May even stop the idiots who insist in standing up by their seats instead of sitting causing everybody to have to stand to see the game.

:plus one:

VicHalomsLovechild

If I'd had to stand instead of sitting through some of last season's games I would of got to the pub a lot earlier.

Chesh

100% yes, and I agree, the perfect place to do is is the enclosure...would go someway to bringing back a proper football atmosphere, which has been lacking ever since all seater stadia (even though I understand the reasoning).
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

HillingdonFFC

Absolutely 100% yes. Hate sitting at football, find it unnatural.Understand there are people unable to stand for various reasons, just be great to have the choice again

King_Crud

Quote from: The Enclosurite on June 10, 2015, 04:24:34 PM
Can anyone clear up how this works?  Is it like standing of old where it's first come first served, move and you lose your space or is it just like numbered seating but without the seats obviously?

I've done it in Germany 4 times and if it's the same as there it's just a stand where you like in the area set up. But there's basically a barrier every row instead of seats, so you only really fit people side by side maybe 2 deep, rather than rows deep

Mokes

They have a whole end designated for standing at Croke Park in Dublin, which is one of the biggest stadiums in Europe and it works perfectly. The Atmosphere is amazing in hill 16. It would definitely work for football, alhough I'm not too sure about the cottage.

I haven't been to the cottage in a while but is the 'enclosure' everyone is speaking of the little area at the Putney end of the JH stand?

Nick Bateman

Terraces should be brought back in the safe form used successfully in Germany for many years and they have the highest attendances of ANY European league!!!

One is tired of sad Liverpool fans lecturing all of us that we cannot have terraces back because of the Hillsborough disaster, when in fact that was due more to Thatcher's policy to treat football supporters as 'animals' and had cages installed on all grounds!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Barrett487

WORTHINGFULHAM

There should be an option to stand in every ground in my opinion, standing at the greenpole in the 80s and 90s was a sure fire way to meet your mates in the same place and create an atmosphere. Sitting spilts people up and thus reduces atmosphere due to sporadic pockets of fans trying to get a song going.

The Swan

No.
I buy a season ticket for a seat to watch the game. Yes I do stand up when Fulham are attacking the Hammy End.
I agree if clubs had one area of the stadium that could be standing only then I can see sense in that.
The Swan

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

couple of years ago i would have said yes in a heart beat. now id have reservations. for one id never take my kids into a standing area,
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St Eve

mrmicawbers

In Reply to Mokes question the original enclosure ran the whole way at the front of the johnny Haynes stand.It was the space at the front of JH stand divided by a brick wall to the main stand.Im guessing it was replaced by 10 rows of seats.

Thamesbank