watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League released lists

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, June 10, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Isn't Lamps heading to NY? Or was that all just a PR stunt?

McBride78

Jos Hooiveld - Affordable wages, IMO would be a good player at the Championship level.
Chris Baird - leadership, can play several positions, good cover.
Guidetti - Good option, could not score fewer goals for us that Mitro did last year and I assume his wages would cost heck of a lot less.
Miyaichi - I like this one.  We have lost several attackers and a pacey player like this is needed.

Riverside

As many are ignoring salary expectations

My choice would be Drogba  :wine:

McBride78

Surely the likes of Jos and Baird are not beyond our salary structure.

valdeingruo

Miyachi would be a good shout. Its about time we get back to being the club that players come back to kickstart their career.

Baird would be a shout as a squad player.

Vlaar, Distin and Jaskalienen would be good aswell.

Guidetti would compliment our squad, but we would have to sort out our forwards to make space.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

valdeingruo

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 10, 2015, 08:46:02 PM
Isn't Lamps heading to NY? Or was that all just a PR stunt?

No he  is going there, the supporters groups were upset that they were misled by that.

Roberty

I think that Emerson Hyndman's injury was the one that killed our season most last year

It is interesting to see that he does not make the bench or even get a mention here
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

valdeingruo

Quote from: Roberty on June 11, 2015, 05:33:19 AM
I think that Emerson Hyndman's injury was the one that killed our season most last year

It is interesting to see that he does not make the bench or even get a mention here
I came back to this thread to say that exact same thing. He and LVC were great to see grow, both injuries seemed to hamper us.

JackyFulham90

Mulumbu the obvious one , Rosenior would do a job. Davidson & Palacios would be decent pick ups aswell

Burt

What about me?

Yours affectionately

Bobby Zamora

:dft011:

cmg

I think that most of these players are of limited attraction.

Guidetti would top the list of the non-super stars, but how realistic would he be as a target? Not very, I would suggest.

Below that sort of level Mulumbu would be OK, although he doesn't really address much in the way of our midfield problems. He was only a bit-part player last year (and his Birth Cert. might not bear too close an inspection!)

I fail to see the attraction of Liam Rosenior, other than the inevitable gilding that departed players seem to acquire. He was a decent, if unexceptional, full-back when he was with us (a bit of a scapegoat too, if I remember correctly - which I might not). He played a total of 40min after New Years Day.

Sorensen has retired and is cycling accross the USA - so he might be a bit knackered.

Hangeland, excellent payer that he was, was pretty much finished when he was playing for us in the relegation team.

Baird, again excellent for us, is another from the past who should be remembered with affection, not re-signed.

Having secured a three year contract extension for Cauley Woodrow, I would think the management intend to use him in some capacity!

I was going to add "At least no one has suggested the return of Bobby Z." - Too late! (I presume it was a joke.  :021:

snarks

Of that list Palacios is a maybe, he is better at sticking in a position than Scott, but his distribution isn't as good (even on Scotts bad days). Hooiveld was on season long loan at Norwich last year and was behind Turner, so he is a no for me. It is back 4 Fulham need most, with one left sided midfield player with crossing ability (Pringle?) well in my eyes anyway.

grandad

Sorry but I would not cream my pants for any of them. They have all been released for a reason. We need players that are in the 25 man squads, not rejects.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pluto

I would probably take Zamora for a year as well to be honest (don't shoot me!) He knows where the net is and has a point to prove here. Worst case scenario, if we end up losing two or three of our first team forwards (Rodallega, Ruiz and Mitro will go and some have even mentioned McCormack and Dembele could leave) Zamora could come in handy.

Jims Dentist

Tremmel the German keeper of Swansea to compete with Betts.
Mostly did pretty well when deputising for Vorm the season before last.

As with all of those listed, would depend on their wage expectation.

alfie

Jonas Gutierrez for me, love his attitude, always tried to give 100%

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: grandad on June 11, 2015, 01:03:18 PM
Sorry but I would not cream my pants for any of them. They have all been released for a reason. We need players that are in the 25 man squads, not rejects.

I'm not sure even us signing Messi would make me do that!

There are plenty of good players on there who are leaving for a reason...they didn't want to sign a new contract. You could easily build a competitive team out of that list with 4or5 walking straight in to any team in this league

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: snarks on June 11, 2015, 11:00:16 AM
Of that list Palacios is a maybe, he is better at sticking in a position than Scott, but his distribution isn't as good (even on Scotts bad days). Hooiveld was on season long loan at Norwich last year and was behind Turner, so he is a no for me. It is back 4 Fulham need most, with one left sided midfield player with crossing ability (Pringle?) well in my eyes anyway.
Hooiveld was at Millwall the 2nd half of the season and did not shine there. If you cannot shine in that squad then it's a no go for me.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 10, 2015, 04:39:20 PM
I'd have Wilson Palacios (on a 1 year deal with option for 2nd year),
Rosenior and Mulumbu.
Palacious on a 1 year deal could be interesting in this league , could be a very effective midfield destroyer always assuming he can avoid the red cards