News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do You Want Standing On The Terraces Again?

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 10, 2015, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Germany have had safe Standing areas back for a few seasons
now,and all their grounds are full most of the time and there has been no problems.
Yesterday Glasgow Council have permitted Celtic to have Safe Standing
at Parkhead from next season, up to 3, 000 I believe.
Would you like to see it relaxed in England and stand on the Hammersmith End again.. 049:gif

westcliff white

For me I prefer all seater stadiums, but can see why people would want it bought back.
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

I like standing myself, especially as my knees get stiff sitting too long..lol
Also when its cold its better standing..

LBNo11

...I would like terraces again, to choose where you stand and with whom. Although the Hammersmith End is my 'spiritual' home I spent a few years with my son in the family enclosure. I would like to see the Enclosure re-opened as terrace again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Black, White and Fred

Would like standing again, although I am a bit tall to be perched on the anticrush rail now or even the advertising boards at that.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Southdowns White

Yes, some people stand at just about every game anyway, It's not the standing that's dangerous it's the safe stewarding and design of such areas that has caused most problems in the past.

MJG

Quote from: Southdowns White on June 10, 2015, 09:39:37 AM
Yes, some people stand at just about every game anyway, It's not the standing that's dangerous it's the safe stewarding and design of such areas that has caused most problems in the past.
While I agree with that as a general point I'm actually against the rail standing in the Uk because while it works abroad, I just dont trust a small minority of fans to keep this standing 'safe'. They will not take any notice of only say 20 people in a particular row, and you will just end up sometimes with the crushing that causes problems.

filham

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2015, 09:46:18 AM
While I agree with that as a general point I'm actually against the rail standing in the Uk because while it works abroad, I just dont trust a small minority of fans to keep this standing 'safe'. They will not take any notice of only say 20 people in a particular row, and you will just end up sometimes with the crushing that causes problems.

If it works safely in Glasgow surely it could be made to work in Fulham.

grandad

With my sciatica, painful hip & knees I even find it painful to stand & have a wee. I am happy to sit these days.
It´s not like the old days when you changed ends at half time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SKSW6

100%. I ended up standing at every game last season anyway, but this way I don't end up destroying my shins and falling over rows celebrating goals.

ron

Yes, standing enclosures should return. Now the truth has emerged about Hillsborough, the main objection has gone.

Not even the "toastrack" type standing we have seen overseas....surely a barrier every, say 4 steps would stop the dangerous surges of the past, and give a sense of comfort and movement for the spectator.

Only allowing those into grounds who have tickets - surely a no-brainer - guarantees safety in terms of no crushes.

westcliff white

As I mentioned earlier prefer seating than standing, but understand why people would like it back.

The point of only allowing people in with tickets that Ron make sis a good one, I never understand why people without tickets go to games, on big game occasions you will always see try to get in if they are there without tickets. I remember a cup final (not sure which year) at the old Wembley where people were hauling others up from windows of the towers etc, quite shocking.

I don't think personally it will ever be 100% safe, if you have a child there with you any surge can be dangerous given barrier heights etc, but that's just my view and as I say I understand peoples reasons for wanting it back.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

I always feel standing in the crushed area of the seats as many do. Is as dangerous as having terraces. I see no problem in having safe areas for standing. There must be a way now to stop the old fashioned 'falling and swaying' masses crushing people during matches. So safe areas make sense.

May even stop the idiots who insist in standing up by their seats instead of sitting causing everybody to have to stand to see the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

:plus one: :plus one:

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2015, 10:51:07 AM
I always feel standing in the crushed area of the seats as many do. Is as dangerous as having terraces. I see no problem in having safe areas for standing. There must be a way now to stop the old fashioned 'falling and swaying' masses crushing people during matches. So safe areas make sense.

May even stop the idiots who insist in standing up by their seats instead of sitting causing everybody to have to stand to see the game.
:plus one: :plus one:

jj____

Quote from: SKSW6 on June 10, 2015, 10:15:23 AM
100%. I ended up standing at every game last season anyway, but this way I don't end up destroying my shins and falling over rows celebrating goals.

(insert joke about not having much to celebrate last season here)

Wolf

Personally I've no interest in standing at football. Standing areas would not increase capacity or reduce ticket prices (costs of retro fitting stadia would potentially increase prices).

However, I am neutral about introducing 'safe standing'. The selfish behaviour of some (particularly away fans) who insist on standing in front of fellow fans in seated areas evidences there is a demand for some standing areas.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

alfie

I don't see any problem if that is what people want, personally i prefer to sit as my legs can't do it any more, take out the seats in the enclosure and return that area to standing and see how it goes.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on June 10, 2015, 11:52:50 AM
I don't see any problem if that is what people want, personally i prefer to sit as my legs can't do it any more, take out the seats in the enclosure and return that area to standing and see how it goes.

Agree, but I dont think the authorities will ever change their mind.

Berserker

I think a safe standing area is safer than what we sometimes get at matches where fans are doing the bouncy in a seated area. I personally wouldn't go into the safe standing area as I prefer to have a seat and cannot see if people are standing in front of me.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.