watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

choice of threads

Started by cheerupjimmyhill, June 13, 2015, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheerupjimmyhill

Why do people on here criticise other people's threads?

For example the QPR thread, it was clearly titled so surely if your not interested in QPR then don't read it and don't post on it. It seems pretty basic to me.

I have always disliked rangers more than chelsea probably because around Hayes its full of rangers and I have to put up with them for nearly 50 years. The only real interest in the premier last year for me was seeing rangers do badly whereas I have no interest in chelsea.

In fact they are more relevant to us this year cause they have come down and it is interesting to see how they react to things.

Anyway I digress, why not let other people talk about what they want to talk about and if your not interested then don't join in the thread or better still don't criticise a thread because you may not be interested in something other people are.

Fulham76

Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on June 13, 2015, 11:06:41 AM

For example the QPR thread, it was clearly titled so surely if your not interested in QPR then don't read it and don't post on it. It seems pretty basic to me.

I have always disliked rangers more than chelsea probably because around Hayes its full of rangers and I have to put up with them for nearly 50 years. The only real interest in the premier last year for me was seeing rangers do badly whereas I have no interest in chelsea.

In fact they are more relevant to us this year cause they have come down and it is interesting to see how they react to things.

Anyway I digress, why not let other people talk about what they want to talk about and if your not interested then don't join in the thread or better still don't criticise a thread because you may not be interested in something other people are.

Yep, agreed it's pretty straightforward.

There are a few here, but one poster in particular, that goes crazy at negative posts! Yet this person starts new negative threads about negative threads & gets pretty agressive if you don't agree.

I recently had 3-4 personal messages from them over the course of 2 days & many argumentative comments on various posts because we disagreed. He even hounded a friend of mine with personal messages because we have similar names & he mistakenly thought it was me.

Buffalo76

:plus one:

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 13, 2015, 11:21:50 AM

Yep, agreed it's pretty straightforward.

There are a few here, but one poster in particular, that goes crazy at negative posts! Yet this person starts new negative threads about negative threads & gets pretty agressive if you don't agree.

I recently had 3-4 personal messages from them over the course of 2 days & many argumentative comments on various posts because we disagreed. He even hounded a friend of mine with personal messages because we have similar names & he mistakenly thought it was me.

There seems to be a culture of whether your face fits on here. We all share the same thing - a love of Fulham FC - but at times that doesn't seem to matter to some on here.

Logicalman

I believe that FoF has managed to minimize the 'clique' fraternity that was the bane of both the old offal, and some current Fulham MBs, though nothing is perfect and the human factor will always come into it (yep, even the Mods are human - perish the thought).

I agree with the OP though, if the title clearly states the content and message, then why members bother to open it, read it and then complain about it solely due to it's subject matter is beyond me too. The same can be said for the personal battles we find on every board, if a member doesn't want to read something from another member, then ignore them, I mean electronically ignore them - if the biological ignore doesn't work so well.

Happy posting.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Logicalman on June 13, 2015, 12:51:49 PM
I believe that FoF has managed to minimize the 'clique' fraternity that was the bane of both the old offal, and some current Fulham MBs, though nothing is perfect and the human factor will always come into it (yep, even the Mods are human - perish the thought).

I agree with the OP though, if the title clearly states the content and message, then why members bother to open it, read it and then complain about it solely due to it's subject matter is beyond me too. The same can be said for the personal battles we find on every board, if a member doesn't want to read something from another member, then ignore them, I mean electronically ignore them - if the biological ignore doesn't work so well.

Happy posting.

That is indeed what you have to do. I am afraid despite once thinking that everybody should be listened to. The only thing for persistent trolls and haters is to go to the menu and 'ignore them'. I currently have 423 on my list. In fact I even 'ignore' myself because of the rubbish and bile that comes out in my posts. We all support the same club, have disagreements and move on. But a few are best' ignored', including me. The truth is you can always stop 'ignoring' them. I have tried that. But oddly they all make it back eventually. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

That's exactly why I didn't open this thread and didn't read every post.
But I agree with you, there are some odd fish.
The QPR post was as relevant to Fulham as many of the other post directly related to Fulham,
so I cannot understand any criticism of it.
Many things to do with QPR, Brentford and QPR are relevant to FFC and particularly us supporters.

It doesn't really bother me now, although I get into the odd minor tiff.
Lots of people seem to look at my ridiculously funny 'monologue posts' but few comment which
is fine, you either like my Fulham-related humor or not.

So please don't post this sort of thing again either wise I will be forced not to comment
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Agree with OP. Completely.  ✌
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

LBNo11

...I'm disappointed with this posts subject line; I thought it was about choosing which items of clothing prior to a night out, that would achieve the height of sartorial elegance..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

I would also like to add I'm not human
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

love4ffc

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 13, 2015, 05:57:39 PM
...I'm disappointed with this posts subject line; I thought it was about choosing which items of clothing prior to a night out, that would achieve the height of sartorial elegance..!

Now that would be the thread of the year. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

dannyboi-ffc

Some people forget that some fulham fans have lost all their friends and family who they associated with the club and fof is their way of expressing their views. I know a few members who dont post much now because they were fed up of being told what opinion they were allowed to have.

Whether you have been on here since the start or joined yesterday everyone is entitled to their opinion. There are rules on what not to post and providing those are obeyed I don't see the issue. I don't remember coming across a rule that you can only post if you all have the same opinion.

I have only been on here a year so some of you should know a lot better than I do. We are Friends of Fulham, by all means disagree but don't make others feel they cant post because you think differently.

Thats not the Fulham way, at least not how I grew up with it. And for the record I would like to think I have mellowed before someone tells me I am intervening unnecessarily or being a hypocrite.

Its my birthday today, have one on me!   082.gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2015, 11:05:39 AM
Are you paying ?

Haha good one!!!!  064.gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Berserker

We should have what is your favourite biscuit thread
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Here we go again. I suppose a cake thread would just be taken over by the negative biscuit fans.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Harold Shand

Tweed in the winter ...seersucker in the summer.

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.